Rescue Bots Academy trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Michael Payton, Apr 6, 2018.

1. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame That bishie jerkface

I'd rather this Whirl then Deadpool knockoff.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

I think knockoff is a bit harsh.

3. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

:eek:  What the fuck is that!?

4. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    THEY'RE LIKE LITTLE BABIES!!
    Tiny Hot Shot is adorable.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I think the kids nowadays would say he’s “totes adorbs” or some such nonsense.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Hot shot is totes adorbs!

• Like Like x 4
  7. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame That bishie jerkface

Also, Hot Shot x Whirl is my OTP now.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    This looks adorable! It's still a shame none of the old VA are returning but I'm glad Cullen is having a rest, I sometimes worry that they're overworking him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Black Transformers fan

News Credits:
    I saw the trailer earlier but I have to say I’m not excited for this and I’m might watch this just so I can complete my tally of Transformers shows cos I have seen every single Transformers show except for the Japanese iterations.Cant wait to see the Cyberverse trailer though it looks more interesting.

10. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Peter isn’t going to play Optimus, I would like a fresh take on the voice, like what Gary and David did in beast wars and animated. This whole Peter Cullen impersonation is not good. Didn’t like it in combiner wars and don’t like it here. Other than that, I can’t wait for this show. The new bots are cute, and my 3 year old son is starting to get into transformers. We just started the original rescue bots together and this is right up hos alley.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, it's kinda iffs me that they are trying to make some voice actors try to make them try and EMULATE Peter Cullen, i know he's the most iconic take on Optimus (For a multitude of reasons, but primarily because the obligatory 80's nostalgia.)

I know, right? I do like how the new recruits are like elementary school kids in a way. And yeah, Poor Cullen has been doing ALOT of Optimus Prime voice work, the man deserves the break to be honest.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    You are correct. Academy picks up from Rescue Bots which was tied to RID and Prime.

Cyberverse is new continuity, though it will be drawing on elements from all continuities. Cyberverse is kind of a reboot, but it's a reboot that'll reference a lot of old continuity from all shows likely. The best comparison for Cyberverse (before a trailer drops) is that it's like Brave and The Bold with how it handles the wider lore. Similar but different, so that old time fans can recognize stories and lore, but new fans won't feel alienated.

Cyberverse will be mixing elements from all over, including animated and likely even some bits from RID and Prime. But it won't be directly a continuation of any.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

I’m intrigued.

14. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

I thought they changed Hot Shot's design since the last news piece, but no he's the same. He just didn't have the Rescue Bot mouth where the lower jaw is a plank of metal.

15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is Peter Cullen and who is this guy.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like all the character designs, but there’s something about this trailer that’s just not clicking for me. Not feeling the excitement.

But then again, I was watching a couple clips from the later seasons of RB last night & was getting that same feeling. Like, the tone of the show had changed somehow. Can’t explain it (especially since I was just watching a couple stray clips & not full episodes).

If I had to peg it on something, it would be the seeming lack of human/bot interaction & the shift in focus towards more action, less informative storytelling. But again, maybe that happened in RB itself. I’m still only in season 2, so I can’t say for sure.

17. JoshimusPrime1993

JoshimusPrime1993 Rev up and Roll out!

News Credits:
    I\'m aware that Peter Cullen isn\'t vocing Optimus Prime this time, but the guy that\'s vocing Optimus isn\'t doing a very good job. 

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

And I couldn’t agree more. I love Kaye. He’s my favorite Optimus. But if you’re going to not have Cullen, why bother making him sound like Cullen? Do something new instead of imitating something done already.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Wow, they actually got someone else to voice Optimus Prime instead of Peter Cullen.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sigh.

Okay, continuity geeks, if you must have an explanation, Rescue Bots are like Unicron. Their island in Maine is located on a hyperlink dimensional hot spot like the Bermuda Triangle. It exists in every universe at once. Even if we never heard them mentioned, they were just off camera.

Every time Optimus or Bumblebee appear, it is that universe's incarnation crossing the hyperdimensional veil. Our visial perception only sees one version over another because of the dimensional shifting. If we were watching Rescue Bots in 1984, we would have seen the G1 versions. In some realities, you would see the Bayformers instead. No faces were removed in that universe. The dimensional shift carries a forced G Rating.

Similar or same names are explained by how humans have two blokes named Michael or David. There's like 8 million people in London alone named Muhammad. We're still more confusing at this than they are.

There's an answer to everything here, if you finish your coffee and massively over think it all. :) 

• Like Like x 2