Customs: Resurrected Resolutions?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just thought since it's just past the first of the year (and also, since we already had a thread about 09 resolutions), I'd venture out to you Radicons to see if any of you have any projects that you resolved to complete and such from former years that you've yet to complete.

With the photo that I've uploaded, some of you will recognize INTERCEPTOR here. Ironically enough, I finished him the very night that TFW2005.com received the news that a Salene [Mustang] would be used for the 2007 movie. After my hard work, by the time I would have finished a gallery and posted him, I'd gotten comments like, "wow, that looks as cool as Barricade! I hope you make Barricade as well!" Anyways, this is the best example I can think of from my own work of something I previously wanted to finish but still is at a stage of incompleteness.

The larger issue is that I changed my "Cybertronian Police" over to "Iacon Police", with INTERCEPTOR being the third bot (the others were STAKEOUT and, my first custom, HOT PURSUIT) needing the change over. I place these guys' update/completeness on backburner for other projects. Another issue is that I'm still not 100% with the label paper I use. I'm really not a huge fan of using water slide labels, as they're way to fragile for my tastes. Also, it'd be tough for me to get reprolabels to make a set of labels for every project of mine (though that would really make me happy). The papers I use are sufficient, but they're not what I'm satisfied with. This being the case, I still seek out better quality materials for my work.

Anyways, that's a little bit of my goings on, what about you? Do you have anything that you've gotten to a certain place, but left it for other things? Post away!

Attached Files:

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha. I was totally thinking of this.

I finished up some "real life" projects that were taking all my free time, so I want to work on some toys. I stayed home from work yesterday and made some progress on 2 of them.

This lady has been sitting in this state since I bought her.
    [​IMG]

Then I got distracted by this guy...
    [​IMG]

Finally...What I hope to finish this year....
    [​IMG]

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Dude, SS7, that is amazing! I'm always glad to see the Mustang mode get some love. The head looks perfect for that custom! Cool job on the paint. Love the little touches like the colored headlights. Sooooo....when can we see some car mode shots?:drool: 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Great job with Interceptor.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I had to back burner my Animated Scorponok! Coudn't get the Scorpion head the way I wanted it to be! It's funny you posted this, I just last night figured out the solution! It was pretty much staring me in the face the whole time, just never paid attention. So Scorps is up and runnin' again hopefully I'll get to slap some paint on this week!

6. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

it seems i am always stuck waiting on parts or waiting until i can go to the hobby shop that is slightly out of my way to get to.

there are two projects i have that went to the recycling bin 1 was movie glyph with candy paint and 2 movie warpath. i gave away my first energon wheeljack to the guy that bought my movie wheeljack.

good news for me is all my projects that i have decided to keep get work done somewhat often just not full commitment ,and i am ok with that. i guess its the journey not the destination i enjoy lmao.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow, that Interceptor looks sweet! I like the look of it better than either of the official versions of the Mustang mold. The Mirage head fits it nicely.

zmog

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    1. Animated Plowking

2. A new heroic leader will be born....and pure Evil will emerge from the ashes.

3. Competition Rock Crawlers look cool.

4. YO JOE!!

5. War

9. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
  11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I just want to finally finish my current WIPs. stupid finances. Anyway *cough* I have a few upcoming things that I had hoped to do last year that life prevented me from doing.

12. Oculophage

Oculophage Likes shiny objects.

Ebay:
    My resolution is to over come my Chromophobia and get to painting.

Lack of confidence is part of it, the other is that it is more fun [for me] to modify than to paint.

That and I need a few heads, and yard sale season is months away.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, first of all thanks for all of the comments on INTERCEPTOR! I really enjoy how he's turned out so far. Essentially, he's just needing the labels. I'm not really making any resolutions to "finish" him, but more of a general "I want to get back in the saddle" sort of thing. I've got a ton of things that have been in the burner for a while, so to speak, as well as things I'm wanting to do as future projects.

Also, it's really interesting to see what you other guys have shelved and the reasons for them (actually, more interesting than the original post :lol ). I only wish you guys the very best this year and with your projects! :thumb