Reprolabels sticker quality?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DBarricade, May 25, 2012.

1. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I'm sorry if this topic has already been done to death, but search didn't bring up anything when I checked...

I'm interested in getting some Reprolabels for my figures. (the DOTM Deluxe Wreckers + HA Roadbuster) However...I'm also EXTREMELY worried that the stickers will come off with time and play. (by play, I mean transform back and forth every now and again) So, before I dip my toes into the potential rabbit hole that is Reprolabels...how's the sticker quality? Leadfoot needs his sponsor logos, including the TARGET bull's-eye on his belly, dagnabbit!:) 

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Reprolabels = quality.

Seriously, you can always buy from them with confidence. It may take a while for your stuff to get to you, but the shipping is always cheap and it it always worth it.

3. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

+1

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had some stickers on my figures for years and they are just as good as the day I put them on. Reprolabels aren't those cheap ass stickers that peel after a while.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome quality, and if you have an issue ( i never have) email april, she'll fix it

6. Autobot Burnout

Wait, so if I e-mail her with my perpetual problem of "I need 20 million dollars in my bank account", she'll send me 20 million dollars?

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're sometimes even better than the official sheets these days (see Piranacon).

8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That was going to be my comment--Reprolabels can actually be an UPGRADE from what the toy originally came with. (a lot of recent GI JOE vehicles have had some pretty sad sticker sheets, too---you honestly have to wonder if Hasbro "forgot" how to make quality stickers, or changed suppliers or something)

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There are some VERY rare cases where you might encounter issues, but my experience has always been that these are due to the engineering of the toy rather than the quality of the stickers. In the unlikely event of QC issues, they will fix it for free, as mentioned by folks advice. I can't imagine the wreckers will give you any trouble at all. I've been using their stuff for years and recommend them without hesitation. I don't know how I would make it through collecting Animated and Prime without their upgrades.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    only on days that end with C. otherwise, no

11. DBarricade

So from what I'm gathering here, I can put these stickers on my figures without having to condemn them to permanently sit on display untouched in fear of the stickers coming off. Is this correct?

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    correct, i mess with mine still after application, no wear from normal play

13. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

Awesome quality, i usually transform the figures a lot and the stickers hold extremely well, no problems at all

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The quality of their product is impeccable. Unless there are problems with your figures or how you apply them, they will last as long, if not longer, than the original stickers.

15. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I have been a customer for something like 10 years and seen their sets evolve from Cut it yourself stickers that are sometimes not quite right (But you could see the effort) to stuff that is BETTER than the real Hasbro/Takara stuff.

I cannot recommend them enough!

16. DBarricade

Anything else I should be wary of? Like if I still have a shot to correct a mistake in placement if caught immediately, or if I should ensure the areas the stickers are going are as dust free as possible, etc.?

I think the last time I applied stickers was with G1 Hook - years and years ago.:eek: 

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the stickers hold up well to peel and place a couple times, always good to wipe the figure off first though

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

More than a couple of times though, and some of them might slide around, or refuse to wrap around corners.

19. Autobot Burnout

The only set I can think of where you need to take precaution is the old Classics Starscream set (the original 2006 version, not the G1 bone white Universe 2.0 redeco), since that has optional robot mode stickers that they tell you up front will not survive transformation and are meant for robot mode display only.

Every single other set that they have will hold up to some extensive play. I used to be scared to touch my old '07 Deluxe Barricade because the paintwear was continuously worsening on him and I didn't want the "POLICE" deco to come off. After covering the doors with the Reprolabels, I often fiddle with him as now there's no chance of loosing paint.

Hmmm, now all I need to do is find a language that has a day that has a word for a day of the week that ends with "c" and I'm golden!