Retailers agreeing too many Bees?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Aug 23, 2012.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    The following picture was posted by TFSource on their Facebook page a little while ago stating the obvious. Are there other retailers soon to follow in agreement that hasbro is really going overboard with pushing so many versions of one character over multiple lines/years?

TFSource Quote:
    "I can't say we're totally convinced yet what's the biggest shelfwarming TF of all time, but Ben Yee's photo has us thinking..."

edit: My local stores (30+ mile radius) has looked like this since ROTF, we still have at least 20+ bees from each toyline warming the shelves and never really see any other figures. This hive of figures is becoming depressing for us in the Northeast that see nothing but Bee's.

Attached Files:

2. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, from the title thread, I was like what he's talking about until I clicked the picture, hehe. I agreed, too many Bees!

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Hasbro’s Transformers distribution | OAFE – Blog

I prefer these photos... you can see for yourself that they are, in fact, rows of pretty much nothing but BBs, while someone can claim that the picture you posted is just BB on front.

... also this really isn't news.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't imagine why Hasbro thinks it is a good idea to keep up the bee overflow several waves into the line for several consecutive lines. I mean, with the abundance of retailer wave 1 orders above all others, don't they realize why a child buys Bumblebee, he's probably not going to buy another of the same exact one? I have literally been to at least 6 stores which only have Bumblebee from both Prime and DOTM.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, I think Hasbro has taken the want for BB way too far. I believe it started way back around TFTM where there was big demand for concept BB, so Hasbro ramped up production. Next thing ya know BB was the big character that had to be in every wave with multiple repaints across every line. I just hope they can see that they've oversaturated the character by now and start pulling back BB from future waves and lines.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    They need to make Bumblebee a sought-after character again.

7. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    If the general agreement that this isn't news than I apologize and please move it. However as far as I know this has been quite the concern among collectors for some time, and if actual retailers are finally agreeing as well this may end up being a signal for changing waves going forward with more variety which is good news for all.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Although I do agree the time of the Bee is over, TFsource is a collector's retailer - so of course they are going to say there are far too many Bees.

If WalMart and Target posted a statement stating they won't order cases from Hasbro anymore due to the Bee overload, then it'd be news worthy. This though is just another discussion among collectors to be moved to the toy discussion.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

My brother sent this from Canada. Some TRU in the Toronto area. I don't know which one.

iDD

10. geekacres

geekacres Well-Known Member

Boy and I thought MY local Target was lousy with the Prime Bees. After seeing these pics, I feel better(but still wish there was something else to buy from the line at the moment).

11. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Wow! I thought the 15-20 Bees at the Target near by was bad.

12. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

I want to get the opinions of the staff of local retailers on the bumblebee overflow, I can only wonder what they'd say :lol 

13. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Is that a bee down yonder?....and with a 25% off discount tag, that wall is still not faltering...lol

now I know what to build my defense wall out of...

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    While not as bad as some others, one of the Walmarts near me had a case of yellow fever not that long ago. They have since retock the place and jack up the prices, but many of the Bumblebee figures still remain.

All they had at the time was TFP and DOTM Bumblebee, everything else was pluck off the pegs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

according to hasbro apologists, the retail stores demanded hasbro to include more bees (and optimus) so in that sense the stores get exactly what they deserved.

16. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't they? My local Target hasn't stocked new Prime figures in over 2 months. They have had the same 9 Bumblebees clogging up the two Prime pegs and according to the scanner they have none in the back. Keep in mind there was also a reset during this time.

My Walmart just restocked with Wave 2 figures after their reset. Wave 2! We are supposed to be on Wave 4/5 at this point, and the warehouses are still sending wave 2 cases.

I know "blah blah this is all subjective", but when enough people see this in different parts all over the country it becomes evidence of a larger problem.

Although I will say that I agree that it didn't belong in the news forum.

17. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Me thinks Hasbro is lying, bee has been overstocked for YEARS

18. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    What? But that can't be true - according to Hasbro kids love Bumblebee so they'll sell out and collector's opinions don't matter. Those pictures must be doctored or photo-shopped.

On an unrelated note, I guess KIDS are responsible for the First Edition TF Prime stuff being released in the states eventually, too. Not collectors.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro has their collective heads so far up their collective asses when they underplay the roll of the fans.

3P groups around the world thank Hasbro for it.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My post was mentioning an official statement, not a lack of putting out new figures. Although we see the lack of movement from toys, poor restocking, etc. as a powerful statement, it's not as meaningful as something official from these retailers saying "we don't want Bees." That's what I'm getting at.

Here's what I think: I think Hasbro is right - kids DO love Bumblebee ... just not as much as the TFTM07 and ROTF days. Once DOTM hit and now Prime, Hasbro probably still tried squeezing out that last ounce of the Bee juice. In all reality they gambled and probably missed. If the next series of toys have more than 1 maybe 2 Bumblebees per case, I'll be genuinely shocked.