Resistance: Retribution

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Daggersrage, you have a PSP. You like FPS. Get this now! This is a Badass little game, and I think I like this main character more than Nathan. The connectivity kicks ass. Playing it on my TV with the PS3 controller, and if you can infect your PSP with the Chimera virus and play a second story where the main character has Chimera abilities. The controls are slick, and they made the cover system very easy to use. The graphics are great for PSP.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    How's the campaign length though? My only gripe about most PSP games that have a "story" is that they run short a lot of the time.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dunno yet, haven't beat it, but we're going to play online this weekend 2-8 infrastructure with voice chat. If it's anything like Syphon Filter was online, it should be really fun.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Gawd, I feel silly to the 5th power for overlooking this thread.

I'll be totally getting this. I've got's me a small problem though. My PSP analogue stick is messed up. I know a place that can repair it but what sucks is that they're backed up on their repair orders so it'll be about 2 weeks or longer before they can fix my PSP. I'll probably buy the game and mooch my brother in law's PSP, BWHAHAHAHA, exploiting family!

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah or if your brother has Resistance 2, you can infect the PSP and play the game with the PS3 controller.

I dunno how you like the play your PSP FPSs, but I like assigning the walking to the buttons, instead of the stick.. I know it's backwards, but on a PC, you use buttons to walk and the mouse to look, so on the PSP, I don't really ever miss a second analog, because the face buttons act as walking and strafing and the analog stick gives you analog looking. The game helps you anyway with a lock on, but it helps to have a smoother look... Also, the lock assist goes away when you use the PS3 controller.. They don't want to make it that easy :) 

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Nice spelling error in the thread title.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooops, hehe, can you correct me?

And that's because I double-checked it too.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I fixed it before you asked :3 <3

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, you are the Twist.. 3: <---- boobs.

10. DaggersRage

I have the 1st Syphon Filter for the PSP and I would set the controls so the buttons are walking and the analogue stick is for aiming. It takes me a while to get use to it and I still havent perfected it, I cant seem to aim well with my left hand. Its like the "south paw" control scheme for most games.

11. DaggersRage

Well, you hit the nail on the head for this one W.Charge. I's bought me a copy of it and am having a blast with it. I'm about to try the online mode but the PSP is updating.