Rescue Bots: How Does Chief Burns Know Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pauly T, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the 1st episode, Prime introduces the RBs to Charlie Burns but doesn't explain how he knows the Chief or how Burns knows of the Autobots' existence.

Not only is rampant unconfirmed speculation welcomed...

it's required! :D 

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They roomed together in college, but kind of lost track of eachother after graduation.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Is thread real? <.< >.>

How else would he know Prime, he saw the movies like everyone else and was so terrified of him he just did whatever he was told in fear of his very life!

Simple logic.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I think it was confirmed at some point that RB is supposed to be somewhat in continuity with Prime. Thus, the government knows about the Autobots. The government also uses Griffin Rock as a living R&D facility, since in "introducing" the main bots Chief Burns specifically mentions the town's "friends in Washington".

Since the Rescue Bots themselves are taking the place of the everyday rescue vehicle in futuristic Griffin Rock, it would make sense to at least let one of the Burns family know they're driving alien robots. Since Chief Burns is both the head of the family and essentially the foremost representative of the rescue services on Griffin Rock, he's the best choice to let in on the secret. And who better to tell him than the big OP himself?

5. Pauly T

News Credits:
    RB is in the same continuity as Prime, so they are connected, but the question is: what is the connection?

You ask me, Charlie Burns knows Agent Fowler somehow. Maybe Fowler is originally from Griffen Rock, ME. Maybe Fowler and Burns served together at some point. Hopefully, that connection is revealed in the eventual RB/Prime crossover.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Undoubtedly the same way Fowler knows him.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know. But I hope that they explain it to us in the future.

Really? I heard that it was some rockin' college party orgy. But then again, a friend of mine says that they used to get high together - more specifically, meth (for you, Wheeljack_Prime ;)  ) - behind main campus building after lunch break. Yours seems more plausible, though.

8. Autobot Burnout

The connection is the aligned continuity Hasbro has been trying to push since WfC came out as a kind of "continuity reboot/jumping off point", since somehow WfC and Prime are one and the same.

But what you seem to want is some stronger connection between two series that, quite frankly, might as well not exist outside of the fact both have Peter Cullen as Optimus. Even geographically, the two series could only be further apart since RB is somewhere in the New England States area and Prime is based in Jasper, Nevada.

Plus, your ideas about Fowler and Burns somehow having worked together is absolutely nonsensical in all honestly. Yes, they work with Autobots, but there's a big difference. While Chief Burns was the primary contact in RB, it's only because of his real job as the police chief of the town where the Rescue Bots got sent. Fowler, meanwhile is a trained Federal agent who pretty much IS a direct liaison between the government and the 'bots (mostly just damage control), and probably served in the Air Force since he has access to and can fly multiple types of aircraft including prototype jet fighters for just about any reason he wants to (robots fighting in the middle of nowhere? Better take this top secret one-of-a-kind jet fighter to investigate simply because I CAN).

9. Pauly T

News Credits:
    The Autobots' existence on earth is supposed to be a secret. The ultimate question this thread poses is: how well kept is that secret in the Aligned Continuity?

Initially, Burns intends to keep his own children in the dark about the RBs being alien life forms even though they are to work directly together until Cody discovers the secret, yet in the 1st episode it's already pre-established that Burns knows that Autobots exist and that Optimus is their leader. My question is: how is Burns brought into the circle of info?

10. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Chief Burns is actually Secret Agent Fowler in disguise. He's tired of the government always tracking him down every time he stops for doughnuts so he decided to steal a man's family and identity for the fun of it.

Where's the real Chief Burns you ask? Government secret.

Ok, Fowler locked him in the broom closet and threw away the key but don't tell anyone. Shhhh.

11. Autobot Burnout

First off, it can be assumed that for the most part, the TF's do a good job of hiding their true selves. Decepticons just blow everything up to cover their tracks, and Autobots have the government to cover theirs. RB bypasses this problem by simply having the robots disguised as themselves, and in more recent episodes they've gotten increasingly lenient on how far they can reveal themselves (I.E. in the Flobsters episode, they're addressing each other by name during rescue operations and when in public they are doing actions on their own and even talking freely).

Then, with the issue of the Chief keeping his own family in the dark, he probably wanted it that way for the exact reasons Optimus gives the Rescue Bots when they get their mission assignment (humans are comfortable with advanced technology, but may panic if they find out alien beings live among them). It was also mainly just a set up for the second episode, when much of the focus in on getting the humans and the RB's finally working in tandem and some major character building.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I heard the reason Prime has a faceplate now is because underneath he's got a wicked case of meth-mouth and he can't afford the dental bills to get it fixed on a Prime's salary.

They'll probably explain it as saying the government has been aware of, and secretly backing, the rescuebots for quite some time.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    So that's why his face looks like that! :lol 

But yeah, I agree. There's a lot of ways that they explain them knowing each other.