Rescue Bots to be released on DVD by Shout

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by O.Supreme, Jul 12, 2012.

1. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
  3. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Shout! Factory have today jointly announced at the San Diego Comic Con that they have forged an agreement for Shout! to receive exclusive rights in the USA and Canada for DVD releases (Blu-ray was not mentioned) of The Hub-aired 2012 program Transformers: Rescue Bots. So far no specific DVD titles, details, artwork or release dates have been revealed; they merely say that "Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout...on home entertainment shelves." Stay tuned for further developments, as they occur! For now, though, here's a quote from the studio announcement that describes the show itself in more detail:

TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS is created specifically for the younger generation of TRANSFORMERS fans and features a group of AUTOBOTS charged with a mission to protect and learn about humans. Stationed by OPTIMUS PRIME on the technologically advanced island Griffin Rock, the RESCUE BOTS - HEATWAVE, BOULDER, BLADES and CHASE - team with the Burn's family of first responders-including a police chief, firefighter, rescue pilot, engineer and the young hero Cody Burns-to keep peace and safety in their new found home. Alongside their new human friends, the RESCUE BOTS learn teamwork and heroism. Produced by Hasbro Studios, the half-hour series brings family, heart, humor and adventure to the TRANSFORMERS brand. Executive produced by Jeff Kline, TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS features the vocal talents of LeVar Burton, Lacey Chabert, Steve Blum, Maurice LaMarche and Peter Cullen, who voices OPTIMUS PRIME when he makes cameo appearances in this series.

Taken from: Transformers: Rescue Bots DVD news: DVD Plans for Transformers: Rescue Bots | TVShowsOnDVD.com

4. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Great! Hopefully soon it'll start airing here in the UK...........hopefully

5. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping for a BluRay release. Followed by S2 of Prime, then all of Animated.

6. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Maybe sales will help push for an animated blu ray release. Seriously inexcusable to drop the ball on that

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll pick it up.

8. O.Supreme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Before the Shout! Factory forums went down (supposeddly to be returned later in a form that will prevent mass spammers from registering) a few folks asked about this.

Brian Ward who produces the DVD's for Shout! Factory was unsure of the HD source for TFA (I never watched in HD myself, so I'm not sure if it was originally made in HD, or just converted for broadcast?). In any case, the show just started airing again on The HUB this week. I've heard a record number of fans planning to DVR season 3, which Paramont never released. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we here news about TF:Animated from Shout! Factory. As for whether its DVD or BRD or BOTH, we'll just have to keep a close watch. This was just the first day of SDCC, there may yet be more Transformer DVD news before its all over. Stay Tuned!

9. Burnout

Burnout Autobot Mercenary

I'm stoked about thsi news. I actually have come to like Rescue Bots MORE than Prime.

10. Oni

Oni Active Member

Great news! I wish their dvds had subtitles though.

11. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    So bought...tho wish there was a bluray release too. Ah well. Hope there's lots of extra goodies!

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Great.

13. Newton G

Newton G Active Member

I might check this out.

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope for a full season dvd set.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds great, this is wonderful news, figured it had to happen sooner or later!!! I will definitely buy this for me and for my nephew, hope it's the entire season too... thankfully until then, I have every aired episode of RB on my DVR to watch over and over until then. :D 

It'll be great if they include extras of the VM's as well as the animation effects, etc.

Edit 7/19: Based on this new info, IF it only has 5 eps, that's nice, but no go....I have more than that on my DVR. :D 
    Also, not a single RESCUE BOT on the DVD cover??? That rips. :( 

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  16. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  17. O.Supreme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ I'm skeptical about the length of the disc. 22 minuets per episode would be 88 for 4 or 110 for 5 (unless its 4 with 12 minuets of bonus content?) Anyway, this is just a "feeler" to see if there is any market demand. If it sells well enough, a full season or 1/2 season set (most likely based on Shout's current offerings) will follow. I'm going o have to pass however. I can let my kids stream this online until a full or 1/2 season set comes out.

18. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Is that really the cover? Wouldn't it'd be better to have, oh I don't know, the Rescue Bots? Not that I don't like Cody (he's one of my fav characters), but to not have the title characters is kind of dumb.
    That reminds me, will Cody will ever get that hover-board?

19. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    He was riding it in the latest ep lol.

Hmm...test dvd isn't a bad idea but could also be horrible showing apporiate numbers since a lot of people would rather have the entire season.

20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

That was pretty much my reaction. I was like WTF! It should be the Rescue Bots on the cover. Not Cody.

I would buy this except I'm going to wait for the full season to come out. I will buy that so fast.