Reprolabels for Movie Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, May 27, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I am very curious and interested what Reprolabels.com can produce for the Nascar Wrecker Movie bots. Looking at my deluxe Topspin and Roadbuster... they are missing a ton of detail and decals. I wonder if Reprolabels can give them any justice. Any thoughts?

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I know they can, but I don't know it they will. They haven't made any sets for movie toys in a while, and there are plenty that could use extra detail, like RotF leader Optimus Prime and supreme Devastator...
    My guess is movie stickers just aren't in as high of demand as the other sets they're making...

3. OptimusPrimeFour

Maybe... but maybe they are waiting to see what there robot modes exactly look like because i bet there is missing details in robot mode just as much as vehicle mode.

4. hthrun

Ebay:
    I hope you're right, but there are plenty of RotF robot modes that could use more detailing but haven't gotten any stickers...

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

From my understanding, Reprolabels tends to produce sets that improve figures that actually NEED the stickers. Usually, that amounts to Classics figures like Sunstreaker and Jazz. You also have to factor in the actual transformation of the figure into the probability of a sticker set being made. The Classics ironhide set was unable to fully give the yellow stripe from the original figure and the Henkei release because of how segmented the sides are and the number of cuts that would be needed.

Then there's the problem with the movie figures usually lacking any flat surfaces. Yes, many ROTF figures could use more detailing, but since most of the details are jagged or oddly shaped it's impossible to make a sticker set for it, like ROTF Leader Prime.

Moving back to the actual topic, it's likely Reprolabels will make upgade sets for the Wreckers. What you guys need to realize is that it takes TIME to develop the sets, and DOTM only hit shelves on the 16th. The movie also isn't out, so the actual source for determining "accuracy" is unavaliable for the Reprolabels crew to look at. It's made somewhat easier since the Wreckers are based on real-life race cars, but for some of them that aren't smooth in the alt. mode (Deluxe Topspin, HA Roadbuster), they don't know where to split the decals to best match the CGI models.

6. OptimusPrimeFour

Good point. I geuss we gotta play the waiting game.

7. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Top Spin would be hard too figure out but deluxe roadbuster should be a cake walk.

8. hthrun

Ebay:
    But they already have a sticker set for the 2007 leader Optimus Prime that has a lot of vehicle details, like silver door handles. Those stickers would just need to be altered to fit RotF Leader Prime.