Retaliation against Stingrays?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Link

Ugh I'm not surprised at this but I'm no less disgusted:yuck 

Steve Irwin's death was a horrid tragedy, but slaughtering Stingrays?!? I mean come on.These people are more savage then the Stingrays they slaughtered. According to my research this seems like a freak accident more then anything as Stingrays are reportedly pretty docile creatures who attack mainly in defence.

These people are simply savages using Steve's name as a Martyr. Not like Steve Irwin would've encouraged this savagery anyway. And that Flash game being circulated is just ghoulish. If I were Steve's wife I'd find out what jackass constructed that game and sue him/her

And Germain Greer needs to shut her trap. A woman's husband just died and she's using that death to further her own socio-political agenda. Steve's death was cause and effect pure and simple. Untamed wildlife is at times unpredicatable, this could've just as easily happened to the average Joe. But because it's Steve Irwin it's "Good serves him right" Germain's attitude makes me sick:mad 

*EDIT*

There's 2 games in circulation 1)Where you play a Stingray and just attack SCUBA Divers with your tail and 2)The one I mention where Terry shoots Stingrays

2. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I mean stingrays are harmless. Thats human nature, just like the caveman days and all human nature. Kill what is a threat, but stingrays are not a threat to humanity, he was just unlucky and misfortuante..

3. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

LoL honestly, people in my state aren't known for brains.

A week after S11 some dickheads tried to set fire to a budhisst monsatry in my area. When arrested they said it was revenge for S11.

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

This happens every now and then with the stingrays, though. People have found corpses with their tails cut off over the years, it's nothing new. I'm guessing Steve's death is just something they're using as an excuse.

Oh, one bit of outdated information: the memorial service will be held at the Zoo, 9AM next wednesday (AEST). It'll be shown live on commercial TV here with no ad breaks. They're letting 3000 people in; they've been queuing outside the zoo now for a day or more, some of them. Tickets are being released 9AM this morning... 30 miuntes to get there if you even want a look-in ;) 

I originally said on sale, but they're not, they're being given away, first come first served. Being held in the Crocoseum section of the park.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Mr. Irwin would be very upset by this turn of events. Anyone who doesn't understand what he was about has no business doing anything on his behalf.

Greer is a messed-up bitch. :( 

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's the only person to have ever been killed at the Great Barrier Reef by a Stingray!

I've petted Stingrays. I've swam with Stingrays. Unless you're shoving a finger up it's ass while humping it, you're going to be fine! Killing them out of retribution just makes me sick. :puke: 

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure aobut deaths in the Great Barrier Reef that have ever been caused by a Stingray, but he was the 4th person in the past 100 years to of died because of a Stingray. I loved watching his show, he was a great person. But I would never start killing Stingrays just because one was the cause of is untimely death. That's just sick and wrong. Peace out.

8. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Can you show me one state where they are?

This whole thing is fucking retarded. Love Steve Irwin, and in his memory betray everything he stands for. What next? Kill people in the name of Christ?

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That just makes me sick. Totally stupid and retarded... or just an excuse to do some mischief and use Irwins death as an excuse in case you get caught.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

What if a croc killed him instead, doubt they'd go after them for revenge, eh?
    Poor Irwin, what a way to piss on the guys morality for wildlife. They should find these people and cut off their asscheeks.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Then they'd be exposed for the assholes they are. *badum-ching!*

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

LOL!! What was Steve doing to that Ray..Hmmm??

13. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Damn, this is very fucked up. What happened to Steve was a tragedy, but its no excuse to slaughter any animals.

BTW, yes stingrays are some of the most harmless things in the world. I swim with them here in Florida very frequently.

14. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

would these people feel the same way if a rock climber fell down a canyon? I mean honestly, Irwin took chances. I feel bad for the stingrays. why are people so dumb?

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. If this were Brad Pitt or someone who had been killed by a stingray, I might understand it a LITTLE bit better...but Steve Irwin? The guy who tried his best to help us understand these sometimes-frightening animals? The guy that tried to reassure us that we shouldn't villify, hunt, or kill these animals just because we don't understand them?

I agree, this is just an excuse people are using to kill stingrays. A person would have to be pretty fucking dumb and disrespectful to (most likely) the wishes of the deceased and family to be doing this in retribution for Irwin's death.

16. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I still think he should have died from a Shark or croc attack instead. What a pissy way to die

17. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That's horrible and absurd.

18. JD

JD Well-Known Member

My wanting a more gruesome death or the stingray massacre?

19. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I was referring to the stingray massacre.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, here's a bit of good news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5347972.stm

Steve Irwin is going to have a tribute event at his zoo, these tickets were availible all over Australia, but only 1000 at each location, and were gone in 15 minutes. My point?

I did a quick search through eBay, and not one has been put up for auction. I hope it stays that way.