Resistance 2 Discussion (Review inside).

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried playing the beta last night with my brother and we kept getting disconnected from the server. They are already aware of this problem but what little we did play was a blast. I can see how two people playing the in the same online game can have an advantage. Even without communicating just looking at the other players screen to get an idea of what going on else where. I am putting this game above Fallout & MGS 4 on the christmas list.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely want to pick this up next week but don't know if finances will allow, hehe. It's my favorite of this gen's shooters because of the theme and setting, but also I have a love for Insomniac's crap since the days of Disruptor.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Got an email saying the Online Beta ends Oct 30th at midnight. Just a heads up. I got distracted by SackBoy but should jump on again as I may not get the game right away.

I enjoyed the first one, even the story so I look forward most to the single player and on co-op stuff. The improved graphics look nice too.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I got this on release day but just played it last night. It looks pretty neat, I dont know if I like Hale talking in this one. There were some glitches such as a wall disappearing as I turned or weapons floating in the air. I like how the Chimera moves so much more fluidly than part 1. Also love the huge battles goin on in the background.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree, though I do like Hale talking. It's like he's becoming a leader, and not a onle-liner leader like Chief. He seems to know what he's doing. The Spitters are little bitches in this game. They run FAST! Haven't really seen any glitches, but while the graphics don't sport Normal mapping from hell like Gears, the game hardly, if ever, takes a frame-rate hit. And I'd rather it move smooth, especially when you have chimeras pouring out like water. I love those scenes where it's all out war. The animations are simply bad ass, especially if you are used to generic turn animations of most FPS, these guys lean into their turns and skid to a stop, and I'd said it before. The more realistic graphics begin to look, the dumber the game looks if the Animation doesn't match it. Killzone and Resistance addressed this.

6. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is up with the two player co-op not working online. My brother bought a copy last night and brought it over so we could play. It was pointed out to them in the beta and they still have not fixed it. Unacceptable! What's the point if you not going to fix what was broken before it came out.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Madness! Hey Trail, I do want to hook up and play some coop with you, though.

8. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I'm up for some co op SILENTDARTH10

9. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I catch you online with R2 in I'll hit you up. Trying to finish up Burnout Paradise first almost to 100% for a second time. Plus I want to get the Platium trophy for uncharted so I will be finihing that up as well.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Darth, I think you're on mine. If not, it's Sindred

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

You guys going to be cooping (heh) late tonight? I get off work at 10PM EST tonight, I'll be stopping by a friend's place to crash who also has Resistance 2, any chance if I can join in on this at around that time?

12. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Are we the only Resistance addicts? I love this game. When I first got into the beta I wasn't quite feeling it, but once I changed the controls around and they tweeked a few of the early bugs (before the public beta testing began) this game has been nothing but gravy. You don't know what you're missing people.

PSN id - hairless_ape

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no no no, I'm in too and I love Resistance, and Insomniac, for that matter. Going through the single player story (Swarms can suck my balls), but if I see you guys on, count me in.

The animation in this game kicks ass. non of that shitty sliding around crap when people run. Makes it more cinematic.

Sindred - Tag

14. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well let me know when they fix the 2 player online co-op and I will pick up a copy. Until then it can warm the shelves and I will get some LBP gaming in.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I got this too, and it's a great FPS...but it's still an FPS when it gets down to it. Maybe it's just because I've only done single player story mode so far (or cause I've never been a big FPSer) but I really haven't been "Wowed" by it yet. I really like the game and all, but between it, LBP and my long time, and still current MMO of choice(re: addiction), there's just not a lot of time for me to get into it :lol 

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no worries, Zie. LBP has been sucking people out of games they never thought they would be sucked out of. I really didn't expect for Fallout to be on the shelf this long.

17. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just picked this up today, great game so far. I'm glad to see they got rid of the "floaty" feeling the controls had in Resistance: FoM. I tried with that game, but the controls just didn't feel comfortable for me. The feel of this particular game though, I can live with.

Anyone ever catch me online (even if I'm playing another game) just shoot me a message and maybe we can do some multiplayer.

Oh, one more thing, did anyone else get a "War of the Worlds" vibe when you see the Behemoth at the beginning of the game?

18. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

ok i never see you guys playing R2 if i do i'll send a note. the co-op with a good team is insane. I prefer being a medic i really love this game.

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

disruptor was awesome!

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just moved (to a new apartment), so I am internetless for a few days, that's why I haven't graced you guys with my presence.