Customs: Retooled First Editon Optimus Prime Rifles - Compatible with both PRID and FE

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by sixpointsinspace, May 3, 2012.

1. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Typically I sell the guns (and was planning to sell the swords the same) in pairs. Originally I was expecting about $10 shipped a set but I think that may end up going to $12 shipped a set for normal colors, and $14 shipped a set for silver or quicksilver (because of the added material cost). Once the first batch is done and I calculate out my cost I will confirm those prices. For the handful of folks who I allowed to pay in advance I will honor the original $10 price.

I expect the swords to be about the same cost but I will probably do a new thread on those once they are ready to go. Thankfully so far they are proving to be much less finicky to produce consistently. I picked up a Pressure Pot and Air Compressor last night which should make me be able to pump these out a little better. I will set it up this weekend along side putting in our new lawn.

No rest for the wicked :) 

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Those are coming out great, keep up the good work :thumbs2: 

3. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Is there any word on these? It's been a few weeks since the last post.

4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Wow these look great and at a very fair price! You should consider putting your stuff on etsy it I saw a Prime Soundwave tentacle set on Etsy, why not your guns and swords?

Probably be easier to get them out that way.

I'd buy a pair of both of them if I could get them from Etsy.

5. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    Ya, I thought I had come on here and updated but I guess not. I had to unexpectedly travel for work and it turns out resin isn't something on the approved carry on list for flying. So I wasn't putting too big a gum in production I mailed a couple of my molds off to a partner in New York who is going to fill the rest of the allotment for me. He received them today so he should continue churning them out while im out of commission. I'll have him pop in here for an update as soon as he can.

6. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    So I'm working with Six on these, i'll be picking up some Baby powder/talc to try that over the mold release and see if that fixes the issue. I'll update when I have firm results

7. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Thanks for the update, guys. Please let us know how things are going.

8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, keep us updated! For $24.00, it seems, I can get two rifles and two swords. Shit, I'll buy that!

9. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    I'm trying a couple of things to fix some imperfections in the castings. Things that would drive me nuts if i had bought em and got em...

10. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    So, bad news. I finally got around to testing my new pressure casting setup. It worked great, resolving all my previous quality issues. Unfortunately molds not cured under pressure that are then casted under pressure have the side effect of destroying the mold. My prime gun and sword molds are ruined. I can't afford to make replacements right now so pending success with peagis the gun and sword project is effectively cancelled.

A couple people are getting some of my Manuel poured prototypes but that's it. Future projects should go much more smoothly. I learned a lot doing this. You wont see any further projects announced from me until they are finished and in production.

Thanks to everyone who supported me and keep your eyes peeled for future projects.

Side note. Got silver perfected for future products.

11. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Interested in a set for my AM Prime. I am not sure of all the options but what options would it be if I just want an accurate show version? (Have no idea what exact color that would be or length of it should be?)

12. backlash3906

backlash3906 Throttlebot

News Credits:
    How, if at all, do these work with Entertainment Pack Optimus?