Restoration: bent Soft PVC gun

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a gun from the pretender "Pincher". It was a good deal so I bought it knowing full well it was bent upwards. I need to know how to straighten this up.

Going under the presumption that this is pvc I want to avoid any high heat.

Also, as an aside, I had this figure as a teen and cannot remember if the gun was white or gray. Regardless will the peroxide solution bring it back to gray if that was the original color or will it bleach it to white?

Thanks for any help!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Some hot water should help it without doing too much damage. Try boiling up a kettle but taking it off before the boil and leaving the part in a mug of the near-boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. I've not tried it on older toys (only modern stuff like warped fins on Botcon Sharkticons) but it seems to work with minimal ill effect.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried this and it didn't work so much but I'm wondering if it's because it needs to be "locked" down to the original form. I was considering a nail board to test this out but wasn't sure if the boiling would actually work. This confirms it for me though, thanks!

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

What is best is to have two containers, one hot and one cold. When you take it from the hot, hold it in the correct position and then dunk it in the cold.