Requiem for a GameCube

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by misterd, Feb 28, 2007.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Well, my Cube died for a second time Saturday night. Not gonna bother getting it repaired this time, but I will miss it, even if I didn't play so much with it of late.

From Rogue Squadron to Eternal Darkness, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and RE4, I had a blast with it. I'm sorry it didn't get more support, but it won't stop me from loving my little black box.

Of course, that means I need to find a Wii somewhere. We're now two months past XMas, and they're still selling for over $300 on eBay, and nowhere to be seen on any store shelves. Oddly, this makes me happy, as it means Nintendo is doing something right with gamers.

In the meantime, I've scarffed up enough clearance XB games to keep me busy for a couple of months. Hopefully the Wii will be more plentiful come June.

2. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    ah, go buy a used GC to hold you till the Wii is more plentiful. They aren't that expensive.

3. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

The secret to finding a Wii is timing. for Gamestop they stock first thing in the morning so you ahve to camp the door. It's best to call and ask the previous day if they're expecting a stock, though they don't always know. You can also risk it and call that morning and hope they're still there by the time you arrive.

Wal Marts and Target are SUPPOSED to restock at midnight but in practice they restock mid day. I picked my Wii up at 4:30PM on a Saturday.
    If you're in good with the electronics guys they know when the shipments are on their way so you can ask what days to check.

But you definitely can't stroll in mid evening and expect any to be left.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

when i got mines, it was on a Thursday, and it was around 4pm. They had two sitting there. When i bought one, they called in the back to bring out another one (overheard on the walkie-talkie that there were 2 in the back).

By the next morning, it was all gone

Fred Meyers get's their shipments in the afternoon (was looking for Wii Play when the worker told me this)

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Dude, do you SMOKE around your gaming systems? If so, cigarette smoke KILLS the laser reader in most gaming systems and clings to some conductive elements on the circuitboards.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

6. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Nope, no smoking.

A friend's kids were playing it in mid-crash, but I can't think of anything they did to cause it.

The first time it went was when Wind Waker was released, and I remember a lot of other systems going down at that time as well.