Rescue Bots Academy trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Michael Payton, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I tried comicbooks.com but your add filled site just kept crashing and the video would never load. In fact, it would crash while loading the ad BEFORE your "exclusive" video.

So I went to YouTube.

But I really did TRY to use your site. Really. You just cluttered it all to hell.

(Also, pours some out for Bender/Jane Whirl and prepares himself for Nautica Whirl. Eh? It's different, not good or bad yet. And Rescue Bots have done alright by me so far.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NominusDP

NominusDP Well-Known Member

But didn't Unicron stop being a multiversal singularity in a Fun Publications story? Same with the Thirteen and Primus

3. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

Looks like it could be a fun enough kids' show.

I wouldn't expect anything mind-blowing for adults, but for what it's trying to be and the audience it's trying to reach I really like what I have seen so far. Whirl's my favorite, even though she's little like her namesake, but at this point in time I don't expect all or even most characters to be much like their original namesakes, so I'm fine with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    WHAT KIND OF MAN SENDS BABIES TO TRAIN WITH ME?!?!

No but seriously this show looks really cute, I hope it's a big hit. I like that the characters are definitely meant to be references to earlier, but less well-known characters, and that they went for some deep cuts in the lore to get them.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I hope we get a full cast reveal soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

I'd like it if they gave this Whirl the IDW Whirl's personality.

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I like Autobots like IDW Whirl as much as anyone, but in this context I don't think that characterization would fit in all honesty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Looks and sounds the show will be alright. But I’ll wait and see.

Now for that Cyberverse trailer...

• Like Like x 1
  9. TLP

TLP Well-Known Member

Was this ever confirmed? I think both Hasbro and Boulder Media have danced around that subject. Even when Hasbro mentioned the word "reboot" in that one interview ("How would you reboot Transformers?"), it's such a broad, sometimes misused word in the industry. I'm not sure what they really meant.

I'll wait and see. Although even the "Evergreen" designs seem to vary slightly, and Optimus in RBA leans more towards the Cyberverse one than most of the other "Evergreen" ones.

Agreed. Horrible adware and ad spamming, plus they force you to disable Ad Blocker. Even then, their videos lag like crazy.

As if the blatant clickbait in many of their articles wasn't enough...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Not sure where's it been confirmed yet that Cyberverse is a new continuity, but that seems to be the direction it's going in how it's a merging of all continuities. So like my "brave and the bold" example, it may not ever be directly stated "it's a reboot", but it will have quite a lot of variances to previous media versions and merged continuity. The toys alone rather say that with the G1 Grimlock and the new Stingers Bumblebee has as inspired from his animated version.

Though RBA might be same continuity to Cyberverse loosely too. But that's never been stated directly and may have more to do with the synergistic practices of modern hasbro, but RBA is supposed to be a direct continuation of previous Rescue bots too. So it may be rather loose with the continuity some when it comes to Cyberverse.

So it may be more like RB/RBA are universal constants. With every universe having a version of them. Which is why they can cameo in RID, or RID can cameo in it, but then potentially Bumblebee can co-exist through all as his voiceless version(RB version has the stingers too in one of his toys I think), until Cyberverse's voiced version cameos. Though doubtful since the VA can't do both voices if one's union and the other's not, so more likely if Bee cameos, he'll be voiceless again. Prime might be the biggest reveal on that if Cullen is voicing him in Cyberverse but not RBA. But no clue on that. Haven't been following voice cast announcements on Cyberverse.

Designs being being synergistic but tweaked per art style though is expected. That's more because of marketing than it is about continuity.

It's best not to think too hard about it tbh. Enjoy the ride and easter eggs/nods.

Cause if you think too hard about it you'll notice other little issues too like how it doesn't exactly line up to TF Prime originally, and even if it takes place between Prime to then RID. Bumblebee was voiceless in RB and Bumblebee had gotten his voice back at the end of Prime. Plus where Optimus went at the end of Prime to before coming back in RID, and other little things like that. Small inconsistencies that make the universes not line up, but still fun that they cameo each other and then did RID references.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The designs look okay, rather chibi-fied.

12. NominusDP

NominusDP Well-Known Member

Again , there are no more so called "universal constants" in the TF multiverse. Ever heard of the Shroud? (tfwiki.net/wiki/Shroud)

13. jfetch

jfetch Well-Known Member

All the robot babies are cute as heck! This looks like it will be a really fun show for the kids. I'm excited! I hope my niece will get into it. Whirl looks like she's going to be super cool.

So why is Peter Cullen not voicing Optimus Prime? Was that ever explained? Did he do Op's voice in the previous Rescue Bots?

14. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    They just wanted to recast everyone. Peter Cullen did voice Optimus Prime in the original Rescue Bots series.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

Well, if Hasbro wanted a cheaper looking version of Rescue Bots, with lower production values, looks like they succeeded.

A quality show kids & adults can enjoy is a rare thing and it sells toys big tine, only Hasbro could mess that up.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    And only TF fans could complain about a show intended for toddlers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I think they said "Fresh Start" and the Fans herd "G1 Reboot", so honestly we won't know until a few episodes air; but the Character list does point to a full Reboot, and the entire first season will be Wingblade restoring Bumblebees Memories.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Thats a nice fresh take on Prime I approve!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    RB was union voice work, RBA is non-Union. You can't use a union VA in a non-union work.
    Not because they wanted to re-cast everyone, more because they wanted to give other areas a shot at voicing iconic roles in a series where they can do that. Like IIRC, the guy that's voicing Prime for RBA is a fan that's always dreamed of wanting to voice Prime in an official toon, but he's non-union.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Well the only problem with that is that I actually LIKED a lot of the RescueBots cast. LeVar Burton, Lacy Chebart, Steve Blum, Parvesh Cheena. Heck, Maurice LaMarche's Chief Burns is the most inspiring leader since Picard.

I could see economic reasons for the change but it kinda sucks tossing all that has come before.

• Like Like x 3