Rescue Bots- Episode 6 "Cody on Patrol"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WTDylio, Mar 17, 2012.

1. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Well, since no-one else has made a thread for this, I guess I might as well, come here to discuss the latest episode of Rescue Bots!! If you need a link, feel free to ask

2. WTDylio

News Credits:
    Great episode! Really enjoying the development for the characters coming with these episodes
    -And there I was thinking Cody was the smart one, then he shoves a ton of nano-bots into that tiny little engine :lol 
    -Poor Boulder, having to crush those trees when he was controlled
    -And i'm suprised, Dr Greene didn't have anything to do with the nanites, some-one else apparently was.....hmm...are we going to get some proper baddies soon??

3. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
    Liked the eps.
    What was that symbol on the nanobots canister at the end? Was that a Cybertronian symbol?

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Dat ending.

5. WTDylio

News Credits:
    I'm really intrigued by the ending, hopefully we might get a story-arc that may become more prominent later in the series??

6. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Been gone all morning so just now getting around to watching it, heh.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Link?

8. WTDylio

News Credits:
    PM'ed

9. dukemon22

dukemon22 New Member

This show gets better and better. It's definitely a nice side-show for Prime. The ending definitely means something- Heatwave mentions earlier in the episode that the machine's strength is "almost Cybertronian". I have a feeling some 'cons or MECH will be making a debut in Rescue Bots by the end of season 1.

10. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    We know they've been planning a crossover between the two, but I wasn't expecting it this soon. Freakin awesome!

11. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Ok finally finished it...

Yep...definitely interesting ending! Probably lead to some big things! This series really does keep getting better and better...I thought the Flobsters would be hard to top, but even then, each ep gives more and more.

Heatwave tho in one part, heh. "Huh, I guess it really could transform." Ha!

Too bad the show is taking a break now tho...what a damn way to leave us hanging!

12. WTDylio

News Credits:
    What.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

"It appears it doesn't respond to authority."

I love Chase so much.

14. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    I asked someone earlier, and they said it looked like reruns the next couple of weeks. That's why we don't have any info on any eps after this one.

I giggled at him in this ep, especially going off about vehicle laws too lol.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I've decided to post my thoughts on this series for the first time sense the first episode where I basically went... No Decepticons? LAME!

I've still been following the show however. (I think I have an addiction, I can't even turn away from a series that is obviously targeted to preschoolers. Time to start a Transformers rehab program.) Anyway, at one point when the junk scraping machine thing was being controlled by the nanites one of the rescue bots said it's almost Cybertronian and then at the end of the episode it was shown that they weren't even Doc Greene's inventions. This seems to be pretty obvious foreshadowing to some Cybertronian tech the only thing that really confuses me is that the symbol on the canister doesn't look like any Cybertronian marking I've ever seen before. Would be nice if there was a Decepticon insignia there.

Still it wouldn't be the first time a Transformers faction had their own insignia that wasn't Autobot or Decepticon so maybe that insignia is for some new Cybertronian faction.

The other question is how it got into Doc Greene's lab in the first place.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but something else I wanted to talk about. Bolder has a lot of similar characteristics to Bulkhead. I almost feel like the shows creators wanted to name him Bulkhead but Hasbro made them change it because Prime was already using the name. He's got a similar deep voice, large build, green paint scheme, large jaw, and similar personality to Animated and Prime Bulkhead. I'd be easy to confuse them for the same character. I keep wanting to call him Bulkhead also because I think Bolder is a stupid name, he's named after a freaking Rock Lord!

I have similar issues with pretty much everyone except Blades though his fear of heights reminds me of G1 Silverbolt only greatly exaggerated.

Chase is not really a bad name but what about Prowl or Streetwise? The original Chase wasn't even a police car and they got Blades on the team. Rescue Bots are kinda like Protectobots except there's only 4 of them and they don't combine.

Similarly why Heat Wave? First of all there's already Soundwave, Shock Wave, and Tidal Wave who are all Decepticons. This is the first instance of an Autobot with the Wave name and what exactly does Wave mean anyway? Is that similar to Prime? Anyway Optimus Prime is sometimes a fire truck, there's also Inferno and Hot Spot. How many freaking fire truck characters do we need?

I'm all for characters sharing alt modes I only really have a problem with these guys because there's not really anything that makes them stand out as their own character. Like Grimlock, Trypticon, and BW Megatron are obviously entirely different T-Rex characters. They all have well developed personalities so you can define them as more than just what they transform into. Heat Wave and Chase just seem like Inferno and Prowl to me. Specifically Chase reminds me of R.I.D. Prowl also the animation with their robot heads showing up to talk while they're in vehicle mode is similar to R.I.D.

Bolder isn't even the same vehicle as Bulkhead. Basically I'd just like to have better developed personalities as their own characters instead of being a rehash of another character with a new name for no apparent reason. That's also the same reason I don't really like Airachnid. She's too much like a new interpretation of Blackarachnia to be an entirely new character. Though to be fair these characters are still being developed so maybe at some point they'll truly define themselves as new characters rather than re-imagined old ones.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dat ending.

It would be even better if there was a Decepticon insignia on the canister. Then I'd REALLY be interested in this show.

17. PrimeIV

PrimeIV The sheep that got lost

Ebay:
    Tense enough that my son was legit scared for Cody. We're rewatching the flobsters and alien invasion, I quote "I don' wanna watch the manites (sic)"

I enjoyed this one. Plus with the canister's symbol and last episodes reporter claiming aliens were already in Griffin Rock, with its radio transmission of "10 ships in orbit," I think we are in store for some threats, beyond just rescuing folks from the run of the mill stuff. You know, volcanoes, flying lobsters, rampaging electric dinosaurs, the usual.

18. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

I am with everyone with saying that the ending was good!! top that off with a few ppl getting a bit suspicious about the bots.

19. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The next episode is not until April 14:
    Four Bots and a Baby: The Bots are enlisted to watch after Doc Greene's Robo-Baby.

No, seriously.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  20. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    ..If that was any other website, I'd be shouting LIAR to the heavens.

But right now I'm too busy laughing my ass off.

I hope that one's as good as the Flobsters episode.