Rescue Bots, Season 5?...RB Academy & New Series Discussions

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Jun 9, 2017.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Rescue Bots Academy:

There were two problems with Rescue Bots:too many humans and not enough Decepticons.Obviously every show has an enemy,but I feel it won't be Dr.Morroco,Bounce,or the Morbots.Now,if they have an academy now,maybe there will be less human time.The fact that Hot Shot is there sounds promising,as I just watched Armada this year.It's great to see Medix and Hoist.Now,Wedge has a good design,he might be my favorite 2nd new character.Whirl comes last.I wanted to see that Shockwave knock off again,but what do I get?A femme jet.Hopefully there is not much major plot with Whirl,otherwise I'm out.Thinking of starting a "My Thoughts on Rescue Bots Academy" soon.I always liked Hoist based on my little peeks into Rescue Bots,so this could be a start.If the recommended age for this show is 3-5,there can't be a true Decepticon.I'm thinking maybe they'll have some RID201x Cons of The Week but lessened as a threat;because little kids can't be traumatized or scared on a kids show.Look,my fingers are crossed.Maybe we'll get something good from this "Boulder Media Studio."Now that I mentioned the Morbots...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

I really have high hopes. Although, a female Whirl is pretty messed up imo. I'm personally hyped for the first cartoon Hot Shit sinec Animated! Hoist and Medix were pretty outright promised in the Rescue Bots toyline, so that's not really surprising. I'd really like to see what Wedge's character is.

Oh yeah, the little kids have toys already. (Medix and Hoist) Of course that'll make the toyline Medix and Hoost products not sell. I'm definetely getting a Hot Shot toy.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I just need to get someting out of my head. I have watched recently the trailer for Rescue Bots Academy and I was a little bummed up by the animation quality. I don't mean the design direction, because I find it really cute and nice looking and the one shown in promo arts is looking good (First Look At Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Transformers News - TFW2005). But the action scenes and backgrounds in the trailer didn't look well. There was lack of shading and the animation didn't appear very smooth compared to the one from Rescue Bots. Is it because it's an early trailer? The promo art doesn't seem to have any problems with shading.

For comparision a clip from Rescue Bots:

Did the same studio do both?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    None of the links work anymore, sob, anybody have working links for all seasons? Sob

5. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Bump?

6. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots Academy is being done by Boulder Media in Ireland. Hasbro owns that studio. Season 3 and 4 of the original series were animated by DHX Vancouver (previously known as Studio B Productions).

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Oddly the Wiki is showing that Boulder and Chase will be returning but no word on Blades or any of the non-core cast who isn't Optimus.

Anyway... still not liking the sudden change to the animation style, mainly Heatwave's giant chin. I kinda like the updated design Optimus has and haven't really seen the other two yet.

I know this show is called Rescue Bots Academy but they already set up that idea in the previous series and had Blurr and Savage as trainees... so why exactly are all five of the new bots made to look like really young kids? I understand the show is made for preschool kids so it makes sense from a marketing perspective but it seems a little weird when previous trainees have already been shown to be much older. That's like having a preschool on the same campus as a high school... wait... never mind that's actually a thing.

Joking aside... I like the new Female Whirl cause I hate that Shockwave clone. Wedge I assume is going to be very similar to his RID1 counterpart considering they look to be very similar characters though he's not for some inexplicable reason the leader of a team where all his team mates are much older and more mature than he is and this one isn't a combiner... unless they surprise us at the last minute and go wait there's more the other three members of the Autobot Build Team are here too and they still form Landfill. Hot Shot seems to be even younger and more immature than he was in Armada/Cybertron but the robot mode is very much Armada/Animated Hot Shot... though his vehicle mode reminds me more of Cybertron Defence Hot Shot without the guns on top.

Hoist and Medix were really old toys at this point who were already in the Rescue Bots toy line. And Medix is really the one who bothers me the most being so young. He looks smaller than all the other bots which makes me think he's going to be the youngest. It's good they finally got a medic which is one thing the original team really needed but how's this little bot suppose to fix them. Who's going to train him how to be a Medic when there is no other medic to teach him anything? Is Ratchet going to show up in this series? That's really the only way this is going to work otherwise you just have older bots with no medical experience try to teach a young bot how to do his job. Couldn't they at least have Medix be older and already a trained medic instead of a medical student with no teacher?

8. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Studios

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think they based that statement off of this
    20180918_181355.png

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Chase actually doesn't look that bad in the new art style. Boulder and Heatwave however... Heatwave just looks like he has a giant chin. Boulder now looks to have a double chin.

In the original show that green part just was his lower jaw but in this image it's more of an over sized chin strap mostly covering a grey colored chin under it.

10. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

So who is doing Prime in this one? That doesn't sound like Peter.

11. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been surprisingly little news about RBA considering it's supposed to start screening soon.

12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  13. Hotconvoy

Hotconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Bolder and Chase are looking, um, very buff sirs!
    (Which = way better in their case, but not for poor Prime and Heatwave...:p )

14. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    (Says nothing, leaves this in chat, and leaves)

52202A75-E042-4705-9EBD-96EEA06390DC.png

15. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I still think its interesting that this is the last bit of Aligned we're getting. I dont mean that in a negative way, mind you. But we had the WFC games, all of Prime, RID, Rescue Bots, so many comics, and theyre all part of a very specific era that started all the way back in 2010(?). And now we have Academy keeping the Aligned torch lit while Cyberverse by all accounts seems like a second go at doing what Aligned tried to do--provide a baseline "continuity" for the whole franchise going forward.
    Sorry I'm rambling a little. Academy looks like a lot of fun, I'm just interested in the fact that this is where Aligned is now with its replacement already upon us, you know? Continuities are fun.

16. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Give me cast info already!

17. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reboot?

18. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Seeing Bumblebee and Hot Shot on the same poster together is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Watch any other Transformers show then, stop going to Rescue bot threads to spam the same comment.

It's also been like, nearly half a decade and you are still harping on this, get real.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeh it is, wasn't Hotshot created because they lost the Bumblebee name back in the Unicron trilogy days (pretty sure i read somewhere that Hotshot was meant to be Bumblebee hence the yellow colour)? I'm sure they only got it back in 2007 for the movie.

Anyway, nice to see them together, 2 childhood favorites from different generations.

• Like Like x 1