Resident Evil 6 shop talk!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I beat Ada's mission today and to be honest, I was very disappointed with her missions in the long run. The first mission was good, but had too much combat in it and not enough ammo. The second and third missions were awesome, the fourth mission was pretty fun, but the final chapter was just a train wreck and ruined her entire game for me. Not to mention nothing was still explained. With that said, Jake's campaign was definitely the best of the game and the one I had the most fun with.

I did buy infinite ammo for my magnums and assault rifles though, so I am going through Leon's campaign again with speed, and it is better than it was the first time, but there is so much more they could have done with it. Overall, I have to say it is probably better than RE5, but not by much. I give the game a 6/10.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright! Just beat the game with Jake; Ada is all I have left :) 

So, here is my review

Leon: I'd start with this campaign first if you haven't played an RE game before or need a refresher.

Chris: If you played RE 5, you'll have no problem running and gunning.

Jake: Not bad, as others mentioned, I did get the RE 3 Nemesis vibe from these missions.

Storyline: Nothing new, same old virus outbreak

Controls: The cover mechanic in this game SUCKS! I thought they'd of fixed it after RE5 but I was wrong. Taking cover is pretty difficult.

Action: It'll suck you in big-time. I'm a post-graduate degree / 40 hour work-week guy with little to no time for video games. However, I made time to beat this game and I plan on playing it again in the future!

I think it's pretty easy to slam the game for not being RE enough when you compare it to the originals. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are looking back on 1-3 with beer goggles. Sure, I loved them too but they were extremely tedious and action was at a minimum. Plus, to remain competitive in today's market, they had to take the COD / Halo route with their releases.

Still, I'd love to see Capcom throw a DLC reminiscent of the RE we grew-up with. Something similar to the RE5's Lost in Nightmares.

Overall, I'd say the game is worth buying if you enjoyed RE4 or 5. Easy, 7.5 out of 10. Not perfect but I love this franchise!

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

This game goes deeper and deeper into the garbage the longer it goes on. Good job, Capcom!

4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Achievement-wise, I'm almost done. Just need 80k more SP to go towards my last achievement.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^Bet that took awhile. Haven't even really started on doing that yet.

6. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    44 hours flew by so fast.

7. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

RE6 FREE DLC in December. I can only guess that Ada's partner is HUNK. Wonder if the story and cutscenes in her campaign will change? I also like that you can pull the camera back so it's not so close.

Resident Evil 6 On-Disc DLC Will be Free, Coming Soon
    Resident Evil 6 On-Disc DLC Will be Free, Coming Soon | EGMNOW

Screenshots of Ada’s New Partner Coming in Free Resident Evil 6 Update
    Screenshots of Ada’s New Partner Coming in Free Resident Evil 6 Update | EGMNOW

Resident Evil 6 Getting New Camera Options, More Subtitle Choices
    Resident Evil 6 Getting New Camera Options, More Subtitle Choices | EGMNOW

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i forgot that RE6 has 'dlc'. at least it's free.

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Anthology worth it?

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

They're going down in price, but I still think so. Waiting for it to hit the 60ish mark, more cause I want the HD remakes than 6 :lol 

11. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i have the game. took me 20 hours to beat it

i liked it, i had fun. im getting an itch to play it again. I MUST SCATCH IT!!!

13. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I still have to or kinda want to play it with the other characters. I've only gone through the main three campaigns with Leon, Chris and Jake.

I definitely like what Capcom is doing with re.net when it comes to unlockables and events.

I've been jumping around about wether or not I should pick up Revelations again. Which I probably will since there is an unlockable for the game already on re.net

14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I sold it off after a week and a half of owning it, so I'm not. In fact, I am done with Resident Evil from now on.

15. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Capcom got rid of everything RE from RE6, kept the gameplay, and created a new franchise, I'm sure people would think it was great action game without having expectations.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe, but then, my major issue with RE6 is that it was just down right boring more than anything else.

17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I bought it a couple of months back, couldn't play past the Leon arc. I dunno, I LOVE 4 and 5, but 6 (even though it fixes the stop-and-shoot aspect) just isn't as fun for me. I'm sure that I'll give it another shot, but I'm in no hurry.

18. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    so......... bought this 2 years ago and just now popped it in. Played leons for about 45 minutes or so. Brought back some good memories that i didnt get out of playing RE5. I never played 4 so going from 3 to 5 was a bit jarring but i did finish it not long before the anthology came out. I dont get the this isnt RE comments, there are some classic scare tactics from what ive seen so far and some great misdirections. I even screamed several times while playing (manly scream), sure the game mechanics have changed a bit but thats to be expected with a franchise this old. The one thing that is missing though is the need to backtrack through to find things like keys or gems or whatever random code things umbrella made you solve from the first 3. I kinda like the not having to backtrack aspect though.

Im not to invested in it yet so i guess my opinion may change but wandering the streets with leon was very reminiscent of RE2.

19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm surprised someone casted thread resurrection on this. If you notice, each character's scenario harkens back to older chapters in the series. Ada's campaign is definitely the best though. Enjoy it man, I actually popped this in the other day and still had quite a bit of fun with it. People do give it shit, but it's still a great game, especially with the giant amount of nostalgia factor in the game.