Rest of Animated to be released as Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    As I said before in another thread, if Animated Blackout and Voyager Thundercracker actually hit stateside, my head will explode from amazement.

The Target exclusive Wave 5 Movie scouts aren't coming out. Ever. They got canceled. Just because something has reached the packaging stage, doesn't necessarily mean that they'll come out by the end of the year. Same can be said for the rest of the Animated toys. We were lucky to even get Ironhide and Rodimus. For all we know, those are the last two Animated toys, period.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My earlier statement was wrong, 'cause:
    BBTS is selling 'em too for a heavy price, but that is probably just getting examples from the places the toys did come out. It's not an endorsement that whatever Animated items are left will come out, just that if/when they ever do, it might be outside the US, or at 'dumping ground' markets like Big Lots or Family Dollar.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You do realize that Arcee was first introduced in the cartoon in 2008. Her toy came out 2 years later so even if it really takes that long to make the toy she still existed in the cartoon at least a year before they even started to develop her toy.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Yup. If you compare the season one and season three models, you can see that it's altered quite a bit to match the toy design in season three.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...tedthrill.jpg/200px-Ratchetanimatedthrill.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...remebering.jpg/250px-TFA_Arcee_remebering.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...e.jpg/250px-TFA_Shockwave_accessing_arcee.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../68/Animatedarcee.jpg/125px-Animatedarcee.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ed_Arcee_Toy.jpg/150px-Animated_Arcee_Toy.jpg

There's nothing different about her animation from season 1 to season 3. The shoulders are a dead give away sense the toy has vastly different shoulder pads from the animation model. Just so there's no confusion I'm not talking about the massive back kibble but rather her actual shoulders.

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Nope there are changes, it's shown in the Allspark Almanac Volume 2. :) 

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sorry but thats not correct either.

There were "leaked" pictures of the proto type toy of Ani-Arcee that were released clost to a year before the cartoon even started.

Just as pics of the proto types of BB and Ratchet were leaked.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Oh looky here. The legends clearly has a sculpted windshield. And it has no teal on it, unlike what we saw in the show. And it's nowhere near as elongated. It's not a cybetronian mode, it's an earth mode that has highly limited engineering by virtue of being legends sized.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Arcee's character model (left) was clearly different in season 3 (right). She sprouted wheels and tiny wings on her shoulder kibble, and a vehicle canopy appeared on her butt.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but seriously dude, just stop. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Its not just that he doesnt know what he's talking about.Its that he also has a habit of making things up out of no where to support his arguments.

For example......

Now heres that same episode.
    YouTube - Transformers Animated Episode 30, 31, 32 Transwarped Part 1

The scene he's referring to takes place starting at time frame 0:156.

And heres the exact quote.

"Rodimus: to Elite Guard Command.
    We are under attack.
    Repeat, requesting back up we are under attack "

As you can see and hear for yourself , Rodimus's dialog was not interrupted by the sounds of battle as he claimed.

There were hardly any back ground sounds at all durring that scene.And at no time was Rodimus called a "Prime" nor did the character himself ever attempt to call out his own rank.

So "SP" only has 3 real options here...

1]To admit he made the entire thing up.

2] To admit that he was naive enough to believe someone elses statement and repeat it with out doing the research.

3] To admit he was so fooled by someone elses statement that he imagined hearing it himself.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You mean, what you saw in the show. As I already mentioned, I'm color blind. What parts of Prowl were teal?

There's no left and right there. It's top and bottom.

The wheels can't even been seen from the front nor can the canopy on her butt. The only notable difference is the wings which was not altered to match her toy as the toys wings are clearly much larger. In seems what you view as altering the animation model is nothing more than animation errors.

Regardless of the fact, her toy was still developed as a Cybertronian vehicle. Hell, she's loosely based of the original Arcee who was also a Cybertronian vehicle.

And you do a horrible job of not being rude considering you just implied that I was an idiot with your "have no idea what I'm talking about" comment.

Simple fact, there are 13 Cybertron Mode characters in Animated that have toys. However 1 character was remolded from Bumblebee's Earth mode sence the toy line never made a Cybertron mode Bumblebee and other character was never planed to be used in the cartoon but the animators liked his toy enough to add him into season 3. The rest of the characters such as Arcee, Rodimus, and Shockwave were designed for the cartoon BEFORE they ever made it into the toy line.

Even factoring in how long it takes to make a toy, the cartoon still came first. It takes longer to produce a cartoon than it does to produce a toy.

Toy: Concept art, molding, casting, protype, testing, approval, mass production, packaging, shipping, stalking shelves.

Cartoon: rough draft, 2nd draft, 3rd draft, ect., finished script, approval, concept art, story boarding, approval, animating, casting, recording, editing, finnal approval, airing on TV.

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    No, you really do have no idea what you're talking about.

The DESIGNERS OF THE SHOW talked about how they changed the model to fit in with the toy COMPLETE WITH DIAGRAMS. So no, sorry, you're wrong, and very wrong.

It's not bad to admit it - it's much better than defending a useless argument with no basis, because that makes you look silly.

So, word of advice - if you're going to make a point, research it first. :) 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your wrong again.

The original Arcee was NOT designed as a Cybertronian vehicle.

She, like Blurr,Kup and most of the others were designed as Earth vehicles..........from 20 years into the future..
    Your doing that to your self by making statements that are so completely incorrect.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    There's your problem. You admitted that you were colorblind, but you STILL brought up the "tan vs. gold" issue between Prowl's earth and cybertronian modes.

Unless you're viewing this on a computer with a screen smaller than a handspan, I have no words for you, because this CLEARLY shows up as left and right on my browser.

You REALLY need to see more stills of Arcee from season 3. I assume you don't have Arcee's toy (Not blaming you, I know she can be a bitch to come by)? Those tiny nubs are on the toy; that's how the normal wings attach to Arcee in vehicle mode.

You've got the production process more or less right, but you forget that for the most part, with few exceptions, the toys and character models were developed simultaneously so that they matched as well as they did.

5 Cybertron mode toys: Deluxe Prime, Deluxe Megatron, Voyager Megatron, Arcee, Shockwave. Everything else is either the earth mode they used in the show, or an earth mode reimaging of their character (example: Blackout's vehicle mode in the show doesn't have that much in common with the toy)

And I have no idea what you're trying to say about Bumblebee...

Fine, I may give you that one, but the fact is you still maintain that you're right despite all evidence to the contrary and nobody else seems to support your side.

14. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    It would be very smart, but I doubt it.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No I didn't. I was talking about the difference in the PATTERN of the gold parts meaning how Prowl's Earth mode has much more solid gold parts while the Cybertron mode has rather thin gold lines panted on. A pattern is not a color.

I'm on a lap top and the size of the screen is irrelevant. Depending on how your monitor is set up you can have some things appear bigger or smaller on the same size screen.

By default my computers tend to want to make everything larger, I guess for people with vision problems but I change my settings to make things as small as possible and still be able to read. You most likly have your settings shrunk down even more than I do in order to view them side by side.

I just thought you should know that not everyone is going to see that as left and right.

I didn't forget. I kinda figured you did. Note I listed concept art as the first step for both.

You realize that you just agreed about Arcee and Shockwave but appear to still be arguing with me right?

The whole thing that started this argument was the comment that "Every single toy that was meant to be a Cybertron Mode is labeled that way." Then I pointed out Arcee and Shockwave who everyone has been claiming are Earth vehicles ever sense.

I was talking about Cliffjumper. He never went to Earth in the cartoon but he's based off Bumblebee's mold who never got a Cybertron Mode toy. Thus, in the toy line Cliffjumper is a repaint of Bumblebee's Earth mode with a new head.

Evidence? I'm the one supplying all the evidence. Someone said Arcee's character model was changed to match her toy. I pointed out how her arms don't ever match her toy design. The so called "changes" you guys pointed out were all rather small and there are screen caps from season 3 that I posted where Arcee still doesn't have any wings. So as far as I can tell the so called "significant changes" are just rather small animation errors.

You claim that the Legends figures that are in the Generations line are actually in the Hunt for the Decepticons line yet your own web site's news sections says the exact oppisite.

You say that Generations is a Deluxe Only toy line yet Generations is part of the Universe Toy line which has everything from legends to Voyager sized figures in it.

Most recently you say the animators said their changed Arcee's art in the cartoon.

The only evidence that's actually been posted by anyone other than myself is a single picture of Arcee and that was only after I posted multiple other pictures of her from Season 3 without the mentioned changes to her design.

And as for no one supporting me. Despite the fact that you're trying to argue with me, you actually did support me by admitting that Arcee and Shockwave are Cybertron modes.

16. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

Thats what I always thought.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    Wow. For bringing this up in the first place, you really seem to be missing the point. NOBODY's arguing that we didn't get cybertron mode toys apart from Prime and Megatron. We're just telling you that because Prowl got an earth mode in the cartoon and toyline, any toy of his cybertronian mode would be called "Cybertron Mode Prowl" or something similar. The packaging didn't say that, therefore that legends toy is Prowl's earth mode.

Seriously, watch the cartoon instead of looking at the screenshots on the wiki. The only shots on that page that show her full body unobscured are from season 3. Her animation model is in fact different in season 3 than in seasons 1 and 2. The shoulder nubs, the wheels, shoot I don't even remember seeing the cockpit in seasons 1&2. The changes are shown way too consistently to be "animation errors". And for the last time, those "tiny wings" (technically nubs) are on Arcee's toy. That's how her main wings connect to the toy. It's NOT an error.

They ARE HFTD. Hasbro has said repeatedly (Toyfare, BotCon, ComicCon, the fansite Q&As) that Generations is deluxe only. Anything else that fits that aesthetic/design idea is shuffled into the HFTD line. Pretty much everybody is repurposing the legends, scout Windcharger, and voyager Grapple/Seaspray/Lugnut into Generations, but they are technically HFTD line figures.

It's one thing to not keep up with the news, but this continuous denial and sticking your head in the sand is another thing totally.

18. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Well-Known Member

Modern car designers need to get on that shit, 's all I'm sayin'.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I want that floating skate board Danny had.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That was basically the start of it. When I pointed others that were Cybertron Modes and not labled as such he claimed they were all Earth Vehicles because they don't say Cybertron mode on the packaging.

I've seen the cartoon, but you still havn't answered me about if she was changed to match her toy then how come the so called changes are so small and insignificant? Her toy has completely different upper arms and lower legs than any of the animation models. The toy is allot bulkier than her animation models yet the season 3 animation model is still just as slim as the season 1 animation model.

If that's true then show me the proof because everything I seen online says they're Generations. And I seen some of them at Wal Mart recently, their packages are labeled differently. HFTD is a movie only toy line, anything that doesn't fit in with the movie styal toys is part of Generations.

Dude, I posted the link to the news article, it said GENERATIONS. Nothing in the news said anything about them being part of hunt for the decepticons. I've already said this at least 3 different times before and still no one has link me to anything that says I'm wrong. You just keep pointing me back to the news which says that you are wrong. Do you see the huge @$$ logo that says GENERATIONS? Yes. Do you see anything that says HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS? No. They are GENERATIONS!

Just stop, unless you're going to post some actual evidence please just stop replying to me.