Results of breaking street dates

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzwing256, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You should of just condensed that down to: "You'd all be lost without me."

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think it's the extremes that are the problems (either scalpers or collectors). I met a Marvel Legends scalper (really, collector that'll resell various figures for extra cash would be more accurate than scalper) at TRU once. He picked up an extra Juggernaut figure (one to keep, one to sell) but saw that I was looking at the ML figures after him. He came back over to see if I wanted the extra one before he bought it (I didn't). I thought that was pretty classy, and it wasn't like he waited for the doors to open to get in there and get them before anybody else; it was late afternoon.
    On the other hand, I have encountered the truly cut-throat variety of scalpers before (they were after Hot Wheels and trading cards, which thankfully I don't have any interest in) and there is definitely a line that gets crossed.

3. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

Does the scalper who got fired post here?

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    prison guard, I am bound by the law. but of course she let ous speak our mind, but when the ward managment say do this..we bend over and do it.

simple as that when working for the goverment.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Would he admit it if he did?

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's not like he has an excuse to start a ROTF sale thread. :lol 

8. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    good story I work at target to and I'm glad our employees can actually read and have team leads who actually tell others not to stock shit unlike walmart.

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

And this kind of silliness is one of the reasons I refuse to attend Botcon.

If I'm going to pay exorbitant amounts of money just to get in and basically be allowed to buy toys, I damn well want a pleasant experience, free of all riff raff and trouble.

But then we have people like you offering to pound people's mouths in because they bitched at you on a messageboard, and it kinda kills the awesome of the 'Con itself.

1.) That threat is against board rules.
    2.) That threat is against the law. (It's cyber bullying with the threat of physical violence. Terroristic threats, etc.)
    3.) They will throw you out of the 'Con for causing a violent ruckus.

It's really worth it to you that much to prove you're an internet toughguy online and off? Really?

Perhaps you should take a break, because when the lines blur for you to this extent, you've spent waaaay too much time online.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Yes, because trying to act 'hard' on the internet always works out well.

11. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I generally don't like to argue on the internet (afterall its the internet...)

but I wasn't bragging, I just wanted to share an experience and possibly discuss the ramifications of some of the actions other board members were tossing around. I'll point it out again, I do NOT like firing people (even if they are worthless tools) losing a job is a tough thing (even when you did something stupid), if it was taken as bragging that was not my intention.

12. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You never bragged dude...its just stupid people have selected reading abilities and love to make a drama out of nothing, or just totally miss the slagging point, especially online. You did the right thing, well done.

lol@bluemeanie.

13. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok got a question. Do you all consider that a small town shop like one in my town named Autobo city buying stuff from wal-mart target ect. and marking them up just to make a little profit scalping?? I mean I buy alot from the bigger stores but i buy from him because he is a nice guy and i think there should be small shops like his more around.. Just wondering..

14. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

U guys are right, I crossed the line once again. I am too easily agravated by people on the other side of the monitor. So I appologize to most that I offended, to some of you fatties I do not. Adios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.