Customs: Retooled First Editon Optimus Prime Rifles - Compatible with both PRID and FE

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by sixpointsinspace, May 3, 2012.

1. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi there,

I posted some of this on the Dr. Wu thread but here goes;

Prior to Dr. Wu posting about their KO versions of the FE Prime Rifles I had been working on a mold for my private use that slightly retooled the original gun so my AM-01 Prime could have some guns and so my FE could have two instead of just the one it comes with. This isn't a full on KO (because that's not my style) but is modified from the original FE Prime Rifle. I and a couple partners are working on releasing some fully original Prime Upgrade Kits in the next month or so and purchases of this gun will go to funding that effort as well as keeping your money in the USA.

On to the fun stuff. These guns work with both the FE and PRID (including Takara) Prime molds as well as any toy that can hold pegs of the same size. The "hand hiding" gimick is there. Changes are;

• No "Bayonette" feature under the top Barrel
    • No "Plastic Saving Gap" Under the handle and rear base (gives the gun a nice weight)
    • No gap between the upper and lower barrels (this area is filled in)
    • Choice of long or short rifle butt (based on where I do the cut)
    • Choice of basic colors, default being black (if you ask for something really weird I might charge more). Also translucent bubbly clear is available.

Additional benefits to you over purchasing the KO version is that your money stays local (assuming you live in the USA or Canada), the item will be shipped from the USA and theoretically arrive sooner, and you will be supporting soon to be announced future Prime Upgrade kits.

Pictures of the weapons on FE Prime;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and on PRID Prime;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and some bonus general pictures;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cost is $10 shipped in the lower 48 states for a set of 2 Rifles. If you want more, just add $10 per set. If you live in Canada or somewhere else not in the lower 48 PM for a shipped price and I will figure it out. Item will be shipped in a bubble envelope first class. If you want tracking that is an additional $1 per total order.

I accept Paypal, Money Order, and concealed Cash.

If you would like to order a set PM me with how many sets you want and in what color along with your address, if you want Delivery Confirmation or not, and your preferred method of payment. I will reply with a total and and an address to send your money or paypal to.

First couple folks interested (which I already have pms for I think) will get their order free and only pay the shipping cost as long as they agree to post their honest opinions of the product here and maybe a picture or two.

Thanks for looking and supporting me and my teams custom efforts!

Jason (Portudork, sixpointsinspace)

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Can you cast these in silver?

3. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    Possibly. I have a technique I haven't actually tried yet that should give a metallic silver appearance. It uses an additional material in the resin so the cost might be a couple dollars more but I could experiment this weekend and see how it turns out if you are interested. Should be fun to try regardless :) 

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving these!

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    What about Argentum?

6. Stormbringer85

Stormbringer85 Well-Known Member

Pmd you! :D 

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for posting more pics and price:thumb 

This looks really nice. Do you have these in one size only? Do you have any that are about 2/3 or 1/2 the size shown?

I live in Japan, so I'll send you a PM soon inquiring about shipping.

8. naldopr

naldopr Well-Known Member

I will order mine by thursday is puerto rico included in this deal 10 shipped?

9. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PM'd

10. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm interested. PM'd you last night.

11. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    Im definitely interested I just PM'd you and any chance you might so a sword set??

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let us know what happens with the Silver. I'm interested. Awesome work.

13. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    This, I am interested too! In silver or black & I'll just paint it of the silver doesn't work out.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm interested in a silver set as well. Let us know if it works out!
    Also, I'd also like to ask -- any chance of you doing swords as well?

15. Aznxmel

Aznxmel Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i pm im also interested. thanks

16. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    Just an update for folks. Had a huge deadline (still finishing it now) at work this week so I haven't been able to get orders going over the weekend like I wanted. Updated time frame is likely end of this week/Monday for the first orders to go out. You will all be PMed for payment when this happens. Thanks for your patience and the overwhelming interest.

17. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PM ya for two sets in silver

18. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Did the Silver work out OK ? Have you access to a light grey material too ?

(similar to P-RID Optimus' interlimb colouring)

Did you finalise International pricing details I am in the UK and would be interested in a silver and a clear set ? Possibly Grey too.

Oh and for the Future perhaps it's possible to make wrecking balls (and/or) cannons for Bulkhead too?.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking is it feasible to make a 'Broken blade' option for Optimus ?

Also I hear that Starscream's Voyager can not stand up properly - is that something fixable with an extra piece ?

Prime as a line seems very well suited to weapons Upgrades, not to mention all those Macguffins too like the Spark Extractor or the Inter-Phase Bracelet.

20. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    So I basically had my time last weekend (and this week too) monopolized by my day job work so I haven't had a chance to try the metallic looks yet (or pour the orders of which there has been a much heavier demand than I expected). I have time this weekend and all day Monday set aside for working on parts so expect an update then.

Additionally I have had a lot of requests for other products. Just so people know what my priority is currently;

1. Filling and making additional molds (to save me time) for orders of the FE Prime Guns.
    2. Creating molds and taking orders for Hercules Chest Shield Extensions
    3. Testing molds I have for some original Prime upgrade projects I have had in the pipes for a few months for the FE Starscream and FE and PRID Arcee toys.
    4. Swords for PRID and FE Optimus (this is another side project like the Prime Guns that was supposed to be for me personally originally but seems like there is a lot of demand for).
    6. Other original Prime upgrade projects in the design phase

So as you can see I have my hands full with whats there right now. I have had a few requests for custom heads for Prime, extra wrecking balls for Bulkhead, and other things like that. These are all good ideas but with my current load of work may not be feasible. I do have partners in some of these other projects so I may pass some casting work off to them after I make the base molds but we will just have to see how it goes.

I really appreciate all the orders and the positive feedback folks have been sending. I am doing my best to get these products out there as fast as I can with a level of quality that meets my standards.

Thanks and talk to you guys soon with an update!