Rescue Bots are awesome

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Aug 21, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Yes, they are! Instant hit with my 2.5-year-old daughter. First Bumblebee's Garage. Then Heatwave and the little Axel Frazier and Charles Burns figures. The robots are sturdy, cute, easy and fun to transform and all kids like to play with little figures. Yesterday, I went for a bike ride with her and she asked me if she could bring Axel and Charles so she could play with them in her trailer. Even my 10-month-old son is showing interest, he likes to roll the Speed Stars-like Bumblebee car down the ramp and on the floor. Got Prime and Bumblebee for my personal collection, but I'll more than likely end up buying another pair for them.

Strangely enough, my daughter never got that much interested in FABs, Activators (the DOTM ones are especially terrible), Bumper Battlers and the likes. Probably has something to do with the movie style... Deformed Megatron and Starscream still aren't cute enough, their heads are scary!

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do look very adorable on shelves. I was actually tempted to pick one up, but I have been spending too much recently. The only thing I don't quite like is how the packaging is so open and vulnerable to the elements (and children).

3. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

agreed, my two boys love them..2 1/2 and almost 4 months old. The little one watches big brother play with all of them with his prime station. Good fun for kids... who would have thought our childhood play things would extend this far??

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

My 4 year old loves them!!! Yes, he can do others like Silverbolt, Bendy Prime....but. he loves these. He is able to race them around and yell "Transform!" and instantly have the robot. Awesome figures. Can't wait for the next wave.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I don't have any kids, but I sure do love them! I got Prime and Heatwave and can't wait to see some more releases! I was also really fond of the GoBots from a few years back.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had to get Optimus and his Chief friend. Make get Bee, but that will be it for this line. They are great toys to inttroduce childeren to Transformers.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've got Optimus. Optimus is awesome.

8. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Yep.

9. UNI Prof

UNI Prof Well-Known Member

They are wonderful toys. I've mentioned this in a few other threads, but I'm glad you started this one as well. The toys are very durable and brilliantly designed. The transformations are incredibly easy, yet it's not immediately clear that each vehicle has to turn into a robot (the alt modes are well-done/hidden).

We currently have all of the transformable versions (Prime, Bee, and Heatwave) and look forward to the next wave (which looks amazing).