Response from Hasbro about Release Date of Wave 9 ROTF Deluxe Figures!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OmarJT82, Nov 12, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On Monday the 9th, I sent this e-mail to Hasbro's Consumer Affairs Team:

Today, I received this response from a Representative in Hasbro's Consumer Affairs Team:
    The way I see it, if it comes from the Horses' Mouth itself it's got to be true.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    knew it, it doesn't make sense that there would be a particular release date for any wave besides the first wave of a line

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Do you have any idea how often Hasbro's customer support stated a release date and then the toys came out months earlier?

4. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Too bad I know a H's rep doing distribution at stores can't tell /can't find out whether the MP Skywarp came out.. I guess he might just ignore my request so I wouldn't want to bother him again... (no matter how nice guy he looks like in person..) maybe I need to bribe him ..hehhe... j/k.

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    My experiences with emailing Hasbro have taught me that if they simply don't know, they will tell you that. I emailed earlier this month asking if there were further RotF products to be released this year, they told me that the next set of toys is scheduled for January. If Spring 2010 is the answer they have, then it's probably correct; they have no reason to lie to you -- they want you to buy the toys! It also corresponds with Red Leader of Kapow Toys information and the fact that no one seems to have found any of the figures that had that release date.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Too bad there's been a sighting of this wave in some Walmart's back room.

7. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Well, the only thing we can hope for is they release this wave for Black Friday.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not so sure about this, Peaugh said in the original thread he cracked a case & found thevDirge, Armorhide & Tuner Mudflap wave, & while he didn't produce any pics he's a trustworthy guy with no reason to lie about this that I see. Plus, the answer you got sounds a bit like corporate BS to me

9. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I think this is one the reasons they said
    "All shipping dates are subject to change.":wink: :thumb 

10. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Just because it's in the stock room doesn't mean you'll see it on the shop floor any time soon. Working in a bookstore, we have be known to have large stocks of titles well before their actual release date.

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    But Hasbro rarely have specific release dates except for the first batch of movie toys or the occasional store exclusive.

Usually toys are shipped to stores when they're ready to, and stores put them on shelves as soon as they have the space. There's no "street date" for most of Hasbro's toys, especially not for later mass retail waves.

12. Shockscream

News Credits:
    With that in mind, I've seen this wave called Wave 9 and Wave 1 of 2010. If it's Wave 1, then surely a street date exists and we won't see it until then.

However, I am of the opinion that this is an error of some kind. Possibly a mislabled box or a a case shipped my mistake.

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I think the explanation I've heard is that those dates referred to by Hasbro aren't "release" dates, but "saturation" waves. I. e. a toy with a saturation date of January 2010 should be theoretically available at most stores countrywide by January.

14. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    It's just a way of Hasbro labeling an assortment. Wave 1 of a certain year, typically comes out late the year before. Case in point, both the 2009 Wave 1 Universe Legends and Deluxes came out in December of 2008.

Universe Deluxe Wave 4 (2009 Wave 1) Out in the United States - Transformers News
    New Universe Legends Wave Four (2009 Wave 1) Found in the U.S. - Transformers News