Rescue Bots, Ep 5, Alien Invasion of Griffin Rock

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Mar 11, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Usually Sol Fury makes a thread but I didn't see another thread for this ep, if there is, please merge.

Love that the 'newshound' is searching for dirt on Alien Invasions...a la War of the Worlds Halloween broadcast.

Chase is a shamless rebel who wants a 'wheel boot' :D 

Truly a fun episode today, loved all the movie "Alien' references, they didn't really miss out on too many movie nods. Don't want to spoil with names yet..

The Rescue Bots got to have some of the best lines in this one...and by their movie choices we get a little peek into their personalities...some easy to guess and one was a little surprise, I think... Heatwave likes the war movies, Chase wanted Action movies with car chases, Blades wanted a comedy and awwww..Boulder wanted to watch a romantic movie. Gotta watch the quiet ones. :thumb 
    Of course Cody tries to show them an Historical movie, but more of an Alien movie which didn't really impress the bots...and then the trouble ensues......"the sky began falling" and the bots had to help with all sorts of Alien problems.

Gotta love how the cows kept showing up at almost every Alien sighting. Moooooo!

Wouldn't you know another Dr. Green project causes trouble for the Island. Dr. Green's inventions should be Rescue Bot Approved before humans use them. :) 

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Guess I'll make some comments on Thurs...

3. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Whattttttt??? Maxxie, thought you had the HUB, awww heck.

4. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    No lol...I have to wait on uploads like about 90% of the RB fans here do. And since the upload never happened...have to wait for Thurs. Sadly, most RB fans can't even do that cause of the stupid US only thing.

5. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    I would help ya out if I could...but I don't have all the goodies for that.

As for the US only thing...that's kinda sad when I thought I saw a Hasbro news item bragging about their shows shown all over the world..guess just not at the same time as US.

6. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    I know a few friends who record the show, but don't have the set up to put it online.

It's the website that's giving people grief. I think the shows themselves are going more globally with the TV, but not the website, which is a shame because it's alienating viewers.

7. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Same here, going to vm's now. :) 

8. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    I guess I don't get it...we can get like 50 different uploads of Prime, but not a single RB. *sad*

Anyways, sounded like a great ep to get to know the bots better...stuff like this I feel is missing a bit from Prime. I mean, what did the 'Bots do in their off time? Or even before the war? We know Prime...maybe Ratchet...and...that's it? You never really hear of their interests or anything in Prime, so I guess I don't get as attached to the characters that way.

9. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    I think with RB, you have them 'assigned' to learn more about humans as their mission, whereas TFP 'accidentally' had humans discover who they are.

Thankfully Cody is trying his best to show them more about Earth culture and what humans do and enjoy, which gives us a chance to know these bots better. Hopefully the RB team will give us more episodes showing their 'education'.

Also, irrc, Hasbro wanted RBs to be an introuduction to Transformers for the kiddies...which the more I see of this show, the more I think it is a great introduction. Let the kids grow up a little b4 they are exposed to the Cybertronian war and all that comes with that. My nephew, who's 7, loves this series...so for him at least, mission accomplished.

For me, it's just a fun series...it's nice to have a few laughs and not worry about somebot coming to rip out a spark or two. :thumb 

10. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    I know, I think that's why RB reminds me of Yuusha (and in particular, J-Decker). It's great to see more interactions in the relationships between the bots and humans, which I loved in those other shows. I still feel like we get to know the bots better in this show than in Prime cause it goes more into their interests, which I hope will later maybe show some of the things they did on Cybertron too.

And yes, it's a great show for introducing younger kids to TFs, but I also feel it's got some great characters and interactions even older people can enjoy. Everyone in this show has a lot of personality, which is great. I also like the show for the fact that it's something other than war in Transformers. I mean, come on...they had more than just war in their life, it's nice to see something different for a change.

11. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I now have an image in my head of Blades sticking his hand up Goldymarg's ass and wielding the Goldion Hammer. It is glorious.

12. frost_fenix

frost_fenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a youtube or download link for the episode? Much appreciated :) 

13. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    We wish! The guy who usually records it's cable was down so no one except those who had the hub saw it :( 

14. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Ugggggggggggghhh need.....to....watch this.....why is this show barely ever on? Apparently it's only repeated once, so there's little chance of some-one else getting to record it

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots is just now starting On Demand here. All the episodes of Orion Pax are up, but they just added Rescue Bots pilot episode to the lineup, even so I'd only be able to watch it on Fridays.

I made a request on a pirate board or two to see if one of them can come through, but I sincerely doubt it. Ugh, why is this series so hard to watch? I can get 50 different links to Spartacus, but zero to Rescue Bots?!?

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was very puzzler that ever reporters get crazy about Aliens. Like teachers went crazy about fairies!

17. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Well-Known Member

Anyone care to pm me a link to this episode?

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I need a link.

19. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    We can't give what doesn't exist.

20. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    There aren't any....at least not yet. The guy who uploaded it last week had no cable so he couldn't record it.....gahhh, there isn't even a description on TFWiki either...