Rest of Animated to be released as Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    As many people know there are a LOT of Animated figures waiting to see the light of retail stores. Wingblade Prime, Blackout, Vortex Blurr, Hydrodrive Bumblebee to name a few. But Animated ended a year ago and some people might not recognise Animated, small kids and parents. It's not like the Live Action movie which everyone knows.

Since the new Generations line re-creates old(ish) characters in new 'technology' maybe they could add some Animated to the line. Sure all of them won't fit in, otherwise it would be cramped of Animated and no room for other toys. I know people may not like Animated, but there is quite a large fanbase out there and plenty of people are sad to see it go.

Post what you think and your ideas below!

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem is that Generations is currently a Deluxe only line, so unless they make voyagers anytime soon it wouldn't seem doable.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Well they're making a Generations Grapple, which is a voyager size? Or is it part of HFTD?

4. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grapple will assumably be released in the HFTD line.

As for releasing Animated deluxes in Generations, I'm all for it. Doubt it'll happen though.....

5. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    Grapple is HFTD.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I guess Hasbro has a reason for not making voyagers in Generations, after the horror voyagers from Universe...

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    More than likely, with Powercore getting a $20 slot with their 5 packs and the core line also doing $20 figures, retailers might have simply felt that Transformers only needs 2 slots for $20 product.

8. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not all of them were bad. The Inferno was well worth it, as was the correctly colored Leo Prime, and even the Vector Prime was cool.

9. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only horror voyagers I recall from Universe were from the flood of Cybertron repaints, which also infected the deluxe line and the movie line. I do wonder if Grapple will have a Classics bio, basically making him HFTD in "box only".

+-MWG-+

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They might throw in a few new Animated molds (like Wheeljack or Hot Shot) into Generations or whatever the line will be called in the future, maybe after they run out of G1 characters to redo, but as for stuff like Vortex Blurr...let's just say that that kind of product is already manufactured, packaged, and sitting in warehouse somewhere, and just packing them into new packaging wouldn't exactly be a 100% feasible prospect.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The only "new" mold in Universe 2.0 was Inferno, and he rocks. Everything else was just Cybertron repaints (along with the repainted Classics Jetfire as Treadbolt, worth the $20 if you didn't have Jetfire before).

But getting back on track, the only Animated Deluxes that never came out were just repaints (which Hasbro will probably leave unreleased). In terms of the Voyagers; Thundercracker, Mud-something Bulkhead, Wingblade Prime, and Blackout, I would honestly be VERY surprised if they actually made it to shelves by this point.

12. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Didn't Hasbro say something about being interested in going all the way to Ultra-class in the future? Or am I mistaken?

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    If they have them all made and packaged I don't understand why they cant toss them on the hasbro toy shop and maybe other online vendors like bbts.

I really want that hydrodive bee, blackout, and wingblade prime and don't want to have to import them.

14. nodonnell1986

nodonnell1986 Well-Known Member

Which makes no sense IMO. Grapple is a retool of the universe 2.0 inferno...so one would think grapple should be in generations.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe, MAYBE some new-chaartcer Animated figures could get made in generations way down the pipe, but they'd only be deluxes and none of the already produced figures would be able to be released in Generations.

However, Hasbro is a big name company, and the exclusives continue to sell. The figures are produced. They will be released. it could just take a while.

16. Steevy Maximus

News Credits:
    But Generations does not have any price point above deluxe, and retailers don't like being shipped two different lines in the same box.

By Hasbro's own account, Seaspray was designed as a Classics figure in mind, but retailers wouldn't take a Generations Voyager assortment so he (and Grapple and probably a few others) got bumped to the "main line".

17. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

how do you know this? that sounds like bs to me. If they had those sitting in a warehouse somewhere it would be costing them a shit ton of money to store them, especially all this time.
    The only even remotely possible scenario I can think of that would support such an idea is that the series would be relaunched at some point in the near future or would somehow become relevant again to the mass public (/me crosses fingers )

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Allspark Almanac 2 specifically states that the figures have gone through the entire production process. That includes the packaging stage.

And storing them costs much, much, much less money than removing each and every one of them from their individual packaging, making brand new packaging (including inner and outer bubbles/trays) and then physically repacking every single sample.

And the thing is, repacking for Generations isn't a sure-fire way they'll sell anymore than leaving them in their Animated boxes. People aren't stupid, Animated figures still look like Animated figures.

19. Steevy Maximus

News Credits:
    Wave 14 of the GI Joe 25th line got all the way to the packaging stage, but they've never shown up outside of a few Chinese eBay sellers.

Just because a toy completed all its development doesn't mean it got a full production (or even enough were produced to warrant shipping and storing). At this point, if Hasbro did have any of those unreleased Animated toys sitting in a warehouse, they would have done SOMETHING with them by this point, even if all that entailed was shipping them out to Big Lots or something.

The fact we haven't seen them in over a year says to me that Hasbro cut off production before any appreciable amount of the toys was ever produced.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    From Allspark's QnA with Hasbro a few months back-
    1) Can you share any information about the future of the Transformers: Generations line? Just what exactly is it set to include? Could things like the unreleased Animated figures such as Blackout, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive Bumblebee, Wasp or Vortex Blurr be included? What about U.S. versions of Henkei Thundercracker, and Dirge (Since we have already heard of a Red Alert)?

(Hasbro)
    The Transformers Generation line is meant to be an all encompassing line that spans all "generations" of Transformers. Therefore the reason for inclusion of War for Cybetron figures with others like Darkmount, or Red Alert. The easy answer is yes, in due time, Generations could encompass the Animated figures that you have listed, however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

In English, eventually.