Rescue Bots Season 2, Episode 19, "Changes" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Repainted, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Doctor Morocco learns a devastating secret that threatens the Rescue Bots' mission, but Optimus Prime guides Heatwave to acquire a surprising new ability."

First new Rescue Bots after AOE's theatrical premiere and it looks like a couple of key players are making appearances. Can't believe I beat moreprimeland to one of these!

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Only because the mods had asked us not to post threads until the day of the episode airing....so I wait until then.
    Enjoy. :) 

3. Repainted

News Credits:
    Well, that I didn't know. On a somewhat related note, it appears the 3rd season is done where voice recording is concerned. Got to wonder how fast it'll be broadcast following the end of the current season?

4. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yeah, lots of folks trying to get the first thread in...caused some probs... so we were asked to cool our jets until air day. That's why I've always waited... No worries.

Yay!!!, good news on that front.... seems like last time it still took about a year to air. Maybe we can hope for FEB 2015???

5. Repainted

News Credits:
    As long as it doesn't take more than a year to bring it to television again. I wonder how many episodes it'll be. I'll be astonished if it's another 26. That would mean it's climbed into G1 territory for episode count and past TFP.

6. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Which is fine by me.... this is such a good series, and the more episodes it gets then MAYBE we could get entire seasons (or the entire series) on DVD/BR. :popcorn 

7. Repainted

News Credits:
    It is good and I think pretty underrated, at least here. Lots of people went to their panel and autograph session at BotCon. May not be a lot of bots, but plenty of familiar faces in a style akin to "The Simpsons." You know the community around the main cast and they get to shine by proxy on occasion. I'd definitely go for Season sets and hopefully on Blu Ray.

8. Repainted

News Credits:
    -Heatwave is summoned by Optimus Prime to the mainland on a solo quest while Dr. Morocco schemes again by monitoring the Burnses by way of a camera hidden within a picture frame that is being studied by Chief Burns. Opening Credits.

-Morocco discovers the bots aren't just machines seeing their personalities and wishing to examine further. Chase is interim leader until Heatwave returns. A tornado is approaching the town as the townfolk are hurried to safety. Heatwave, staying momentarily, is nearly sucked into the tornado until Boulder arrives. Doc Greene has prepared a "Torna-don't" to deploy from the air within Blades and appears to have successfully eradicated the tornado. Heatwave finally departs but Kade talks his way into coming along. The tornado is investigated and believed to be the result of a weather machine that was never delivered in 1966 by it's handler, Dr. Morocco. Morocco, meanwhile decides something more serious than a tornado is needed to inflict upon Griffin Rock.

-Heatwave arrives and meets Optimus within a hanger with Kade. Optimus informs Heatwave of a 3rd form. Kade & Heatwave debate what the 3rd form should be while Optimus suggests sometimes the new mode chooses instead. Chase is hit by a lightning strike as the weather re-intensifies on Griffin Rock. Cody is wondering if they should find Morocco but Chief Burns insists upon everyone's safety first. The town is being evacuated into caves as Morocco watches his handy work from nearby. Heatwave's energy focusing process (resulting in a blue aura) is concerning Kade which Optimus assures him is okay. Heatwave is told he is ready to pick his new mode. Morocco is on Griffin Rock scanning the firehouse having gotten in because of there being no security system. He goes in the bots' ship discovering logs from the ship before it arrived on Earth as documented by Chase. As the Burnses are taking further safety precautions aboard the Darby Eva, Morocco deploys a fire tornado.

-More fire tornados are appearing as Heatwave & Kade make their way back unable to reach the others. The ship's captain informs they can not move faster without risking damage to the ship. The fire tornadoes ignite the docks. Heatwave & Kade decide the now is time to use the 3rd mode as a wrecked speedboat is scanned. Heatwave has to learn on the go with this new mode much to Kade's dismay. The fires get worse on the shores as the family is now using their reserve fire vehicle. Heatwave arrives in time to extinguish the fire and save the team surprising them with his new form. Heatwave and Kade find Morocco's transmitter nearby and ram it into pieces. Blades is curious as to the new form. The Burnses and Bots discover the hidden camera within the picture frame and Morocco's gadgets within the house suspecting he may be aware of their true individuality. Morocco is in his watercraft conversing with a mysterious person about upgrading his Morbots and his fees with who turns out to be Madeline Pynch. End credits

9. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Heatwave is a triple changer now? Awesome!

10. Repainted

News Credits:
    Further justification that these bots need Generation style toys. Especially in making them fully functional triple changers. At least Heatwave.

11. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

This season is turning out to be pretty epic!

Could Madeline Pynch have been the person Dr. Morocco was trying to sell tech to back in Season 1 as well?

12. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Actually it was basically confirmed by Nicole it was MECH he was selling to.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

So apparently in the Rescue Bots universe you become a triple changer by meditating and going into a trance until you start glowing and then you can scan a second alt mode.

I prefer the Animated explanation for Triple Changers when you just scan two vehicles at the same time.

Of course in the toy line he's not actually a triple changer but I did have a feeling when they started talking about a second alt mode that it was going to be that boat. I almost kinda wish that the Pre-School toys didn't have to be simplified so much so that he could actually have three modes in the same toy. Although Drift doesn't have that excuse. Instead he has the excuse of the movie designs being too overly complicated making it impossible to actually design that as one toy. So yeah we have one triple changer who doesn't function as a toy because the toy designs are too simple and another triple changer who doesn't function as a toy because the movie designs are too complicated. I miss having that nice balance between the two extremes.

14. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Drift was a triple changer? Huh, what was his other form?

I wonder if this'll lead to Blades getting his jet form?

I have to ask...did anyone ever find that song from the mechanical bull episode? Clint Black's "Ready to Roll"? I'm starting to think it was made specifically for that Ep.

15. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Heatwave as a Fireboat. Priceless. :thumb 

I certainly buy that more so than any of them being dinos.

16. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Boatwave hehehe....

Anyone found it yet online? Haven't seen it on YT, DM or the Hub's website yet.

17. Repainted

News Credits:
    Nope, likely be a YT link well before someone ups it in HD.

18. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    All I've seen on YT is someone's review of "Changes", not the ep itself.

19. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Totally random but...been rewatching season 2 since the first half was put on Netflix...

In the Ep with Woodrow, the second one, when the group is in the cave that's full of energon, the music that's playing sounds almost exactly like the music from Raiders of the Lost Ark...nice reference!

20. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    These RB guys love doing movie references in every episode... they crack me up. They're mostly subtle..most of the time I'm pretty sure the kiddies won't get them, but most adults will...at least so far.
    Guess that's why they have Blades as the movie buff...so they can include them and keep us on our toes.

Flying cows during Twisters. :D 

Also cartoons... '"What's up Doc?" "Not wasscally wabbits". :lol 

Also random... I don't like Morocco's voice now, especially in this episode. It's just so 'off' from Tim's. Guess we'll have to live with it tho.

Also....maybe call him "HEATSKI" :lol 

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014