Repro/Sticker: Reprolabels.com preview...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We'll tell you more about this new designer when we announce the next release... which will either be today or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, check out just a sample of what's coming:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

That looks great.

Hey Delta, any plans of making flame decals for Kiss Hot Rod?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet. That's pretty cool. I think it would be awesome if we could get the minicon symbol in all the different sizes. Any chance of that ever happening?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I certainly hope not . .

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Why not?

Kiss Rodimus repro's would be awesome! I'd buy them.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    1. The Ford GT has no such design graphic per factory.
    2. Not every single incarnation of Transformers needs to be G1 recycled.
    3. The factore racing stripes are already sufficent for design asethics (which is why Ford desgined the GT with them to start with).
    4. Alternators are Transformers of actual cars; the G1/TF:TM design of Hot Rod has little basis in realism.
    5. Alternators are homages at best to G1 and are a seperate sub line of TF toys (see point #2).
    6. Variety is the spice of life (as in "it's nice to see other things besides G1 TFs").

While some of these are my own personal opinions, I do have some legitimate basis for each of them, other than "it looked cool in G1, so whatever looked cool in G1 will look cool on any future incarnation of a given TF intended to mirror its original counterpart. That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth (since you asked buddy :thumb ).

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    they already made flame decals for their blue Prowl to Nightbeat conversion, and the bizarre "tribal tattoo" decals for Jazz. Compared to that, flame decals for Hot Rod isnt really silly at all.

8. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Think your missing the whole point about these sets from reprolabels. They are for people who WANT to make their Binaltech/Alternators look more G1.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't feel I'm missing the point at all. I just don't see the overwhelming need to make everything adhere to G1. I just don't think the GT Rodimus needs anything else.

I'm not negating homages to G1 (just as my reasons or my own customs work clearly indicate); all I'm saying is that it seems that once a new toy comes out with a refreshing spin on an old favorite, a lot of fans have the inclination to immediately turn it into the same toy he/she had 20 years ago.

To "miss the point" would indicate that I'm completely oblivious to G1, how dear it is to many fans, and the desire to see old favorites in new forms. Such is not the case. If anything, I acknowledged that and developed opinions based upon that presuppostion. I just have an alternate viewpoint to many "Geewun"ers (as if I had some sort of resentment to G1 itself).

I'm a diehard G1 fan myself. :thumb 

10. Delta Star

News Credits:
    Just my two cents...

I agree not everything needs to adhere to G1. If I collected BT/Alternators, I'd limit it to just a few sticker sets.

However, everyone has different tastes on *which* few sets they would like to use, and some people just want them all. I'm not one to argue with customers, so yes there will be a KP Rodimus flame set. Of all the G1 sets, I personally think that one will look great.

11. Maximal Prime

Maximal Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey Delta,

I'm just curious...Have you guys thought about the possibilities of making G1 sticker sets for the new classics line? I know not all of them are the same as G1, but I can't get the idea of G1 stickers made to fit Classics Starscream out of my head.

12. Delta Star

News Credits:
    Classics Starscream stickers are already in the prototype stages. Should see a release in mid-December.

13. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet news all around Delta!

I can't wait to get the Classics Sets then..

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well the great things about your work, Delta, is the sheer quality and the variety from what I've observed. Even within the G1-esque contexts, you've done a lot to still keep things creative.

Also, you're flat out being a good graphic designer: you're giving people what they want. I still have the intention of picking up a few sets of labels from you ($ is my holdup currenty), but if I simply don't like any given label set my choices will be simply out of absence of purchase/customization.

I just want guys here to know that I support the great work you do for the fandom, but also allowing myself to have an opinion. :thumb 

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I probably would too, but I might need a second figure to put them on. :p 

16. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Profressional Asshole

Don't like it, don't buy it. But don't bitch if someone else does.

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm sorry man, but I hardly think you're in a position to make demands here. I, along with every other fan, have the right to express an opinion. I think I've made it pretty clear that Delta is an aquantence of mine and that I respect his work and contribution to the fandom. Delta is also selling labels of one of my own designs (1 of 3 A.R.C. faction symbols).

Also, SoundwaveCA is a buddy of mine and politely asked me my reasons for not liking something. To this, I gave a resonable argument for my preferences. I even stated that if I didn't like something I wouldn't buy it. The actual purchase/transaction was not even what I was commenting on; I was commenting on design asethetics, of which I feel I gave a reasonable critique.

Also, as stated, offering an opinion is one thing; demanding someone do something is another. Even if such were valid, expletives aren't necessary to get such a point across. Psycko, I know your post didn't personally address me by name, but I can't help but not see how that's not directed towards me. Not cool man, not cool. :thumbdown 

18. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Profressional Asshole

There is a world of diffrence between 'I don't think that will work' and 'No! Don't do it!'. You crossed that line which changed it from being a critique to being something else. Just because you don't personally like it, because you don't think it works with an asthetic, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. There are people who do like it and its meant for them. Its not like you're being forced to stick it on your Kiss Play Hot Rod.

So, in essence...

[​IMG]

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

He simply said "I hope not" he never ONCE said "don't do it, Delta!" so you need to stop picking a fight. The only person in this forum that tells people what to do is ME, so watch it.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks, Redline. I tend to try to practice what I preach (especially since I preach each Sunday and Wednesday). I don't make demands myself here which is why I ask the same from my peers here.

Also, I do want to make another note since it apparently wasn't clear: Delta is a customs friend of mine and I do what I can to support his work. With my original post and this one, I think it's pretty clear that there are a lot of things reprolabels puts out that I think are really nice (even some of the other G1 homages).

However, as a human, I am allowed to have opinions. I even done so civily. I'd think rereading (or reading to begin with) of my posts about "G1" TFs and their homages, the influence of "G1" itself on the fandom, reprolabels.com, and Delta himself (who I remember citing as a really "good graphic designer") would reveal my opinions and feelings.

Anyways, I remain excited to see what reprolabels.com produces in the future, especially as it pertains to the Alternators/Binaltech line. I'm anxiously awaiting my Armorhide labels as well as trying to conjure up the funds for a few of those Alt sets. Keep up the good work Delta!