Customs: Restoration of Jetfire?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Sunstorm9119, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I was wondering if any of you guys do restoration work. My G1 Jetfire isn't in bad shpe, though there are issues,(if you've seen my recent threads you know what I mean). There was some yellowing, but I fixed most of it. My problem is there are metal parts that have some minor yellowing, and the stickers need replacing. I tried to start on this, but it's beyond my ability to do myself. When I re-assembled him after whitening his head I thought I lost a peice, and was pissed at myself for days. (turns out I just misassembled his head)

Anyway, is there anyone here who does this kinda thing? Or someone who is willing to take on this job?

I really love my Jetfire, and with my feeble skills it's more likely that I'll ruin him than restore him......

HELP!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have restored my own jetfire, he wasnt too yellowed but the metal work on mine is good. im not sure about yellowing on metal parts and making them bright again so be careful if you use any chemicals on it.

as for the stickers this really couldnt be simpler. just google reprolabels. they sell almost all G1 transformer repro stickers and in most cases are a better fit and look than the originals. im not sure if you wanted to keep it all genuine but finding original sticker for this guy will be hard.

anyways with the reprolabels they even have pics up on the site where to stick the stickers for reference! hope this helps

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Requests go in the "Requests" forum, so here we are!

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I know all about reprolabels, my problem is I don't have the skills to perform the necessary disassembly, cleaning/painting, decal removal, and reassembly/ decaling without the very real possibility of something getting lost or wrecked in the process. I was hoping one of the people from Radicons would be willing to take the task on commission or something.....

5. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

This is G1 Jetfire/Skyfire we're talking about, right?

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Yes it is...

7. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure someone could lend you a hand, but if you've already licked the problem of yellowing on the plastic, go ahead & try your hand at spray painting the metal parts.