Rescue Bots, Episode 18, 'Bumblebee to the Rescue' Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Jul 7, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

He still has a taser which is what I was pointing out. :p  Plus even British cops have night sticks which we have not seen Chase use but it's highly likely he has something close to it.

To the first part it's possible but personally I hope your wrong just because my version is way more interesting.

As for the second part. I'm not basing my opinion on nothing, I'm basing my opinion on known facts.

You're saying that they would be no good in combat simply because "they're not soldiers"

I'm saying that they might be good in combat because neither was Optimus Prime.

You're stating an absolute based on no evidence what so ever where I'm stating a possibility based on the success of other well known Autobots who were "not soldiers".

You're stating that they have no weapons based on no evidence what so ever. I'm stating that they could have weapons and just haven't needed to use them. I've also proved that statement wrong by pointing out that Chase does in fact have a taser. It's a non-lethal weapon but still a weapon so that statement that they have no weapons is wrong.

True they don't have the years of war experience. They were in stasis for most if not all of the war. But they would start out the same way Optimus Prime started out.

Apperently I was mistaken about Bolder. He did choose his because it looked powerful.

Chase however did ask Optimus "Is this was Earth authorities use for rule enforcement?" and Optimus nodded yes before he scanned it. And in case you haven't noticed Chase is always hung up on following and enforcing the rules suggesting that yes he was in fact a cop on Cybertron, and a good cop too sense he's always by the book not bending the rules to suit his desires.

Agreed but it would be better than nothing.

Well the Transformers are bigger than us and made of metal so I would imagine it would take a much bigger scalpel to cut one of them open hence why Ratchet's are so freaking huge.

But M.E.C.H. did take down Breakdown, and Bumblebee, and Starscream. Though it is a bit more realistic that it takes a whole army with high tech weapons to take down a single Transformers than in the movies where Transformers can be killed by a single human.

No we haven't. How the freak do they look anything a like at all?

Prime Bumblebee has the front of his car on his chest. Rescue Bots Bumblebee has his roof on his chest. That's a clear indicator that they are two entirely different designs and not just the same design in a different style.

G1 and Animated have roof chest but with both of them the front of the car turns into his feet however with Rescue Bots his feet are formed by the spoiler in the rear of his car. Hence it's not just a change in animation style, it's a totally different design.

And how can you not see that Rescue Bots Optimus Prime has the same freaking design as G1. Their vehicle modes, transformation, and color scheme are exactly the same. He's freaking G1 Optimus in a Rescue Bots style. He's not Prime Optimus in a Rescue Bots style because if he was then he would have the same vehicle mode, transformation, and color scheme as the Prime version.

Notice the very G1 square shoulders with the smoke stacks? Not the round shoulders that are formed by his roof. Notice the yellow eyes based off the G1 toy rather than the blue of Prime. Notice the grill on his stomach that Prime doesn't even have. Notice the "vent" looking panels on his legs that only freaking exist on G1 Optimus Prime. That is totally a stylized G1 Optimus Prime design. It looks nothing at all like Prime.

Now let me guess you're response is "designs don't matter" they're still Prime Optimus and Bumblebee. Right but what you don't seem to be getting is that I'm actually just talking about the designs. How do designs not matter in a debate about the designs.

I'm actually not trying to argue that they're not Prime Optimus and Bumblebee right now. I'm just saying that they don't LOOK LIKE Prime Optimus and Bumblebee. I'm not trying to argue that RB Optimus and G1 Optimus are the same character, I'm just saying that RB Optimus LOOKS LIKE G1 Optimus. Because you guys are saying that they look like Prime Optimus and Bumblebee which is simply not true when they have completely different designs not just styles.

Style change =/= Design change

No they haven't. They never specifically said everything new, they simply said EVERYTHING including WfC and Prime. So by their ACTUAL statement, every character ever from G1 to present are now the same characters as their past name sakes unless Hasbro says otherwise.

Of course this was said before either WfC or Prime were made and sense nothing they said was going to happen has shown up in the finished project that means it was said in the realm of "Subject to change" and never actually happened.

No he didn't. Prime Bumblebee doesn't have a freaking roof on his chest. He doesn't have a spoiler in vehicle mode. And the black stripes in vehicle mode are completely different. Hence they were totally different designs not just a different style.

Sound effects have nothing to do with how a character looks.

Being the same universe or not has nothing to do with how a character looks.

Having crossovers with another show have nothing to do with how a character looks.

What does have to do with how a character looks is the fact that RB Bumblebee has a freaking roof on his chest and Prime does not. They're obviously totally different designs and not simply a style change which means that he would have to scan a new vehicle mode in order to explain why they don't look anything alike.

The shows may be in the same continuity but can't be happening at the same time because that means that Optimus is scanning a new vehicle mode just to answer the phone.

Mentioned? He's actually USED IT in the show. I believe it was in one of the episodes with Doctor Morocco either against Trex when he was going out of control or against the Morbot. You can clearly see the sparks coming from... whatever that is suppose to be on his arm. It looks like a light of some kind but that being his door in vehicle mode I don't know what it's actually meant to be. But yes he has used his taser on the show.

And what is a Rescue Bot? Same thing as a Rescue Team on Earth which means Chase is obviously a cop sense with his personality there's nothing else he would be trained for.

Police vehicles, Ambulances, Fire Trucks, helicopters, and even some times construction vehicles can be used in rescues. Depends on the actual job.

So is Chase a construction worker? Nope otherwise he'd be jealous of Bolder. Is he a fire fighter? Nope, that was Heat Wave's job. Is he a doctor? Nope, I assume the team doesn't even have a Medic. Does he enforce rules? Yes so that must mean he's a cop.

Chief has also never needed to use a gun. I haven't really checked to see if there was a holster on his belt. I just assume he has one. Of course I never expect them to actually use it because this show is aimed at 3 to 6 year olds. Your age range is wrong by the way, try reading the toy packaging.

Anyway, I never said that Chase does have a gun, just that it's possible he has one.

Except that we don't really know what Optimus' reasons are. He never actually told them. He just said that as the last team of Rescue Bots they would be best suited for this mission. You're assuming that means they can't fight but it could just mean he needed someone to work with the Humans so that some day they won't have to hide anymore.

Also, even if he did think they couldn't fight doesn't mean they can't. The same thing has happened before. The Autobot Build Team in RID for example had no weapons, no fighting experience, and were kept out of danger just building tunnels for a space bridge. But they actually kicked aft when they finally did get into a fight.

Yeah, he said TEAMS. Ratchet is technically a Rescue Bot but presumably the rest of his team was killed.

You're assuming a lot there based on little evidence that could go either way.

The way I read it was that they simply didn't know Cybertron was uninhabitable and what they meant by Cybertron HQ was their head quarters back on their home world. They did in fact seem to know perfectly well who Optimus Prime was and were aw of seeing him in person for the first time. You can see a shocked expression on Heatwave's face when he steps out of the shadows in the pilot.

As for filling them in on other stuff off screen... that's just an assumption, one that is possible and your opinion, but not really one I agree with. It's simple as a difference in opinions.

If you crank up the power in a taser yes. Though I would assume a taser for a Cybertronian would put them into a temporary or permanent stasis lock. I'm not sure that it could actually kill them like it would a human. If you crank up the voltage for a human you could actually stop their heart rather than paralyze them temporarily.

Except that I'm not trying to make any argument against Prime and Rescue Bots being in the same Continuity. The only argument I am making is that Optimus and Bumblebee's designs are different in each show. You guys are trying to argue that the designs are the same and it's just a style difference which is obviously not true.

I don't even know what you're talking about. I haven't said anything about your intelligence. I'm just really irritated that your replies seem to be against a totally different argument that I'm not even making.

2. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    optimus learning how to fight was different. during the beginning of the i'm guessing sentinel was mostly in charge so optimus had lots of time to train plus when he got the matrix the collective memories of the primes helped alot, training takes time which they don't have. Ratchet was a field medic during the war so he was out there dicing up cons and patching up allies along the war hence ratchets fighting ability. I personally think griphon rock needs the team considering all the craziness that goes on there. I don't think anyone can honestly say that a lil combat training will prepair the rescue bots fight anything other than vehicon miners ( jets and car vehicon last longer ) imagine blades flying out in battle and dreadwing flys in, or soundwave, and insecticon? knockout maybe but he is a decent fighter. Not everyone is fit for battle, Heatwave maybe a possibly though he looks like he could go hand to hand.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Here I made this quick and somewhat sloppy mock up of what Prime Bumblebee would actually look like in Rescue Bots style.

I had to move the wheels on his feet to match where they are in Prime. Modify his legs and chest. The chest was actually too difficult to do so I slapped the actual one from Prime on there and painted over it. The shoulders I had to redo so he has forward facing tires. The lower arms, head, and doors on his back were the only parts I didn't have to mess with to make him look more like Prime.

The real one is a new design not simply an existing one rendered in a different art style.

Attached Files:

4. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (off the topic)
    Blades is cute. I love him.
    If I post a poll that asks "who is your favorite rescue bots?", Blades will definitely get the largest vote. :lol 

5. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

Blades. Still don't know how I feel about Blades. At first I liked him, and then I didn't like him, and then I thought he was kinda cool, and then I thought not, and now I just don't know. I liked him in this episode, but still couldn't decide how I felt about him. The way he looks up to Bumblebee and his resolve to prove himself to him, though, was a pretty cool characterization gimmick. But I still don't know. I love hearing Parvesh Cheena voice him, though. I wish he did more.

EDIT: I just realized that Axel Frazier or-whatever-his-name-was wasn't in the episode.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's the interaction between all of them that's gold - they all have their amusing quirks, Chase has raised his game lately quite a lot Boulder had a couple of Good Episodes Heatwave often raises a chuckle. Blades is a complete loon (in a good way).

But all of them together have one wonderful aspect to them played for laughs or not they've done more to Humanise Transformers than any other show or media I know of.

After watching this show you are very clearly shown they are "Alien Life Forms" and not just "Some robot". They hammer that home repeatedly. which is just another reason why it's one of the best Transformer show ever made to me at the moment.

That's partly because the TV show has so little to do with the "Toy Universe" but if they decide to let Bumblebee hang out more they might give him a partner - or they might just let him hang with Cody as he's the only fleshy one who can understand him.

I could see the show adding a "Mechanic" character to the show - it might make a nice adjunt to Doc Green and Graham. likewise they might make more of the idea of other locations the Bots can hang out like a Garage or The Police Station - (which the other playsets are). That wouldn't be such a problem with the island so riddled with tunnels as it is.

I would expect that they will reboot the toy line next year though and make toys that match the TV show rather than go to far with making the show like the toyline - after all they'd want to keep selling some version of the main characters as toys and rebooting the toy line achieves that easily.

I just hope I can get Boulder and the other couple of tools before they replace the old stuff completely though.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
  8. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Funny, on my FB page, Blades is winning, with Heatwave trailing right behind lol

9. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it weird that I like Bumblebee in this series more then the one in TF Prime?

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I know, I looked at my old response and at the time, I didn't care much for Boulder or Heatwave. :eek: 
    Strange how being a little further in the series and the writers having the time to bring out the characters flaws and strengths can change how we feel about them. I enjoy each and everyone of them too....the writers have done an excellent job 'fleshing out' the bots.

Not weird I guess, but perhaps you liked the hero worship he received from the RB's and how easily he blended with the crew. Bee really doesn't have that type of life or admiration in TFP, which tends to be darker and more about saving the planet from the Cons.
    This series doesn't seem to have an ongoing character that they haven't fleshed out well..human or bot.

12. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

For the record, I think Chase is my favorite Rescue Bot so far.

I can kinda see that. Bumblebee was less of an apprentice in this episode, and more of an admirable hero. You got less of the "follower" vibe, which appears to variably irk some people.

13. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

No not really. Although I really like Bee in TFP it was great to see him actually have an active part in the show. Not just part of the background. He interacted with the humans, the bots and was truly involved. It has me wanting to see more of him in the show like that.

Did he actually have more lines in that one RB show that he has in the whole TFP series? :p 

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Sorry to bring this thread back, but I finally got around to watching it. I really enjoyed it.

-Really liked Blades wanting to prove himself.
    -The nice little detail of the noise when they inadvertently reverted back to vehicle mode was sweet. It sounded 'unnatural', which is great.
    -Nice to hear from Optimus again too.
    -And of course all of the references to the TFP/RB universe being the same. *crosses fingers for crossover*

Also, it seems that even in RB trees are super strong and capable. A 2 ton robot can climb up and rest on a branch at the tippy-top of the tree without breaking it. :lol