Resident Evil Apocolypse DVD - extended edition?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ghost Prime, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Ok i saw resident Evil apocolypse on tv afew days ago and oddly i actually really liked the film. I guess in a way because it was alittle like resident evil 2/3 and not the arsed up crap that 1 was.

Anyway i was looking to get it on dvd and looking on ebay ive found i can get the standard dvd for around 4GBP ($8ish) but then i find EXTENDED EDTION selling for 50GBP!? (like over $100) and theres only about 2 of them i can find.

can anyone tell me what these EXTENDED sections are or if they have the film at all and can tell me why its so damn expensive? are these EXTENDED clips on youtube at all?

i just cant figure out why its so damn expensive

2. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    There's too much crap to sort through on YouTube to even confirm something like this. If it says "Extended Edition" then its probably the one they say was released in Germany, containing all the Scenes Deleted from the movie (feautred in the Second Disc of the US Special Edition Release), but its been so long since I've read that and even watched "Apocalypse" I cannot be sure.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will remind you that posting of such clips from YouTube is against our site rules.

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

err why? that seems alittle retarded. I mean i could NEVER see the japanese sections from Xenosaga 1 unless i saw them on YouTube or unless i went to japan,bought a jap ps2 and a jap copy of the game.

Dunno why your being so difficult about showing a rough 20second clip from a film thats been out for something like 4-5 years nearly.

Anyone know at all what these SPECIAL scenes were? why is it only Germany got this extended edition then?

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Posting links to illegal copies of coprighted material is facilitating infringement. If you've got a problem with that, I suggest you go and talk to the lawyers at your nearest movie studio instead of whining about perfectly sensible board rules that you'd already know about if you had actually bothered to read them.

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Are you saying you actually liked RE 2 more than RE1?? RE was average at best, but RE 2 was worthy of Razzy consideration. If Apocolypse was more like the 2nd one than the first, then I may reconsider even bothering to rent it.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Yak summed it up pretty well, so I'll just quote him just in case you missed it the first time.

8. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok FINE then if you CANT show me what the scenes were then can someone at LEAST tell me what they were? i doubt there is a scene with Alice and Jill getting very friendly by any chance :p 

9. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:

RE2 was truer to the game than RE1&3, Razzy consideration be darned! I know people find it hard to believe but some people who watched the RE movies hoped they would tie into the story from the games.........................I consider RE2 the only Resident Evil film made, but then I live in a strange little world.:cool: 

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You might want to look at the sometimes accurate wikipedia to see if the extra scenes are worth all that money.

11. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

no amount of extra footage could save this "movie"...

12. Blaster_Prime

Agreed...none of the Resident Evil movies ever came close to the games. The original was decent enough to ask for, except for the obvious change of locale to the "hive" ugh...but the second was just atrocious, it insulted our intelligence time and again...the graveyard scene, need I say more...and worst of all they killed everything good about nemesis.

Oh and a talking Tyrant...blasphamy...sheer blasphamy

13. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

7 small 10 second scene's............thats it? thats really it!? jesus christ why are people paying so much for this if the scene's anit even anything special.

When it said EXTENDED EDITION i was expecting something like LOTR extended...

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I liked Apocolypse, much more than RE1.

15. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

me to, kinda why i want to get the dvd but havent gotten round to it yet. also i like your sig :p 

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I like the movie...not the best zombie movie I've ever seen, but its entertaining enough. The only scene I can't stand is the zombie in the graveyard coming back to life. That makes zero sense.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It makes no sense in regards to the movie plot and the virus. However, it makes perfect sense when the games had zombies coming up out of graves all the time. Game references in the movie FTW!

18. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

all that graveyard scene needed tho was michael jackson to come along and THRILLER NIGHT. i would have loved to have seen some dancing zombies

19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

All of the time? Twice in 10 years more like, RE3 and CV are the only main games that have graveyard bits.

20. Blaster_Prime

Agreed, if live humans don't have the strength to break out of a coffin what makes them think that re-animated dead bodies can? Also, the virus affects the brain...which would most likely be decomposed unless the body was WICKED fresh. I'm talking died yesterday fresh...
    Finally, how the hell would they be infected by the virus anyways? No sense at all...RE: Apocalypse was an abomination, both as a film and as an Resident Evil adaptation.