reprolabels on G1 toys

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I would like to know if putting reprolabels stickers on your G1 toys will bring the value down?

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I don't see why it would...you can always remove the stickers and get back to where you were...

3. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on who your buyer is.
    If their goal is originality, it may bring down the price.
    If they are interested in a TF that looks good, then I say order away.
    In most cases the Reprolabels are better than the originals because they are printed on vinyl, not paper. And the sizing is better than the originals in some cases.
    These guys really put out a great product.
    I'm a complete super mark for these guys.

4. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

In my opinion it would bring up the value if anything.

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Reprolabels outclass original G1 stickers any day of the week.

'nuff said.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Easily. For a start, after along time original stickers (even if unused) will not stick anywhere near as well.

7. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Yep... for a purist, it may bring the price down because they would have to remove all those stickers.

For everyone else (which I tend to believe is the majority), it would bring the price up... as long as they were put in the correct places, looks great and all that. :D 

8. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

I'm one of them people that like my G1s to be 100% original but im thinking i just might get reprolabel because the real G1 stickers are expensive and hard to find.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The purist have their own right to spend more on true authenticy If they'd like.

But ive seen many reprolabeled G1's go on ebay for some high ass prices. Sold a few off myself, and they became pretty dedicated customers

Stick those suckers on, they're awesome.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As many have said before, the only people who would likely take issue with it are purists. And even then, unless it was an mint figure with no stickers applied ever, or one where the stickers (worn or not) were removed to put the reprolabels on, reprolabels would likely have no effect on the value of the figure. In the vast majority of cases, where stickers have long since fallen off or worn away, reprolabels can really bring some nice detailing back to a figure.

Obviously, if you were selling the figure and had reprolabels on it, you'd have to mention that, though.

11. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    For the purists it definitely brings the price down. I had a mostly reprolabeled collection that wouldn't sell until I dropped the prices of those below what I was selling un-reprolabeled figures.

I would caution applying stickers to lightly-colored figures, since plastic under stickers will preserve the coloring, but unstickered portions may discolor. Sometimes the discoloration may be so little it'll go unnoticed until it's contrasted with plastic from under stickers. Sometimes uniform coloring, albeit discolored, is better for those intending to remove the stickers.

12. Nymyzys

Nymyzys Wailing Your Sorrow

Ebay:
    I would rather have a TF with a decent, fresh sticker layout, than one with stickers sloppily-applied by someone when they were 4 years old.