reprolabels rubsigns vs original

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by whoamidri, Mar 13, 2012.

1. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I was wondering how the reprolabels rubsigns stack up to the original rubsigns found on G1 figures. I'd like to hear your opinions on sizing, sensitivity, color, and whatever else you might think is useful. Looking to replace one on my otherwise extremely nice Sludge and on a SIxshot, maybe a few more in the future.Thanks in advance!

I looked around for a previous thread that discussed this topic but couldn't find one. If this has already been discussed, I would be happy if someone could throw a link up to that thread.

2. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    You're in luck, as I was just re-stickering a Trypticon Full-Tilt and I had all my Reprolabels on hand, including some standard sized rubsigns I bought two years ago.
    I have to admit, the Reprolabels rubsigns are pretty good, but definitely not perfect, and to be honest, although they are probably the best replacement you could find, they are no match for the real thing.

Firstly, they needed to be cut to size. If you cut them out neatly, the sizing is fine, BTW, but because they are quite thick, you need to be careful to cut them neatly and without tapering edges.

The colors are good, but you can see the faction without even needing to rub the sign, due to the paint being rougher than the background, and due to the fact the whole rubsign isn't covered with a thin plastic film like the originals are.

Thirdly, they are way more heat-sensitive than the original G1 rub signs. They change color in a flash, but they also turn back into black very soon after, instead of like the original rubsigns, which kept their color for a little while.

I've added a (very poorly lit, iPhone) photo to show you how you receive them, and how you need to cut them out yourself.

Attached Files:

3. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Thank you Alldarker. That was exactly what I was looking for!