Resident Evil Damnation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Sep 29, 2012.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well it's been out a few days, but I just got my copy in today. I must say, this was just as good as Degeneration. I wish that maybe there had been at least one more series regular in it, but the movie still did not disappoint. This makes the wait for RE6 that much harder...cannot wait! Share your thoughts peeps!

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I thought it was meh. It was no where near as bad as the latest llive action movie, but it was not even close to being as good as Degeneration. Degeneration felt like an actual horror story from a horror video game. Damnation showcased everything I hate that has happened to the RE franchise. Plus, I hated the new voice for Leon. On the positive side, the Mr Xs were awesome.

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    It's actually the same voice actor from Degenertion.

4. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I liked it but the situation Leon was in seemed like something Chris and the BSAA should have handled since stopping BOWs used in wars is pretty much they're job.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^I agree, but they kind of made it out to be that Leon was the go to guy for this.

6. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

If only both of them were in it. It'd make the wait for RE6 that much easier.

Oh and Ada was awesome.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's too bad. Degeneration is pretty meh as is.

8. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I pretty much thought Damnation outdid Degeneration in almost every way. The horrible lip syncing from the first movie has been vastly improved and the action scenes were also a lot better. There were also a number of creative elements that I never thought I'd see in Resident Evil.

Also, just to put it out there, but whoever did the sound work for this movie did an amazing job. I don't even have a proper sound system yet and the audio for the blu ray is amazing on my Bose Wave Music System 3.

9. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    It was alright. The plot felt kind of stretched out, and the new characters were kind of annoying. The animation was very good though, and I still dig the love/hate relationship Leon and Ada have.

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    There's a part at the beginning where Leon is about to kill the licker, when an explosion occurs and dust/smoke goes everywhere. Looked straight out of a live movie set.

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I thought it rocked. The only thing I didn't like about Damnation was the cheesy
    President v. Ada scene.
    but the
    Licker, Tyrant fight
    made up for it. I actually thought Matt Mercer was a great Leon. I liked him much more than Paul Mercier. IMO Mercer actually kind of sounded like he could be an older Paul Haddad. Mercier sounded like someone else entirely. I am kind of at the point where Leon just needs to put a bullet in Ada though.