Results of breaking street dates

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzwing256, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I have a retail story for you.

in my store (target) we have a stock team that stocks things before the store opens, we have a member of that team that is an ebay scalper, he stocks toys then buys them with his discount and sells them on ebay and brags about it to other team members (usually getting very blank stares) anyways this morning on the truck we finally got our asortment of movie deluxes. The boxes were clearly labeled "DO NOT SELL BEFORE THE 3OTH) i've also communicated to the team that nothing transformers rotf is to be on the floor for any reason before that date (even translated it to the illegals...err non-english dominant parts of the staff)

anyways , going back to our creepy friend who was stocking toys this morning, he decided to open up the "DO NOT SELL BEFORE THE 3OTH boxes of deluxe toys and put them out on the shelf, then about 5 minutes later "went on break" with most of said case of toys to purchase up front.
    I happened to be up front and I overheard him telling the cashier to "override" the sale.....

I walked over and told the team member that he could not purchase those items and to meet me upstairs after his break. (also explaining to the cashier about the street dated items)

long story short, our ebay scalper dishonest creep no longer works for our company, after about 20 minutes of him whining and crying about how he has a family and a child blah blah... how its not fair blah blah..he was let go....

seriously are toys really worth losing your fucking job? I don't like seeing people fired (no matter how creepy) but seriously? WAIT A FUCKING WEEK FOR THEM ASSHOLES. He knew they were street dated, I specificly talked to him about it, and he said ok ,he spoke perfect english so that wasn't an excuse either. stupid is as stupid does. People are greedy (and on another note the toys aren't THAT interesting looking in person...save maybe sideswipe)

anyways thats my rant

2. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    awesome. Pure Ownage. Good job man!

3. HAILTHEFALLEN

HAILTHEFALLEN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wal-mart dumb-asses!!!! Target SMART!!!! ALL HAIL TARGET!!! Great story dude. that was well handeled. CHEERS!!!

4. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 word:- OWND!!!!!!!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Awesome story. Yet another reason to prefer Target over Walshit.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

damn. that is pure awesome!

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

im

Well according to your story, they are important enough to fire an employee over, instead of giving him a write-up, potentially causing death to his offspring from lack of sustenance due to the lack of funds.

Not saying the termination was not right, but you asked how important toys are in context.

8. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

he was on final notice for other (similar) issues

9. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jestermon: As opposed to the OP risking his own arse when the company finds out his store broke the street date and fire him to placate Hasbro? Anyway, his kid isn't just going to drop dead as soon as scalper daddy gets fired. Plus, now a more honest and literate worker can be found.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Good story, glad to hear you taking charge. Though, I'm going to assume this wasn't the dude first infraction if cracking open a case of street dated toys and trying to buy them was enough to get him canned?

11. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

You warned them. They disobeyed. You taught them a lesson. Well done man.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    This story makes me smile inside. Even though a dude lost his job, he brought it upon himself. It's too often that stupid gets a free pass. I enjoy seeing it get punished.

13. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'm still confused about the street dates, is there anything coming out May 15th, like the preview wave or something?

That was a great story in so many ways. You showed a scalper who's boss and you gave another reason why Target is better than Wal-Mart.

I hope you told the other employees that if ROTF toys show up at the checkouts not to say 'the item has been recalled'. Although I haven't experienced that myself, I think that's the worst thing that Wal-Mart is doing, not just telling people the truth about the street date thing. And why not just sell the toy and take the rest off the shelves quickly so you avoid any problems? >_<

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh my God. Dude, you are my fucking HERO!

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Result of street dates...lots of stupid threads about street dates, the people trying to break them, and now people getting fired because of them. Yay Toys! Serious fucking business indeed.

16. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no telling how much of a fine or other penalty would be levied to the store as a result, either.

If the guy in question had to scalp on Ebay in addition to his job at Target, then maybe if he were so concerned about his family's well being then he'd get another job that paid more.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NVM.

18. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

take that, scalper!

19. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fan-fugging tastic! Glad you did the right thing! Scalpers are scum.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Flawless victory. UNEMPLOYMENTALITY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.