Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chrono Grimlock, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Anyone else pick this up? I actually grabbed it over Mario Galaxy tonight. *ducks*

So far I've played through the RE:0 Scenario and it was incredibly fun! This game is obviously aimed at the long time RE fans. There's multiple routes through familiar territory with new 'files' that unlock more story details. If you're new to the series though it's a companion to RE4 because it fills in Umbrella's role in the previosu game entries.

Game play is surprisingly fun as well. You're on rails with limited mobility, which adds to the intensity of the game because you get surrounded pretty easily. Boss fights are tough, lots button mashing, reflex testing and ammo consuming.

My only complaints are the lack of RE2 and RE Code Veronica content and the occasional touchy aiming. Weak point on most enemies are hard to hit, but you'll easily head shot most zombies.

blah blah blah

Just curious if anyone else is playing it? If not, and you got a Wii; play it... after Mario Galaxy, of course.

2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Gits yer stones ready boys......

I'm probably going to wait until the Wii Zapper is released. That one comes with Link's Crossbow Training and the housing for $20.

3. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I hear it plays better without the zapper and I'd be inclined to agree. But that's usually because I hang my hand off the side of the bed while I lay down and play. ha

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's on the annual Christmas list. Got too much other stuff to pick up to warrant the purchase of a new video game right now...but it does look like a lot of fun. Makes me wanna bring out House of the Dead 2 for the DC again!

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Its not out until the end of the month here and i'll be shelving it until the Zapper comes out the week after, playing a gun game with something that isn't actually shaped like a gun doesen't sound good for the aim or wrist.

I'm not to bothered about the lack of Leon and Claire in the game, the plot-relavant bits of RE2 barely involve them anyway and it should be covered by the Hunk and Ada scenarios. There isn't anything in Code Veronica that needs to be shown considering that UC picks up on Super Wesker strait after RE1 and that the Ashford's research is pretty much a sideshow to what was going on in the Racoon area.

Sega just announced a Wii HOTD 2 and 3 compilation for early next year, i'd wait for that since it'll let you play it on a modern TV rather then some low rent or antique 4:3 CRT that the DC gun will actually work with.

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Like everyone else, I'll be waiting for the Zapper. Hopefully they'll release a bundle pack of the two.

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Isn't the Zapper out already? I could have sworn I saw one at Gamestop, hell I even checked out the packaging and contemplated buying it.

I won't be buying this until it's at the least 20 bucks, I can't justify 50 dollars for what amounts to a home arcade game.

8. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I finished the main story, took aboot 5 hours, but there's still 13 chapters left and a ton of secret stuff.

Also, I'm thinking swapping weapons and moving with the Zapper is going to be a lot more irritating. Reaching your thumb up to swap weapons with the directional pad is more frustrating than using the 'C' Button on the nun chuck. Same with moving, I can't picture the swift movements when you're fighting the Nemesis made with the clunky two hand gun. Ah well, hopefully I'm wrong.

9. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's why I plan to buy one of the third party gun controllers thats more shaped like a pistol in addition to the Zapper.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Speaking of Wii Zapper, IGN did an advanced review for it and gave it a 6.5 out of 10.

Guess they just don't like tommy guns?

11. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's great news as I haven't heard that yet. I don't mind still using my MadCatz Dream Blaster as my DC is still hooked up to my older model rear projection TV. The idea of blasting zombies in HD is very appealing though!!

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Guess not...but for 19.99, can you go wrong? I think I'll just pick up the game.

13. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Who's getting the Wii Zapper today?

14. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I'll get it when I get ghost squad for RE I think I'll stick to the wiimote without plastic casing.

15. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Finished it all. It's a good game, a few cool insights to characters from the previous games. I'm let down by the complete absence of CV and RE2. I love redoing earlier levels with the supped up firepower from later in the game.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Some of the stuff i've been reading about this is starting to put me off a bit - the weapon switching, dodgey hit zones and that the RE3 bits are more like the Oubreak scenarios then RE3 itself.

Another minor thing thats annoyed me in the trailers is that they've changed the VAs again, which is a shame since they finally got Jill sounding like a tough bitch in remake rather then the dozy sounding master of the obvious that she was in original and Nemesis.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Now, I gotta say I love the game! I played it though RE:Zero, RE, and RE3...It is a great game because of the, Time Crisis like style and it's own independant RE ways. Plus the Graphic enhancements and the way they integrated the games.

My only complaint, which I am sure everyone can agree...why no Resident Evil 2!?! I mean I would pay twice as much for the normal game price to have a RE:2 version like when they remade Resident Evil for the GameCube. Graphic Enhancements, they don't need to necessarily change the way to like RE:4 but hell, it would be a great way. I would love to see RE:2 come out as a remake enhanced.

18. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Game rocks, anyone elese playing it?

19. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Just beat it. It's kind of obnoxious that you have to A rank against Nemesis to unlock the true last level though. Though on the upside it resulted in me getting really good with landing critical hits.

20. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I just rented this. So far its pretty fun. I am using the Wii Zapper to play through it.