resolution problems in armada/energon trade paperbacks (TPB) by IDW

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AngusDF, Sep 12, 2009.

1. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just bought the armada/energon trade paperbacks (TPB) by IDW, which include the comics originally published by Dreamwave.

In my books, I noticed that some of the pages have normal resolution, while some of the pages seem to show very low resolution. It seems like IDW didn't have the digital files for some of the issues, so they simply scanned the old comics.

For example, in Armada Vol. 1, issues #0 and #1 show great resolution, while issues #2, #4 and #5 show visibly lower resolution. The first half of issue #3 looks bad, while its second half (starting at the page where Rad falls into the cave) looks great. The mini-comic at the end also shows VERY poor resolution.

Armada Vol. 2 seems to show low resolution throughout.

Armada Vol. 3 is mostly low res, with a few hi-res issues (#14, #15 and #17). Issues #14 and #15 are mostly hi-res throughout, but have some low resolution pages too.

Energon Vol.1 shows low resolution throughout.

Did anyone notice the same thing? Or did I buy a bad print of these books?

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It could be. Pat Lee ran off to China to avoid creditors, and the company folded, so the files may not exist anymore. I'm still annoyed we will never see the sunstorm/ Jetfire or Insecticon arcs TPBed. I was really getting into that storyline too, it was more interesting than many of the IDW arcs and seemed to be filling in the gaps between season 2 and 3 in it's own way. They were just about to explain the female autobots and the quintesons. Which I'm sure would have been handled better than IDW's excuse for Arcee.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty sure the original files are long gone, including the original pencils. I think there was the implication that they were stolen by Dreamwave staffers in Canada.