Request: Beasties (Canadian Beast Wars) opening

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by JonLeung, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this but I've been looking on the Internet for the opening sequences of "Beasties" with absolutely no success.

As Transformers fans likely know, the Canadian network, YTV, worked closely with Mainframe Entertainment to create CG shows like ReBoot, Beast Wars: Transformers, and War Planets (among others). However, YTV supposedly didn't like the use of the word "Wars", and so the latter two were named "Beasties" and "Shadow Raiders" for the local Canadian market. (Ironic that ABC thought ReBoot's third season was too violent, but that's another story altogether...why has the Canadian/American border been so troublesome for Mainframe?)

Though the name "Beasties" is ridiculous, it really sounds like it was what it was originally recorded as - at least that's how I remember it, as the "WARS!" always sounded tacked on, as if it was recorded separately. Plus, the original "Beasties" opening, or at least Season 1's as far as I know, is longer - I would guess as long as the end credits. Ever since seeing the American "Beast Wars" opening, I've always felt it to be very truncated.

Now that I'm rewatching all of Beast Wars (and eventually Beast Machines) on DVD in a one-episode-a-day marathon, I've been keen on finding the original "Beasties" openings again. YouTube gives me numerous videos of the American versions - you would think that Canada, with one tenth the population, could at least have a similar fraction of them be "Beasties", but no...

I guess that was kind of wordy. Please post if you know where "Beasties" openings can be found, thanks!

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I wish I could help, but your thread is the first I've heard of "Beasties." That name is incredible, and if you dig up the intro, I'd love to see it. It sounds like you may be onto something with the "WARRRS!" being tacked on...like they were shouting over the original title, which again conjures up some awesome images.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

As a Canadian fan, I too have wanted to find the "Beasties" variant of the series intro with no luck. PLEASE for the love of Primus, someone find this holy grail!

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BEASTIES!! I remeber when I first saw the american version. it sounded so wierd to me.

5. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    You don't want to hear it. Leave it in the past and forget it ever existed. Seriously.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why? Nothing you said made any sense or was constructive in any way.

Why should he "leave it in the past?" Why shouldn't he ask for help finding something he wanted to see again. Beasties wasn't a bad title and it's not like there was anything wrong with the show or theme song.

7. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Actually I have it on one of my Beast Wars DVD's I can't remember which one but I do think it should stay in the past, no offence to the Canadians :) 

8. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Relax. I was referring only to the title, not the show itself. I think most will agree that choosing "Beasties" as the title to replace "Beast Wars" was a horrible decision and further "kid-ified" it. Back in the 90s when it was on, a large majority of the online fandom hated it, including me. Second, I LIKED the show, I think it's the best of all the TFs series to-date. And third, RELAX!

9. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ditto!