Resident Evil Revelations (3DS title)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Zigholtul, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone here anticipating the release of this title?

2. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    It does look good, but I don't have a 3DS. I am interested to see what the story is about.

3. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its interesting that so far none of the enemies aren't dropping ammo or healing items this time around, reminiscent of the classic games. Of course this is just a demo of the game so I expect the final product to be altered in a way. Hell mode which I'm guessing is this game's hard mode is rather challenging in a way, with the increased enemy placement, lower healing items and ammo, it nice to see that the challenge aspect is still there like what happened with RE5 with its Professional mode, which was challenging unlike RE4. Speaking of which, no melee counter attacks this time around. Pretty sweet if you ask me because part of me sees that Capcom is truly dedicated to bringing back some of the survival aspects of what made the original games so enduring.

4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Played the demo once earlier. Not sure if its me, but there seems to be alot of ghosting. Not good with dark games.... and this game is dark. As for the ammo, maybe the difficulty might have something to do with it. Say if the difficulty was set to Easy, enemies would drop ammo and stuff... but it could just be the demo wanting to limit you I guess. I did find myself without ammo at the end and relying on my knife to kill the last baddy before I figured out how to switch to my grenades.

5. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I can post my comment on the demo made in the 3DS topic :

I'm not necessarily anticipating the game, but so far from my single try-out of the demo I quite like it. I might buy it in the end, I enjoy me some good RE :) 

Only thing I hate is the character design so far, ugh...

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Never played the Resident Evil series, but I'm thinking of picking this one up. I've heard some good things about it from other websites and it sounds like it has a pretty solid play time. Plus, the graphics look gorgeous.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great to me. I'm a RE fan, and this looks like the best 3DS game so far visuallly, so yeah I'm anticipating it.

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I really liked the Demo, I jumped back twice which is always a good sign in a demo. Controls were a little cumbersome so I'm looking forward to the Slide Pad.

9. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I will probably get it sometime but there are so many other games coming out that it's a little hard to decide.

10. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Played a second time, this time I left the in-game 3D option at normal, wich worked better with the scanner. And we can actually use reverse axis for up/down when targeting, great :D  Also tried 3rd person targeting instead of 1st person, I think I prefer that way too.

The game is great, the control is as smooth as I can expect from a RE game (being a bit slow is what it's all about, it add the the tension :p ).

I also found a case for customizing and some parts to go with it, and it looks like it's for upgrading or tweaking your weapons, but I think that function is not in the demo, so it'll be interesting to see that in the actual game.

So far it's going to be a buy for me!

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I spent about 15 minutes tweaking every option in the demo to my preference and I love the demo now, smooth controls (even without the circle pad pro) and no subtitles (I despise games where subtitles are present, unless of course somebody is speaking a foreign language and the subtitles are used for translation). However, I can't say I'd like ~15-20 hours of it that I have to pay for.

12. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Noticed that the game has been out for a while. How's the overall experience of the game?

13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i personally loved it. brought back that old R.E. feeling.

i did try hell mode but in the part where

you have to launch the UAV. i got killed by a scagdead and then kept respawning with 1 minute to make to the control room.

which is just not possible for me to do. so i gave up and im just playing for fun in casual mode.

14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had like 5 seconds left to make it to the controls. I didn't think I was gonna be able to make it pass that section especially with Rachel running around. I spent too much time and ammo trying to kill rachel and it didn't help any, but thankfully I noticed there was a rocket launcher. Had to wait for her and Rachel to get near, shot the floor, both dead.

I'm surprised I haven't beaten this game yet. Seems like I put one chapter in every day or every other day. Been stuck playin Raid mode with only 12 levels to play and I'm at lv 34.

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

anyone who's has a tough time beating chapter 7 where
    you have to reach the UAV controls where rachel and a scagdead show up, after passing rachel, head straight. there is a drop off in the middle rwalkway that saves about 20 seconds off the timer. as for the scagdead. throw a grenade. it stuns it long enough to pass by.