resident evil wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eyeballkid, Jun 20, 2007.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I want this...i think, i played the gc version, and i hope to like the controls with the wii remote. opinions?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Ign has a review if it means anything to you. They said some of the wiggle controls felt natural and others felt forced they gave it a 90

3. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I'm picking it up today. JOY! :D 

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Played it on my PS2 and loved it.

I had planned on getting it this week, but my wife <3! surrisingly got me Zelda for Father's Day and Transformers comes out next week so I will have to wait to get this.
    (Zelda is awesome!)

I look forward to reading the feedback from those that bought it.

5. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Having never played any of the REs, let alone 4. Having a Wii that hasn't been touched in forever. And being on a huge zombie kick lately. I believe I should probably try to get this game. Alas I must save the cashage for next week's conventionabobbathingajighoedown. Perhaps afterwards.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    As Leon says early in the game, "He's not a zombie..."

You should still play the game though. :) 
    And you could still track down Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero for the GC -they will play on the Wii and are chock full of zombies. (The old control scheme sux0rs though.)

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I just need to go get my copy some time today. Played about 1/4th the way through the GC version before trading the game only in and keeping the Gamestop CE tin and extras. I went to go get it again when it dropped to $20 but ended up with the PS2 CE which I actually completley played through. I just hope I can be motivated to play through the Wii version as I've just been to lazy to invest any time in games latley.

8. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I never did finish the GC version so I'm getting this.

9. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I've been the same way lately. I've been putting off Ocarina of Time (virtual console) for at least a month.

10. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Its funny, I just picked up and beat RE4 on PC a few weeks ago. Its the first RE game I've played and it was worth it.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

They also said that it is the best of the 3 versions and that they dropped the score because let's face it, it is just a port of a 2 year old game with new controls. It doesn't quite push the Wii as it did the GC. Back then if someone asked you what are must owns for the GC, you'd say "Resident Evil 4!"

But since I always heard how amazing this game was, and not having played the GC version, I'll pick it up for the Wii. Went all around the mall yesterday though and none of the stores had it in stock.

12. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    This is out? Sweet! Might have to pick up a copy at work.

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Should be in most stores today. Unless games have a hard street date (most Nintendo games, Halo 3, Madden etc) then they're availability dated. This date used to be listed as Thursdays in the ads but most stores have become more and more competative for new release sales that they're generally shipped next day to stores and advertised as available by X time on X day (usually Wednesdays).

Games ship on Tuesdays and go directly to the store via UPS or Fed Ex and usually arrive between noon and 2pm Wednesday or Thursday, Target had the policy of listing the games for Thursday (and a bad habit of treating everything as a street date, not an availability date) just in case the product takes longer to ship than expected. Most restock is shipped to the retailers DC though.

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hardly had time to play games when it came out- but I played through this one, and then, played through it again immediately. I don't think it would be worth it if you already tackled the GC or PS2 versions to death, but it is a game that should be played by any self respecting gamer.

15. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Woah, I didn't realize its only 30 bucks. I picked it up today. Even for a port, thats friggen cheap. Most of the early Wii games were ports and still cost 50 bucks.

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

but this was a greatest hits game on the GC....so maybe that's why.

and i plan on picking this up too...even though i have the GC version...seeing i have RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, PS2, and GC (but i got the PS2 and GC version for $10 used)

17. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Im gonna take my chances with this one, I was never good at any RE this may change things. YAY

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

The last Resident Evil game I played was Zero, I forgot how much I love this franchise. The controls are so damn intuitive too.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I assume you are talking about the controls RE4 on the Wii.
    The controls are RE Zero are counterintuitive IMO -its still a great game though.

20. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I hope the controls on wii are intuitive, because damn I couldnt do shit in any resident evil because of that, I didnt understand the controls AT ALL