Restoring abilities and medicine care. Beware of Spoilers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DepthWave, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    So, how do the ability work and why they work so selectively?
    Don't send me to the Search, it doesn't work for me. Neither can I read several hundreds or thousand of pages.

My main questions, come from other users' replies.

1. When it came for the StarScream's scar, one person "told" me, that "wounds remain scars".
    But we all know, how badly has Megatron beaten him up.

[​IMG]

And soon he is all right.

[​IMG]

Then, why didn't he manage to restore after Arcee's attack?

Speculation: he didn't have enough Energon or medical care to deal with.
    But will his scar dissapear soon? If it hasn't already.

2. Bumblebee's T-Cog. A body organ.

One wrote about the possibility, that Ratchet put his own t- cog in Bee- bot.
    But we saw StarScream shooting at it, and he hit.
    If Bee's t- cog was damaged, how was it restored? Did this part start to restore after putting inside Bee's body, or did Ratchet need to repair it before giving to Bumblebee?

3. Body parts.

Do Decepticons have something in reserve?
    So, why has KnockOut replaced StarScream's arm, but hasn't done the same to BreakDown eye? Beacuse they didn't want or couldn't?
    Actually, I had been thinking, that BD has his eye replaced, but was it a kind of bandage?

Here. When StarScream lost his arm, KnockOut tries to convince him to accept another one, but its weaponry was more complicated. Should there be any problem while transformation, caused by this additional missiles?
    And how does StarScream restore his missles? Grows them up?

Maybe someone else has any questions, which suit this thread?

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

I just accepted that the animator and writers are pretty inconsistent in small details

3. DepthWave

News Credits:
    megapork, I wouldn't call those details "small".
    But, maybe, material matter is off line.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he still had his face scar from Arcee.

5. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    That first pic is going on my desktop.
    Anyway, I think just like when we get wounds, most of them heal. But Maybe Transformers only get scars that make them look more awesome.

6. DepthWave

News Credits:
    I might give you a bigger verison, if you'd like. It's 1280 pixels long and 720 high, originally.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, really? First time around he actualy HAS medical care on his ship for him. Knockout most likely buffed his paint job. After the fight with Arcee? He never had the chance. The only thing he took care of were actual wounds Ratchet took care of instead of wasting time buffing scars.

And yes Ratchet managed to fix the T-Cog, something he was unable to do to the Voicebox either due to being too damage or he simply not being as skilled back in the time.

Breakdown's eye most than likely counts as an organ, but chances are the reasoning behind it are more like "it looked cool".

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mesh wounds will remain until fixed. Starscream has not had complete medical care since leaving the Decepticons, thus his scar is still there but Ratchet fixed his major injuries.

R2-Bee2 had his own t cog repaired. Ratchet was able to fully restore this organ.

The real reason for Breakdowns eye patch is because it was cool. In universe I always assumed that it could be replaced but Breakdown refused as pennance for his failure.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well the way I spin it, they're living machines, so just like animals & people, their bodies will regenerate small wounds that weren't normally there/that weren't part of their dna imprint or whatever. However for more serous stuff, it won't heal all the way, thus we have scars that stay & damage that doesn't.

Or uhh, one of the Pretenders did it.

10. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assume they're similar to humans. Minor injuries once treated quickly at the right time could prevent scarring. But injuries that are left untreated for a period of time may leave scars. Just like humans, there are ointments and medication to help prevent scarring as well as rules to follow: http://www.articlesbase.com/alterna...evention-how-to-prevent-scarring-1263678.html If the wound doesn't get the right amount of care to allow it to heal properly; you can get a scar.

Although there are of course cases that the injury is just too severe.

As for the organs. I asssume Bumblebees t-cog and Breakdown's eye are irreplaceable organs. I doubt Breakdown would do such a thing as impair his vision out of pride. Megatron needs a fully functional soldier, not a disabled one, IMO.

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I think that's part of it, but an eye might be, like a t-cog, too complicated to replace.

Arms, however, might be relatively easy to replace. It all depends on how complex a part is. For example, we can now build functional prosthetic human arms, but we still cant recreate more complex organs like the human eye.

12. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Do you insist, that, at first, the t-cog was fully fixed, and only after that was put into Bumblebee?

Can the organ regenerate, if it is connected to Transformer's body or medical device?

This is what I have been thinking about.
    It is "nice" for Megatron, to punish his soldier, but only, if the soldier turns healthy again.
    But on the other hand, being one-eyed has never seemed to be a problem for BreakDown?

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We don't know. It is a tv show and the question will only be answered if it must. Just go along for the ride.

I would fannon it saying they have internal repair systems like Beast Wars. Ratchet repaired the t cog as best he could and Bees internal systems did what they could.

Regeneration is too strong a word in my eyes.

14. DepthWave

News Credits:
    No mention during so many years? I see.

15. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

In the case of breakdown I think it was a matter of Megatron intervening. I mean be was tough to leave BD to die at the hands of MECH, I doubt he would care about forcing him to live without 2 eyes. Plus BD actually refers to it saying "what I have lost is a constant reminder I must never fail you" (paraphrase). I interpreted it as a punishment.

Or it could simply be an organ similar to the tcog and couldn't be replaced with the resources at hand. For starscream I am not sure, I haven't gotten that far in my rewatching yet.

16. DepthWave

News Credits:
    I have had two more qoestions, but now I remember only one.

When MECH captured BreakDown for the first time, they turned his pain receptors off. The questions about this one are: does this switching break transformer's health and why haven't all of transformers turned it off by themselves? It is easier to fight, if you do not feel any pain.

17. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

That's actually a misconception....Pain tells you when you're in danger, it helps with your responses and reflexes, it helps you survive. Without pain you put yourself in danger and damage yourself without realising it, you would also often trip over your own feet.

Pain is something that is very important if you're fighting.

18. DepthWave

News Credits:
    No, if you don't feel pain, it doesn't mean that you don't feel anything. Just a bit of practice, and it will work.

19. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

It depends, although they explicitly mention pain receptors do we really know if the transformer sense of touch is not tied to the same thing?

Also as for getting used to it, if we assume that Breakdown was millions of years old, it would stand to reason that more than "a bit of practice" would be required to compensate for no tactile responses.

20. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Losing the feeling of Pain isn't a good thing, IMO. You won't know if your tongue is burning from the food you're eating or if you're injuring yourself. You can do things with your body which your body can't recover from.

Here are a few articles:

World without pain is hell, parent says - CNN

Rare disease makes girl unable to feel pain - Health - Children's health - msnbc.com

http://articles.cnn.com/2006-02-03/..._prosthetic-eye-pain-small-bites?_s=PM:HEALTH

http://www.oprah.com/health/Truly-Amazing-Kids/8

The article talks of actual people who have lost the sensation of pain.

Here's one example:

More info here:
    http://voices.yahoo.com/the-facts-congenital-insensitivity-pain-with-478279.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain_with_anhidrosis