Resident Evil: Extinction Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Smasher, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    So I just came in from seeing the movie.

I like it better than the second one, but I still think the first one is the best.

What was up with LJ?
    Did he just think he was going to get better?

Why did they have to photoshop Milla's face during all the close-ups?
    It was pretty damn distracting.
    She is so HAWT naturally, I really wonder why they did that.

I am sure it is going to be updated, but if you get a chance, you should visit the wiki -it is full of wrong information and wishful thinking.

I like this as one of the connections to the games:
    Um... okay. I sure didn't see that anywhere in the movie I saw.

I would love to see a fourth movie, but I think the way the story seems to be heading with an army of Alices would just be too goofy. Though it would make for good pr0n. :lol 

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of the first 2 movies (the 1st was the best though) and I cant wait to see this one. The previews look really good.

3. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

liked the 1st. Hated the 2nd movie b/c it was just too video gamey. Almost as bad as Doom. Will see this one tommorrow.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    it could work, if it were done as a tragedy of sorts, and she was taken out before it could get that far, which would avoid the silliness and also be an interesting change of pace from your typical flick.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wasn't digging the 2nd one too much but I'll probably still see this one, saw the other two so I may as well. I'm not the type of guy that's all "OH GOD IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE SOURCE MATERIAL" so I was never too bugged by them going a different way than the game stories or anything. I thought the second one was just a little too corny, so I'm hoping this one is a little lighter on the cheese factor.

Curious what you said about "photoshopping" on Milla's face, a friend of mine on another board said the same thing, so I guess it's pretty obvious they altered her. Geez

6. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Just got back. It was entertaining, but I thought the end was cheap. Not going for the whole clone thing. Also I agree the photoshop close ups on the women was so annoying and obvious. It was on Claire too. Tyrant was awesome, PS1 RE1 all the way.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Enjoyed the first, the second was absolute and utter tripe, and the third not only looks no better...it somehow manages to look worse.

8. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I saw the movie last night. Although the special effects is great, I think that is the only thing that carried the movie. I felt the story was a bit too superficial. They could have added another 20-30 minutes to the movie to fully develop the story, especially if those convoy members made it to Alaska. I got the impression Alice is rather indifferent in saving the race and more concerned of taking down Umbrella with her clones. Did you notice when watching the movie with the doctor attempting to domesticate one of the zombie, the whole premise was taken from a previous Romero's zombie movie I think it's "Day of the Dead"? I remember watching one of the movie where the scientists were held up on a military compound, surrounded by zombies as they were experimenting with these creatures. This movie is not the best. The first one is by far the best of the three movies made.

9. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Why oh why did they replace the actress that played Jill Valentine from the second movie??? She was so hot!

10. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:

[Reason One]:

.Sienna Guillory did not reprise her role in Resident Evil: Extinction. During the film's pre-production stage, Guillory had confirmed in an interview with Empire magazine that she was given an offer but couldn't accept due to scheduling conflicts with Eragon.[4]

In the novelization of the film, however, it is revealed that she separated to draw off the FBI and managed to get them to accept the truth with Terri's videotape detailing the Raccoon City outbreak. She later meets up with Carlos but takes off again saying she no longer is going to be a part of group. Later, she leads a group of people to supplies in Baltimore, and eventually becomes the leader of over a hundred survivors.

[Reason Two]:

.The character of Claire Redfield did not exist in the early draft scripts for the film and previously Jill Valentine (who appeared in Resident Evil: Apocalypse played by Sienna Guillory) would continue the role in Extinction. Later producers Paul W.S. Anderson and Jeremy Bolt decided to have a separate game character appear along side Alice saying, "We thought, rather than bring Jill back, put her with another game heroine."

11. Ktulu

News Credits:
    That reminds me, anyone ever watch the second one with commentary? Guillroy's track was obviously done separately, but they punched it in with the other actor track, so you're left with what is pretty much lots and lots of talking from Jovovich and Fehr having a great time and all, then random cuts to Guillroy just talking about herself and her character, completely unrelated to the other conversation. It's quite odd.

12. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Yeah that was odd, I kept thinking "why aren't you in the same room with Jovovich and Fehr (who commentary was hillarious. Especially when Jovovich mentions she doesn't like blood and she 'runs' off into the background until the gore is finished. ^_^)?" Maybe they did them at separte times, Gilloury was most likely unavailable again, or she's not a people person. Who knows? I thought her commentary was very enjoyable to listen to, nevertheless.

13. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Like I said I think it was really obvious they were two recordings smashed together. Very strange choice, but I guess they didn't feel like including a whole separate Guillroy track?

Judging from it though, it does seem she enjoyed the role, so I do doubt there was anything other than scheduling involved with her not being in this new one.

14. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

all i care about is finding out what happened to angela

15. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Angela Ashford: Resident Evil: Extinction

In Extinction, she is no longer featured, nor mentioned in the film. In the novelization of the film, however she was killed by Alice under control of Umbrella.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thoroughly despise the first RE film, but much more enjoyed the second one. (Probably because Sienna Guillory is so damn freakin' hot. There, I'm being honest about it.)

But I think I'll wait to number 3 to come out on DVD before I watch it, like I did for the other 2. And Photoshop Milla Jovovich closeups? Anyone find any screen caps of this?

Maybe they're preparing for the High Definition release of the film (Actors have been known to complain that High Def shows every blemish... and thus reveals that they too, are real people. *GASP*.)

And on an aside, I watched DOOM for the first time a couple of days ago, and I thought it totally 'Rocked'. Seriously, best Video game film ever, except for Mortal Kombat perhaps.

17. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

that sucks sooooo hard.

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I saw it. It was pretty good up until the end. The ending was lame as hell. Felt less like a zombie movie, or even a video game zombie movie, and was more like a bad sci-fi flick.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Why did the clone have to shut the laser down and not the computer?
    Was that in the novel?

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm guessing since it was a training program that the humantraining the clone Alices mannually controlled the lasers.

Just finished watching it. It was ok...definitely better than the second one. I main gripe is why must every zombie have that one person who is bitten, and never tells the group only to become a zombie later on thereby putting everyone in danger.

Overall, the film just seemed very unoriginal. Having read up on all the game's various plots, I wish they would have followed them a little more closely.