Rescue Bots Communicator App (Custom for iPad for my Son)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BradHerman, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BradHerman

BradHerman New Member

1st Post. Hi.

Who am I? Short Short Version, G1 & Toy Fan, no MIB, all played with. Dad of 2, oldest is 4 and plays with my 27 year old G1 toys. He is a hardcore fan of Rescue Bots and we watch it together. Wife loves that he can transform the Rescue Bots Toys himself. He has cancer and that's a huge part of our lives, he doesn't get to get out much.

Ok that may have been the medium short version.

Anyway back to the post at hand. Watching , e9 - Christmas in July today and Cody broke out a portable Rescue Communicator instead of going back to the firehouse. I thought to myself that my Son would love to have one of those. He talks to his bots and takes them everywhere. In fact they all transform and are setup to watch the episodes with us. As it happens I make Apps as a hobby, in-between making a custom new card board rescue bot today (He named him Roller) and general playing around I made him the Rescue Communicator. It features photos of his toys and it's kind of like FaceTime for Transformers. I made a little trailer of it in use and posted it to youtube. The link is below. My question for the Rescue Bots fans here is this, what do you think? and would you want it?

RescueCOM Trailer - YouTube

P.S.
    He told me I left out his Bumblebee from the App and I needed to fix that in the morning. Guess I know what I need to do in the morning.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wish you and your son all the best.

As for the Ap, I'd suggest getting an audio capture of "Rescue Bots, Roll to the Rescue!" as Heatwave says when they all roll out and have it play when the big red button at the bottom is pushed.

3. BradHerman

BradHerman New Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I have added HW's quote to the app and my son loves it. I put the Rescue bot logo in the lower left and made tapping it play the clip. I did add both bumblebee and another transformer to the app. Then this morning he said I need to add his Kade toy with his sprayer machine. Looks like I need to find a good spot for more buttons, just have to go off canon.
    Any suggestions?