Rescue Bots Season 2, Episode 20, "Movers and Shakers" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Repainted, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "The Rescue Team has to take action when rogue technology goes underground."

Got to be something to do with the Pynches or Morocco. Excitement however it plays out. In any event I'll either see it just before heading to work today or early in the morning after work.

2. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Graham, Cody, & Boulder are planting a tree they've named Leafy as a part of a community event. Mayor Lusky is introducing a new power planter much to Boulder's concern. Huxley Prescott has dared himself to get in the planter's way and showed it to be safe....just before storm clouds gather and lightning strikes the planter sending it haywire.

-The planter has shown itself to be unresponsive to the mayor's remote as it hurl's car engines. The rogue machine uproots "Leafy" and sends it flying before Boulder catches it. Graham is explaining that the machine went haywire due to being hit in a particular area. Meanwhile a raccoon is helping itself to Mayor Luskey's toupee as the animals in Griffin Rock around them engage in odd migration patterns. The team disperses to handle porcupines, groundhogs, & badgers. Roaches are swarming the Burnses house as Cody closes the window to keep them out. Blades is, of course, creeped out by that many roaches. The team deduces that the power planter in it's haywire state drove the animals out of their homes. The planter resurfaces in the Mayor's yard as he observes that his water heater has been damaged.

-The mayor is treed by the planter and calls Chief Burns for help. Blades arrives and attempts to ensnare the planter which pulls Blades & Danni through the yard and escapes. Heatwave rescues the mayor. The team observes the planter's attraction to heat sources having torn the water heater to the Mayor's hot tub and that the planter now tears up trees. The team employs Seismograph handhelds in trying to locate the planter around the island. The planter surfaces near some Lad Pioneers Chase and Chief Burns are watching over assaulting Chase with a bunch of thrown trees before departing. Cody attempts to phone Huxley Prescott at a school event they believe will be attacked next. Unable to reach him by phone he leaves the house in his go-cart before encountering ripples in the ground.

-Cody is pulled underground and chased in a tunnel by the planter. Graham and Boulder find Cody's location and with some patience by Boulder is retrieved. His go-cart, however, isn't so well off. The Team has come up with some heat coils to attract the planter and called for the rest of the town to stop using heat sources for the moment. The bots transform with their coils and lead the planter away. The team is commanded to deactivate their coils except Heatwave who remains the only one with his coil on and drives over a cliff resulting in the planter plummeting and breaking. Boulder & Graham replant Leafy with remnants of the planter used as fencing while Chief Burns & Cody repair Rolling Thunder. The mayor bothers Chief Burns about using his hot tub to which the Burns family decide to test out for themselves joyously. The raccoon returns to steals Lusky's toupee much to the Mayor's dismay.

3. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this episode had nothing to do with Vigil. From the description I thought for sure it was going to be about all the machinery it took control of finding some way back onto the island.

Regardless, another great episode and a very hilarious one, especially when Blades "jumped the shark." :lol 

4. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
  5. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the tip-of-the-hat to Mel Blank and Weird Al..."We don't need no stinkin' badgers!".

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    :lol  at Chase giggling at the mouse, enjoying this episode so far

7. Byrnstar

Byrnstar New Member

The writers sure pulled out the gags for this episode. When I saw Blades being dragged towards that fountain with that statue in the middle I kept thinking 'oh no way, they aren't really gonna - '

They did. Rescue Bots have officially jumped the shark.

And just to make it absolutely clear, Blades capped it off with a good old Fonzie 'eeyyy' thumbs up. XD

And then Heatwave goes driving over a cliff with a burrowing something chasing him. Tremors ref ftw!

8. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Those bugs were not ants,Dani.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Solid episode. Though Chase Jumping the Shark and giving the Fonzie wink and "EHHH!" was a good LOL moment.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol 

I know, one of the best moments in the ep.......ehhhhhhhhhhhh.....

.. but gotta wonder why Blades' blades don't drag the ground? :lol 

Once again, the writers give us little movie/tv tidbits to catch.

Have to admit, it wasn't the movers or shakers I thought it would be.. but still a good episode.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  11. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

That was Blades jumping the shark.And why did the lightning hit the planter when there were four much larger metal objects nearby?

12. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has Doc Morocco rebuilt his weather machine already?

13. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Ok I finally watched it...

I got a huge Tremors vibe from this ep twice! The first time was when Blades was being drug around by the planter, ala Tremors 2...and obviously at the end when they made it go off the cliff. Haha! This was quite a fun ep!