Resident Evil: The YouTube Profile Lurker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, May 12, 2008.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah, this there isn't a video on here, but lately, ever since I've been spammed a bunch of a "What song is this?" comments by a bunch of people who fail to read descriptions on the side of the video (all of them have been blocked, but I'm not sure if this means they can't rate either),

I've noticed there's a someone that prowls my profile and gives low ratings to all my videos (especially the ones that don't have ratings on them. He/She just goes crazy on those) - ranging from 1 to 3 stars. And he/she does it quite frequently, so I know its not just the general public.

The ironic part of this is that YouTube doesn't let you know who rated them, the "Recent Ratings" practice of theirs is used quite infrequently and thus I watching half of the ratings on my videos go down because somebody is suffering from a major case of envy. (I'm not being Conceited when I say this.)

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's me hahahahahahaha! Not realy but the whole thing seems petty. They realy should find something else to do with thier time.

3. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    Try not to let it get ya. Another site i visit has a picture of the day section which some moron always votes 1 out of 10.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe your videos just suck?

j/k j/k j/k.

Don't worry about ratings. I NEVER DO!

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

must be the troll king

Sometimes bad reviews can be funny. There's always the trick of giving yourself a brutal review, so the following reviewiers will be like aww, it's not that bad, and then that grows into a bunch of defensive positive ones which will make you a star

6. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Its not the ratings that bother me (that much), it was always my line of thinking that no one bothers to click on video with a bad rating. But considering the views I got, I shouldn't worry.

Anywho, thanks.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

oh i have LOADS of people who spam negative comments and ratings on my videos all the time, especially anything making fun of professional wrestling, and ESPECIALLY anything making fun of chris benoit. chris benoit fans are really touchy.

8. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I think I'm the only one who watches low-rated videos just for the lulz.

But, some people just have too much time on their hands concerning Youtube. You should be honored that they're spending the time to give your videos low ratings. :lol 

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't rate videos, but i will chime in if the video bores me and the comments i am reading are sucking my soul dry. listen to your mom: if you don't have something nice to say....
    that's what i do.
    and look, you have shown us ya got some talent- don't let Naruto drooling buffoons get you down. peace.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Happens everywhere. It's just a bunch of trolls that want to down-rate other people's videos so there's can go higher (or not seem as bad).

11. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Oy, why is this tagged with "tinfoil hat"? :sly: 

Yesterday some chick (ClaraDarko) blew up in my face when I pretty much left a non-offensive and rather positive comment, but just happened to use the words.... "chick-flick" when describing four romantic movies she used in her montage --- (and mainly because I said I had only watched 2 of them). Then she went out of her way to Unsubscribe me (or someone did, Because I didn't) and send me a very long, insulting letter about how "sexist" [I'm worse than men, apparently] and "arrogant" I and my comments were because I was a girl and I was proud of being one (she also went out of her way to say that she wasn't proud of being a female, but would live with it because God mader her that way or something :rolleyes: ),

how I have no taste in movies because I like "a pile of garbage", via TRANSFORMERS, how my videos are all the same and unoriginal (and my editing is bad as well). And that I should also stop entitling my videos the opposite of the songs used (particullarly that TF video using "Molossus" from Batman Begins), because "making videos are not like telling stories, and its just stupid".

This honestly didn't offend me; I found myself laughing at my computer screen and raising my eyebrows in disbelief at the fact that she got pissy because I called those movies "chick flicks". Its no major loss on my side, but I blocked her anyaway. I half expected her to jump on me for not liking Frank Santana's "Young at Heart", not calling romantic movies "Chick-flicks".

Then I get on the computer around 11:09am today, and discover one of my trailer montages got removed today (or yesterday), in my absence. Apparently Twentith Century FOX claims I was infringing on their copyright by using either the Spider-Man III or Fantastic Four: ROTSS (maybe even both) trailers. Its been up there since October 18/19th, 2007, and suddenly, on May 18/19th, 2008, it was bothering their lawyers enough to claim infringement? Eloquent.

Assuming it was an actual lawyer not some schmuck.

I'm seriously going to have to find another website to post my videos. I just keep running into SOBs.