Resident Evil: Afterlife

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SpinalCord, Sep 8, 2009.

1. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Anybody else been following up on this, and the future reboot?

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

movie board. film coming next fall.

3. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Thanks. I shall go there then.

:locked2: 

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    another one? yikes....... Hopefully they will dump alice because RE3 was terrible.

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

In before lock.
    I liked RE3, poor Dae-Dae.
    I heard that Smokey survive in his yey bunker.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't been following it at all; after the colossal turd that was Extinction I gave up on the RE movieverse completely. A reboot is desperately needed, and might get me to watch another RE movie..

MIGHT.

8. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally enjoyed all 3 movies and can't wait for the next one. YAY!!

9. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we see Jill. She was hot!!

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    RE hast to be the only film franchise I hate since I love the games and the feel thay have, they've managed to make crap after crap with this, so if they reboot it I will give it a chance.

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    As well as I. I am a huuuuuuuuuge Resident Evil fan, not to mention Milla Jovovich fan. I do admit that they should of stayed more towards the game storylines, but what are you gonna do, it isn't really our choice...it is like trying to argue how the TF Bay movies aren't G1...you just won't get anywhere. I recall back when Romero had gave a script for the first RE movie that was relatively close to the first game, and they rejected it. That actually had me suprised because the zombie master, got rejected. Either way, if they want to reboot it, fine, nothing we have a say in, if they don't that's fine too, I love the movies and don't think they need a reboot. In fact, I am sick of hearing about people thinking what should be rebooted...

12. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Most game fans who hate the movies, hated Romero's script even more. It was closer to the games, but the characters had totally different personalities. Think Beast Machines. I, for one, prefer the Romero script. I think it would have been amazing. However, I am still a fan of the current movies we have, and Extinction to me was the best of all three. Apocalypse was going to be amazing when it was still called Nemesis, and Alice, Jill, and Claire all had separate storylines, but one thing after another, it just tanked. My least favorite for sure.

The TALKandRUMORS that are going around now is that Afterlife will be the last in the Alice Ark, where she will finally mutate into the Tyrant at the end of the film. All things will be wrapped up. Then, Anderson will be 'rebooting' the series somewhat with a new trilogy of prequels. So movie 5 will be about Jill before Apocalypse, and how she discovered undead in the Arklay Forest and the Mountains. Chris is rumored to be introduced in Afterlife, and Jill is rumored to return, so movie 5 will show how they knew each other before Afterlife. Movie 5 will more than likely be the Mansion Incident. Movie 6 will be the Claire’s Raccoon City storyline that Anderson never got to see produced. Claire is also rumored to return for Afterlife, so her and Chris will have their sibling relationship. It is also figured that Chris will be replacing Leon in Movie 6, since Chris will more than likely be the new main character, replacing Alice. Movie 7 will be post Apocalypse and Pre-Extinction. This will follow Chris and Claire during the events of CODE: Veronica. It will also introduce Jill again, and explain more what happened to her after Apocalypse. This movie will lead into Extinction, and show the separation of the group, as Claire, Chris, and Jill go different ways.

As I said, ALL speculation. But this seems to be the most agreed upon idea in many forums.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Set one in Tokyo and I might actually consider seeing it in theaters.

14. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I will never argue that these are "good" movies, I am usually inclined to watch them due to my affection for Milla Jovovich in action roles.

15. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Afterlife will be set in Tokyo, Alaska, and LA.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked the first one.
    Hated the slow motion zombies and Nemesis kung-fu in the second one.
    Thought the third one was okay.

I realize that the movie stories are different from the game and I'm okay with that.
    My problem is that I don't think they can do a story as they set it up at the end of the last movie.

I don't think an army of Milas would work in any movie except pr0n.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    For the most part I like how that sounds. However, the part with Alice becoming the final "Tyrant" doesn't sound like it could be worked out right. After all, if you do look at the "tyrant" figures through the movie. You have the Licker from 1, who in turn mutates...wasn't too big of a fan of that idea. Nemesis, first of all...the idea that he in turn was Matt that was altered to be Nemesis bothered me right from the start. I do agree that he shouldn't of done the whole kung fu garbage. Other than those 2 things, I was happy with him. Than you got the Tyrant of 3. How he came to be is ok, his abilities and all were fine. The one thing that bothered me...the talking. While I was able to accept it, it just didn't fit in right. Anywho, back to the Alice idea, it just doesn't seem like it could work out properly. I would have to see how that played out on screen.

As far as the rebooting to game style movies... 1 and 2 need to be done...plain and simple. I want to see those 2 as close as they can get to the game. I mean the plots are all right there! Yes, it is wishful thinking, but no telling if they will.

Wait, what? You prefer the fast zombies who defy the very idea of zombies? Zombies are rotting corpses that are falling apart...of course they are gonna move slow. The games they move slow too. I once saw a shirt that said, "Fast Zombies Suck!"

18. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Alice was supposed to be a cross between Mr. X and Alexia in Extinction right off the bat, but Milla hated the idea, so Anderson changed her into superwoman. Since Milla did her 3 RE movies, and now Afterlife will be her last one, it sounds like Anderson convinced her. It could be easily explained. She's been infected with the T-Virus for 5 years. It could all of a sudden take control of her body and she'll mutate.

I love crimson heads. They're scary as fuck! I much prefer running zombies than slow. They are much more intense.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I would not like the idea of Alice mutating into Tyrant for some reason. Personally, I'd just like to see Alice take out Umbrella, cure the world, and then they hit the reset button. She disappears to live out her life. Then have the next three movies star Claire, Chris, and Leon where they investigate random outbreaks of the zombie virus.

20. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I see her demise as more of a self sacrifice purhaps. Plus, being engaged to Anderson. As far as Anderson convincing her, back during the filming of Extinction, she had mentioned that she had intentions to stop doing action movies, which in turn she decided to still do a few, she may finally be getting to the point where she will keep it true. Needless to say, I will still go and see the movies as I have.