Rescue Bots Cast to appear at BotCon 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matty, May 21, 2013.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    None.

2. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only watched the first few Rescue Bots episodes, but thought they were pretty decently scripted and acted so I have no issue with the hunior show having a presence.

My own view on voice actors is that once you get past that moment of "oh my god that voice I loved as a kid is coming out if that dudes mouth" it doesnt really matter what they have been in, it's all about how interesting a guest they are. Of course its even better if they do a voice you like, but Scott McNeil or David Kaye or Gregg Burger would still be entertaining guests at any convention even if you have never seen a show they have been in.

My favourite VA appearance wasnt even in person. The guy who voiced Jetfire in ROTF Mark Ryan did a skype Q&A at Auto Assembly a few years ago. When it started I thought I was going to have no interest, but he told some good stories, gave some interesting information on the filming process and managed the always difficult trick of answer some terrible, stupid, moronic questions with genuinely interesting answers.

Having said that I personally am more interested in script reading than Q&A so with so many of the cast in attendance I hope thats what we get. The two we got in 2011 and the one in 2008 where all excellent.

3. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea, but possibly it's one of those areas that Hasbro has some input.

And no offence to Levar Burton is he even considered top tier? That is a question rather than an opinion. It's a long time since I did the conventions in the UK but I would have but most of the TNG cast (patrick Stewart aside) in the mid range of guests, above reoccurring characters, but not the headliners, at least at larger events anyway.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It's opinion, perhaps, but I'm thinking anyone who appears in the main credits of a Trek series (in every season of that series, no less) qualifies.

(There may be a few others who don't fit that criteria I'd include, too, especially for TOS, but that's a good baseline, it seems to me)

5. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need a kid to watch Rescue Bots?!?!? Damn! At least nine months without fun :( 

Seriously, Rescue Bots is a funny series and, to me, is better than Transformers:p rime.

And, is good to remember, we need young fans if we want to have Transformers in the future.

6. Foster

News Credits:
    I'd consider "top tier" consistent with "regular cast", with guest stars like John DeLancie kinda being the mid tier.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome.

I hope Sumalee Montano and Daran Norris become guests here as well. They didn't attend in BotCon 2011...it would be nice if they were here as well. maybe Michael Ironside as well but that'd be a stretch and he is probably busy.

8. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Man, a Botcon I wish I could go to! That would be so cool, I love RB so much more than Prime!

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think my statements are being taken out of context here.

I'm not saying you need a kid to watch this series ... nor do I disagree that we need young fans to carry on the franchise.

My point: at this point in time (meaning, BotCon still has time to reveal more guests, although it's late) it feels like this convention is out of touch with the core of the Transformers Fandom.

EDIT: I suppose I should add in my opinion to that statement ... IMO.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  10. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    I feel u man I feel u man !!!

11. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots is one of two major TF series which Hasbro have going at the moment. I'd be surprised if the main TF convention completely ignored a huge chunk of the brand. It would be like if they ignored Animated at BotCon 2007 and focused completely on the movie.

12. Foster

News Credits:
    It's a bigger chunk of the brand than Machine Wars. I'm for a set of Rescue Bots redecoes for the next box set!

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Well good news for Rescue Bots fans...like me, maybe they will finally announce the starting air dates for Season 2. :thumb 

Also, when do we get a DVD for Season 1??? Inquiring minds want to know--I need to clean up my DVR. :popcorn 

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love a Rescue Bots box set, but I think there is probably a better chance of an all Bumblebee box set.

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm very glad I'm not going to this Botcon. I'm really not sure which part of the fandom they're catering to, but Machine Wars, Rescue Bots, and MLP are probably not where the majority of fan interest lie.

I've been a supporter of FunPub and company in the past, but I'm not sure where the decision making process failed for this convention. Perhaps all the cool guests and souvenirs Botcon was supposed to have were delayed by overseas forces beyond their control.

16. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    FunPub have GOT to get more than one Transformers Fan on staff.... as we are a different demographic to GIJoe fans. (I actually went around last year's BotCon, asking a number of the staff if they were Transformers fans YET after 8 years doing BotCon... Nup, not one. Which means they don't understand us enough to cater for us, while most of their resources are focused on creating & selling heaps of toys like MIB did in 1996... and we saw how that ended their support by the fandom.)

The line-up this year is so underwhelming, and FunPub probably wonder why they can't sell the boxsets. The major announcements so far from/for BotCon - kiddie Rescue Bots, girly My Little Pony, two recent Voice Actors that have done back-up roles, a massive over-exposure of artists that mostly have past or no official capacity with Transformers... and are we going to get any Gen1 voice Actors this year?
    I feel bad for those who are going to this one as their first BotCon.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Griffin, you said exactly what I was thinking. Everything about this year is looking very bleh.

18. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    Of course they don't care they get paid for this and all the other G1 VA are going to other shows maybe they see FB blows now. But wht do I know they got my $$$$

19. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm excited to see actors who are currently working on a Transformers show at the convention. G1 actors are great and all, but when they have not thought about those characters in over 20 years (and possibly have a hard time remembering the characters), its not an exciting panel. I'd rather have people who are excited about what they are currently doing. Who knows, maybe some feedback/questions from the panel will help shape the next season of Rescue Bots.

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm surprised to see folks blaming FunPub for the MLP crossover cover. I'm pretty sure they had absolutely nothing to do with that. BotCon's just the place that's happening. I don't think FunPub actually asked IDW to it.