Resident Evil: Degeneration

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus17, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

So I just finished this movie an hour ago. It was awesome!!!! It was great to once again see Claire and Leon together again. Great to see zombies again. It was just so cool. I am definitely going to buy this movie! The B.O.W. was really awesome looking. So who else saw this?

2. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I started it, but got so bored I turned it off. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I hated it.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't hate it.
    there were things i didn't like, but it's all trivial.

but a damned sight better than Dead Space. That movie was written by a 13 year old just allowed to use curse words for the first time.

But RE:D  wasn't so bad.
    not great, but there wasn't anything else on tv when i saw it.

4. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Saw it and thought it was way better than anything to come from the live action films. Nice tie-in to RE5 too. Just wished there where a few more creatures out of the zombies and the G-Type.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Waiting for the bargain bins here. As much as I love RE, i'm not going to pony up 16 notes for a movie whose only selling point seems to be not being as shit as the live action efforts.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'll give this a watch sometime, can't be any worse than the live action films.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Huh, hadn't heard about this. Anything that moves away from Paul Anderson's girlfriend-promoting fanfiction can only be a good thing.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait to see it. Always loved RE2 the most out of the games.

10. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Shut up Cat., you've never played a Resident Evil game in your life cause you were tooooooo scared of the zombie dogs. :lol 

But yeah, I thought the movie was ok. I liked how it tied in to the RE5 game which I can't wait to play. I will definitely be picking this up on Blu-Ray on Tuesday.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's out now. I picked it up at Best Buy.

12. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Pure fan service.

While many have criticized this movie and have labeled it as bad, they are forgetting two very important details:

1. First of all, its a video game movie, so that immediately puts it into a different category. Never go into a video game movie expecting the next Platoon.

2. Secondly, its a movie that is based on the Residnet Evil canon. Resident Evil has never had a rich story canon. In fact its considered one of the worst stories in video game history, so the fact that they can make a relatively good movie based upon this story is a miracle unto itself.

Filled with plenty of RE easter eggs, some obvious and some that you have to look a little harder to find, the movie will definitely appeal to all the fanboys and fangirls of the series. With some sweet RE2 flashbacks and bloopers on the DVD that hilariously remind us that the film is rated R, are sure to please. Make sure you watch it till the end because the film really does set the stage for RE5, it really does.

If Resident Evil has taught us anything, its that you shouldn't trust anyone with a British accent.

13. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Definately was good IMO. Then again...it's a movie that appeals to the fan base. Plus Leon is the playboy in the RE universe.

14. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Just purchased the Blu-ray version this evening. Loved every minute of it!

Got that $5 dvd-cash coupon that was inserted in the RE Trilogy box set. Was nice saving $5 off the Blu-ray price!

15. Optimus17

I got it from amazon over the weekend and loved it just as much watching it the second time!

@strscrm: I disagree about the story. I always thought that the RE games had great stories to them. The acting and dialogue may not have always been the best but the story was still great.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

The question I had after watching it was: "Where is the game that all of these cut scenes came from?"

The movie felt like this was a game and they just took all the cutscenes and put them together into a movie. Plenty of parts where you could just <insert gameplay here>.

17. Optimus17

the same could be said of FF7: Advent Children. I meant I personally think that's kind of a dumb thing to complain about because what do you really expect from a movie in which the CGI is just like the games. The Cut Scenes in games have become just as good as any CGI movie. So naturally a film that is CGI and based on said game will look very similar to the game.

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was alright, but nothing special and pretty forgettable.
    Leon has even less personality now, seems the government turned him into a robot.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

By whom exactly?

20. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I watched it yesterday and while i thought the story was lame i still give it a 7 out of 10 stars. As mentioned before you have to remember it is based off of the video game and not where the live movies left off. I was disappointed that they kind of just left the incident at the airport unresolved, it would've been cool to see them just go through there and start popping off Zombies left and right. I did like the ending though and even though they are making RE5 I hope they continue to do more movies like this.