Resident Evil 5 teaser branded rascist.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spartan-117, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know it's funny that you mentioned this. I was watching it with my cousin the other day, and I thought. RE 4 had a bunch of Spanish-speaking bad guys, and now RE 5 has Aftrican American pitted against our white hero.

I watch South Park like it's my second religion, so I am not easily offended, but there are people out there who might be thinking, "wow, two resident evil games where minorities play the bad guys, and a white guy goes around shooting them". It was only a matter of time before this happened.

I wondered if someone might cover this eventually.

Hehehe, just read it. Yeah that's pretty ******ed. The internet gives voices to everyone... EVERYONE :D 

3. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

woah...

5. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I think it's hilarious.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "If the game does anything it bolsters the hatred of black zombies already present in the well-established hatred of zombies in general. It teaches us that no matter what color they are on the outside, flesh-hungry reanimated dead people are really fundamentally the same, and should probably be avoided at all costs. When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'd like to think that mankind will band together regardless of race or nationality in the name of preserving the future of humanity and the safety of our precious brainmeats. "

HAHAHA

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ... How ludicrous.
    Dear bleeding heart bandwagon-jumping imbeciles of the world:
    IT'S A GAME.
    Love,
    Those of us who realise that.

8. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I could see the point if every Resident Evil had you murdering minorities but every previous game has had you shooting white people and dogs. Although technically it isn't white guy vs minority in 4 and 5. Leon was in Europe, presumably some part of Spain so I don't think you could call Spanish speaking people a minority when you're in Spain.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Well, thats just plain stupid...

10. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I think people are stupid, im sure a multi million dollar franchise like the RE series purposely wanted to portray whitey given the blackman the shaft... ridiculous, and another cause for Al Sharpton to get wind of and make into a media nightmare circus. The whole damn origin of the zombie comes from actual ceremony done by voodoo priests where a chemical cocktail basically renders the human host unable to use free will hence the 'zombie' like mindless state. So if this ancient religious practice has its roots in africa I think it only makes sense that a large number of zombies in friggin' africa would be black. im also willing to bet that you also fight white zombies too, maybe chinese, damnit if they were creative throw in Inuktuk too... savage flesh eating zombies are still savage flesh eating zombies no matter what the color... your not killing them because of skin color, your killing them because they are trying to eat your brain.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

No, I totally agree with you. And like I said, they could be shooting a hundred people with my face on it and I wouldn't be offended, but I wondered how long it would take for someone to get hot about it and start giving people a new reason to hate videogames.

12. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I saw that trailer a while ago and I never thought of it as racist.(Im black and latin) Some people just don't like white people so they come up with reasons why things are racist. And people that say that RE games aren't made for kids are right but kids still play them. I played code veronica when i was like 11. People(all people) are stupid and need to let things go.

13. JinraiPrime

Some people just don't like white people <-- lol this statement is priceless give the current convo.

14. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

It's true thats why people like to call them racist. I have alot of friends that don't like white people and they call them racist on a daily basis I just laugh because its retarted

15. JinraiPrime

its just as ludacris to believe that all white people hate black people as it is the opposite... i really hate stereotypes, why can everyone be more like me and hate everyone.. I too have friends who are prejudiced not against blacks so much as they are natives, the whole white/native relationship here is tentative at best.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been playing violent games since as far back as I can remember (Pac Man anyone? what with the eating ghosts and spitting out their eyes...Anyone?), but the difference between then and now, is that if I tried to eat my friend and spit his eyes out, my mom would kick my ass (not literally, but enough to instill respect in me). Now there are rules against parents getting after their kids.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Personally, I am glad this has finally come to light.
    Resident Evil games have been racist since their inception.

Their portrayal of reanimated corpses has been less than favorable since the first game. Matters were made worse in Resident Evil 4 when the racism extended to our Spanish-speaking squid infested brothers.

If there is one thing I learned from watching Land of the Dead its that living, undead -we are all just "looking for somplace to go."
    (Stupidest ending to any zombie movie -ever!)

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I think it'll soon be time for Mr. Sharpton to work his magic against RE 5 if this gets enough press.

[​IMG]

Edit: image that team up Al Sharpton and Jack Thompson...tag team beat down.

19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    That's really ******ed right there.

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Saw it coming, but still incredibly stupid. It's a game, and you actually see them infect the 'people'. They're not killing black men, no, why bother to continue. It's nonsense.