Rescuebot Transformable Toyota Crown Review

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by firstpredacon, Feb 7, 2007.

1. firstpredacon

firstpredacon CybPh Convoy Council

News Credits:
    Cybertron Philippines member mechajol recently purchased this Rescuebot Transformable Toyota Crown, which has features of both BinalTech and RoadBots.

Here are exerpts from his review:

ALT MODE

As mentioned earlier, this is pretty impressive! I posted the same set of pictures in a diecast car collecting board, and everyone didn't suspect it was a robot. Truly, robots in disguise.

The tires are made of hard rubber. The mags are nicely-detailed, but there's no suspension. The hood also opens to reveal the engine. All four doors open and close. The interior is complete, even to the dashboard. The headlights are clear plastic, and the side mirrors even have silver stickers! Great attention to detail!

The cool thing about this alt mode is that there are no evident panel lines anywhere! When it's a car, it just looks like a whole car! Some alternators robots, in their alt modes, still have "lines" where the car would separate to form the legs, and while it is necessary, it sometimes becomes a giveaway that you're looking at a TF toy. But this rescuebot? No lines whatsoever! The doors have a "California Highway Patrol" police seal.

ROBOT MODE

The robot mode looks like it has short legs, and a bit top-heavy, but believe me, it's stable enough to stand on its own. The lack of more folding parts give the robot a clunky appearance. The roof of the car does not fold, and the trunk itself, is still whole.

Rescuebot also comes with a cartoony rifle. They could have at least painted it flat black, just to make it look like a serious weapon...

Looking at the head sculpt closely, the manufacturer still used their tooned rx-78 sans "V." The green paint for the eyes have also spread on some parts of the face. Unlike alternators, the fingers don't have their own articulation, the fist is just one whole mold. And because of the clunkiness, poseability is a bit constrained, but not impossible.

Will rescuebot fit in with the alternators? In alt mode, yes! In robot mode, you still
    have a lot more detailing to do. Also, I checked the net for any Toyota Crown alternators, or any alternators with this type of transformation, but came up with nothing. This is indeed an original design!

You can view the entire review HERE

Check out these images:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Thanks for the review... this robot is much cooler than I would have thought. The car mode is pretty complete, and the robot has fairly decent articulation.

If I see one for a good price, I'll probably pick one up... though I'd definitely have to make some modifications to the robot mode. He looks okay, but is still a bit clumsy looking.

zmog

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

this is crazy, because I was just reading about this car last night, since it's not offered in the US. it's got a v-12 engine, and goes for about 90 thousand dollars. wonder why it's a police car, though?

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hmm that might make a good version of runamuck

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Looks goofy, I much prefer the roadbots for my "I wanna be an alt" fix.