Results of breaking street dates

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzwing256, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    You did good Blitzwing. Cheers. :thumbs2: 

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Wow. I'd have almost listened to you and had an open mind, but any importance your opinion had with me was just thrown out the window when you called his child a "little mutant".

No matter how much shit the father's made of, the child should never be targeted. Your comment was not only uncalled for, but it was cruel.

Be pissed at the employee, but calling his child a mutant should be off limits.

Who do you think you are?

FIX'd. And no point in even making that post. It's just falling on deaf ears anyway.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Agreed... that was uncalled for.

4. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I think a bit of my sense of humour was lost, its a running joke that children are "mutants" at work (loud screaming messym unpleasent etc) wasn't really targeted at the guys child specificly (its a retail thing I guess)

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Um... LOL?

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I worked in retail as a cashier, so I saw people of all types and ages. The children pissed me off, no doubt. They were bratty, and a pain to deal with, but they weren't mutants. The parents are the problem, really.

So, no, it's not a retail thing.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I hate mutants. I think we need to develop Sentinels to hunt and capture them. And by mutants, I mean kids. Yeah, I said it.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Good job for firing him. He broke the rules and paid the price. I also applaud you for sticking to the rules and not putting merchandise out before the street date so as to alleviate the "not for sale" problems as so many others are.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm cheering because this employee earned the consequences for his actions; he didn't "lose" his job, he consciously gave it up. Don't want to get fired in this economy? Don't violate your company's policies (repeatedly, in this case). It's not the responsibility of a business to keep people employed just because the economy is bad. It's the responsibility of an employee to do what they can to keep themselves employed (by being a good/valuable employee)...instead of screwing around and then playing the "b-b-but...but the economy is bad!" sympathy card when they have to face the consequences of their choices.

And, to be completely heartless about this, why should I care about his family not being able to pay their bills? He clearly didn't think enough about them to think "hey, maybe I should fly straight and not do stuff that will cause me to forfeit my job, because I need this to support my family". If he didn't care enough about his family to consider the potential impact of his actions on their welfare, why should anyone else?

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    in the context it was harsh. One thing to call them mutants when it's a bunch of spoiled brats making noise and getting what they want in a toy store. But it’s bit cold when you’re talking about a kid who’s father just got fired.

11. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

Thank you!, thats pretty much my feelings as well, it really boggles my mind that someone would be so stupid (after countless formal and informal warnings) Especialy with a family and all that, if it was some dork living in his parents basement living off goverment funding then maybe I could see it...but risking your livelyhood (and your families livelyhood) over a couple dollars made off scalping some crappy toys? pretty ******ed.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    having a family is no excuse to save your job. No arguement there. No business should tolerate incompetence and dishonesty. Guy got what he deserved from the sounds of it.

It's just that it's a little unseemly to laugh it up at the guy's self-inflicted misfortune when there's a blameless child caught up in the situation.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I feel bad for his kid not only because his/her dad doesn't have a job anymore, but also because they're stuck with a scummy father.

14. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    ditto. Actually that's the main reason they have my sympathy.

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

[​IMG]

Here's hoping that someone who isn't a total prat replaces the pillock.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I feel sorry for what the guy did to his wife ( presumably) and Kid but it was his own fault, and i have no sympathy for scalpers at all

17. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    not to bring the economy into it again, but there's gotta be plenty more deserving candidates out there, who'd actually be grateful for the work. It's a great time to be hiring.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    unless your the guy in personel who has to sort through the multitude of applications and resumes :lol 

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, this really is a bad time to be pissing off your boss. Which only makes the guy a bigger prat than normal.

20. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah target is soooooooooooooooooo smart that's why i went today and bought some ROTF robot heroes and the sale wasn't blocked by the computer system..... yeah really smart.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.