Reprolabels vs TFStickers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm curious, has anyone purchased from TFStickers.com before? If so how is the Quality compared to the more well known Reprolabels? Just curious, they seem to have better prices on some of the bigger sets I need but if the quality is not up to par I don't want to waste my money. Any info about these guys would be great. TY

2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFStickers does not really do factory stickers, while Reprolabes deals with every sticker. So I think the extra price from Reprolabes is justified solely on that reason. If you not looking to re sticker everything then TFS is just as good as Repro.

edit: LoL forgot to answer your question. Reprolabes is better quality but for some reason I think TFS is more closely to the original stickers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I hadn't noticed that TFStickers didn't include the factory applied stickers with most of their sets, I'm glad you pointed that out. The do offer a full set of Metroplex stickers though for about $10 less than Reprolabels and that's one of the sets I need. Maybe I'll just use them for the few sets that I don't need all the sticker for.

If anybody else has any input on them, please, by all means share. :D 

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

TFStickers are pretty good quality. On occasion, the glue can be a bit weak, so some stickers that're meant to be applied across curved surfaces or over edges might not adhere properly unless said surfaces are extremely clean. In most instances, they feel and look like the original stickers right down to their presentation, though quality can vary. Shipping is fast and the prices are better than Reprolabels for Transformers with large numbers of factory stickers (such as Optimus Prime, Trypticon, or Metroplex) since you can purchase them separately from the regular ones. As mentioned elsewhere, though, one major disadvantage is that they don't offer many factory label sheets. They have some stickers that Reprolabels doesn't, such as the ones for the Japan-only train combiner Raiden.

Reprolabels are very good quality, are very durable, will stick to anything, and can be applied, peeled off, and reapplied a few times before the glue starts to weaken. The turnaround time can vary greatly depending on how busy they are. One big disadvantage with them is that some sheets come as a set (such as the Insecticons, Omnibots, Mini Vehicles, and almost all combiners) and you can't purchase factory and regular stickers separately, so you may end up with a lot of stickers you don't need. Another is that, on occasion, the stickers turn out a bit pixelated and the colors can be significantly different from the original stickers, though this problem has been pretty much eliminated with the sets they've converted to their new printing machines. They also have some sheets that TFStickers doesn't.

Honestly, while both sellers have their pros and cons, both of them are extremely friendly and offer good customer service, so you won't really be disappointed. I say make purchases according to your specific needs and you can't go wrong. :) 

5. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

wow thanks, didn't know about tfstickers.com. looks like straight bootleg of the original sticker sheets.